SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Recruits

dakotadan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

In case anyone wants to keep tabs on any of your recruits from Minnesota, a good site for doing so:

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/page/show/113956-minnesota-girls-hockey-coaches-association

Player stats can be found under the "Leaders" tab. Click "Varsity Teams" for complete players list. The Marvins are off to a quick start. I don't think anyone is surprised by that.

In case anyone wants to keep tabs on any of your recruits from Minnesota, a good site for doing so:

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/page/show/113956-minnesota-girls-hockey-coaches-association

Player stats can be found under the "Leaders" tab. Click "Varsity Teams" for complete players list. The Marvins are off to a quick start. I don't think anyone is surprised by that.

Yeah, I also saw that Leah Jensen has a hat trick in every game she's played this year.

• 1 month later...

Sam should fit right in...

Q&A with Sam LaShomb of South St. Paul

01/04/2011, 2:32pm (CST)

By Ron Haggstrom, Star Tribune

What did you work on in the offseason? Getting better, getting stronger. Doing whatever I can do to set myself apart from all the other hockey players.

If you could change one thing about high school sports, what would it be? Make checking legal in girls' hockey.

Who is your favorite college or pro sports team and why? The University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux because that's where I am going to school and they have by far the best team name and logo in the country.

Kaiser commits with UND Fighting Sioux

Crookston Pirate girls' hockey senior center Shannon Kaiser verbally committed to play women's hockey at the University of North Dakota Sunday. Kaiser, a captain for the Pirates, made an official visit to UND Sunday, attending the women's hockey game against Bemidji State and afterwards committed to the Fighting Sioux.

"I went to the game and after that I met with the coaches and they brought me to their office," said Kaiser. "We talked about school, other sports I was in, my family and then we got down to it. I asked questions about the school and asked about redshirting. Then I asked them when they might be giving me an offer. The coaches looked at each other, made me the offer and I took it."

• 1 month later...

Warroad scores five unanswered in the third period to beat South St. Paul 5-1 and defend their title. All the future Sioux looked pretty impressive. Definitely some good years ahead for this program.

Section 8 playoffs were tougher than the actual state tourney.

I get to see Sun Praire recruit, Josie Johnson, play fairly often, since Sun Prairie is in my daughter's conference. Don't know whether she's signed or even been promised a spot. I'd be interested in whether anyone else has any thoughts on her play. It's difficult to tell how good the best players in that conference are.

I get to see Sun Praire recruit, Josie Johnson, play fairly often, since Sun Prairie is in my daughter's conference. Don't know whether she's signed or even been promised a spot. I'd be interested in whether anyone else has any thoughts on her play. It's difficult to tell how good the best players in that conference are.

Sun Prairie co-op's Johnson will play at college, but first is the state tournament

One week earlier, Johnson achieved her other lifelong goal, the impact of which stretches far beyond the Madison area. The senior defenseman orally committed to the University of North Dakota, becoming the first player from Wisconsin to make a direct jump from a girls prep hockey team to compete for a Division I school.

"That's been my dream forever

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sportsline

Sophomore Lynn Astrup has become the latest Warroad hockey player to commit to North Dakota for her college career, beginning in the 2013-14 season.

She joins four teammates headed to Grand Forks: Layla Marvin and Shelly Amslie-Benzie who will be freshmen this fall and Lisa Marvin and Kayla Gardner who begin their college careers in 2012.

According to the USCHO commitments thread, Swedish National Team player Klara Myren formerly listed as a UND recruit has decided to play at Vermont. I cannot vouch for the accuracy but it sounds like legit info.

Yes, Klara Myren is listed on Vermont's roster. Another one of the original four Europeans to commit to UND following the Olympics is also missing from UND's roster - Cecilia Ostberg. Those were the two players who actually played for Peter Elander on the Swedish Olympic team. Anyone know the story on this? I know we have alot of freshman coming in, but sucks to lose two Olympians who actually played for one of your coaches.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Idalski talked about another possible European recruit that could come to fruition by November sometime. Anybody have a clue about who that would be? I would think if you are going to go through all the NCAA clearing headaches, that it must be a high-end type of talent.

Idalski talked about another possible European recruit that could come to fruition by November sometime. Anybody have a clue about who that would be? I would think if you are going to go through all the NCAA clearing headaches, that it must be a high-end type of talent.

Based on my knowledge of European women's junior hockey, I know nothing...

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205334180

Sioux add six for 2012-13

University of North Dakota women's hockey head coach Brian Idalski announced Tuesday the addition of Meghan Dufault, Tanja Eisenschmid, Samantha Hanson, Rebecca Kohler, Samantha LaShomb and Marissa Salo to play for the Sioux beginning in 2012-13.

"We were able to acquire some quality kids up front," Idalski said "Although we feel like we are pretty deep at forward, they were some of the best players to come out in this recruiting class and couldn't pass them up. We also wanted to shore up our team defensively and get a little more offense from our blue line. We feel we brought in some solid offensive D that can shoot the puck and create offense in transition. Overall we feel this is an outstanding recruiting class character, skill and work ethic wise."

"Our last two classes have been tremendous. These kids are going to be players for years to come and keep us up where we want to be and that is in national contention and playing for championships."