SiouxSports.com Forum

USD vs UND

gfhockey

kind of a scrappy game so far... sioux are playing all right... hope they can keep this tempo up.... should be ok if they can shoot 40% from 3 point land the rest of the game

roebuck doing his usual yelling at the refs a lot lmao

side note... man is that sioux bench empty or what haha... roebuck brewster and some guy then 3 players.... about 10-15 open chairs haha

UND 54

USD 51

Final.

USD had 2.6 sec to throw a long pass down court hoping for a last second prayer. Bagesson caught the ball but took off running down the court with her hands in the air like they had won. But there was still 1.6 seconds left and she was called for a travel. USD had a chance to inbound it for 1 last shot but once again the Sioux caught the ball. The second time they stood still until the horn sounded to celebrate. haha. Dumb mental mistake but it turned out alright. Good, tough win for the ladies!

Sioux women are playing better but they just don't enough depth and talent. I watched the SDSU /NDSU women's game on TV tonight. Neither team looked good in the Ist half. In the 2nd half the Rabbits looked a lot better. NDSU women have a long way to go still. I thought they were going to look a lot better than they showed. UND needs to do some good recruiting but UND would definitely fit into the Summit League very nicely.

Bergen and Lof both played 40 min. last night. I suppose this is inevitable with a 6 player rotation and the drop off in the level of play when the freshmen take the floor. Worrisome none the less as there is plenty of this season remaining. In my opinion, providing the "iron six" stay healthy and the freshmen step it up, there are still plenty of W's ahead. If not, then........Precarious.

If the Sioux can stay healthy (knock on wood), things are looking pretty promising for the rest of the season based upon the current RPI's of Great West teams:

188 UND

209 USD

255 Texas-Pan American

271 NJIT

286 Chicago St.

328 Houston Baptist

335 Utah Valley

Particularly considering all the travel UND had this week and the extreme lack of depth, I'd say winning on the road against the second-best team in the conference (on paper) is a pretty good accomplishment.

If the Sioux can stay healthy (knock on wood), things are looking pretty promising for the rest of the season based upon the current RPI's of Great West teams:

188 UND

209 USD

255 Texas-Pan American

271 NJIT

286 Chicago St.

328 Houston Baptist

335 Utah Valley

Particularly considering all the travel UND had this week and the extreme lack of depth, I'd say winning on the road against the second-best team in the conference (on paper) is a pretty good accomplishment.

I'd say this conference sucks!!!! ;)

It does. But it probably also is worth mentioning that despite having one of our worst teams of the Roebuck era, only two Summit teams have a higher RPI right now.

Well, then the Summit conference sucks too!! :huh:

I say we try and get into the WAC or Big Sky. Go west and find games. The Midwest is boring, lets go where the mtns. are. That way, even if we continue to suck, we'll play in beautiful places!! ;)