SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs Niagara and Notre Dame/Colgate

AZSIOUX

Lets get 2 non conference wins and move back up those pairwise rankings a bit. Big shoes to fill now without genoway, kristo and zajac. Time for a few guys to really step up. Notre Dame is missing one forward to the wjt as well in Kyle Palmieri.... LETS GO SIOUX

Saturday at Hoffman Estates

Sioux vs Niagara 3:05 pm central time

Notre Dame vs Colgate 7:05 pm central time

Sunday at Hoffman Estates

Sioux vs Notre Dame/Colagte at 2:05 (3rd place game) or 5:05 pm (title game)

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

und.gif - WCHA

Overall Record: 9-6-3 (.583)

WCHA: 6-6-2, 14 points

Home: 5-2-3

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I would give the nod to the Sioux with how poorly ND has been playing this year, but missing three big time players is going to hurt UND, especially on the PP.

First things first, get past Niagara and worry about the 2nd game on Sunday. ;)

I agree about the PWR. Two more OOC wins would be huge for the Sioux.

Normally I would give the nod to the Sioux with how poorly ND has been playing this year, but missing three big time players is going to hurt UND, especially on the PP.

First things first, get past Niagara and worry about the 2nd game on Sunday. ;)

I agree about the PWR. Two more OOC wins would be huge for the Sioux.

Remember ND hasn't been a world beater this season and their team doesn't scare me at all and have under achieved, maybe we should have some faith in the Fighting Sioux. The Irish have one of their players at the WJC as well. Someone post on USCHO that ND has other players out as well.

Remember ND hasn't been a world beater this season and their team doesn't scare me at all and have under achieved, maybe we should have some faith in the Fighting Sioux. The Irish have one of their players at the WJC as well. Someone post on USCHO that ND has other players out as well.

they have issues scoring(like us) but their goaltending is very, very good, should we end up playing them a 1-0 game wouldn't surprise me.

I didn't say we wouldn't win it, however I do think that if we do end up playing ND on sun it could be a pretty boring game.

If UND plays a slow down game it could actually help us since the last couple games we lost or tied trying to sit on a lead, UMD and Miami come to mind right away.

If UND plays a slow down game it could actually help us since the last couple games we lost or tied trying to sit on a lead, UMD and Miami come to mind right away.

und history will reveal that the sioux don't fare well in 1-0 nothing games in their history. it is ridiculous the number of times und has lost a 1-0 game versus winning one. that said I hope it isn't a 1-0 game.

und history will reveal that the sioux don't fare well in 1-0 nothing games in their history. it is ridiculous the number of times und has lost a 1-0 game versus winning one. that said I hope it isn't a 1-0 game.

I would say let not your heart be troubled.

The Department of Redundancy Department would agree with this statement. ;)

$20 a seat for blueline, row 2 lower level. That covers both games, both days. A steal if you ask me.

They have 3 pricing levels, $14/$20/$40 for the ticket package I believe.

I thought the $20 was for both games each day.

Haven't bought tickets yet. Trying to find out the section the Sioux fans have tickets from UND.

Doesn't seem very crowded, but I don't want to sit near the ND fans.

What section are you in Brian?

I only live about 20 minutes from the arena, so if you need any info, I'll be glad to help out.

I thought the $20 was for both games each day.

Haven't bought tickets yet. Trying to find out the section the Sioux fans have tickets from UND.

Doesn't seem very crowded, but I don't want to sit near the ND fans.

What section are you in Brian?

I only live about 20 minutes from the arena, so if you need any info, I'll be glad to help out.

The $20 ticket package covers all four games. I bought 2 tickets and it came to $70 ($40 for the tickets plus $30 of useless fees from Ticketmaster).

Agreed about it not being very crowded, it seemed all sections had openings when I was looking about a month ago.

I'm in section C102, Row 2. Feel free to swing on by, it'd be nice to meet another ss.com poster! ;)

It sounds like the area around the arena is pretty empty...is that about right? Our hotel is about 20 minutes away as well according to Google maps. I'll be there with the wife and daughter.

The $20 ticket package covers all four games. I bought 2 tickets and it came to $70 ($40 for the tickets plus $30 of useless fees from Ticketmaster).

Agreed about it not being very crowded, it seemed all sections had openings when I was looking about a month ago.

I'm in section C102, Row 2. Feel free to swing on by, it'd be nice to meet another ss.com poster! ;)

It sounds like the area around the arena is pretty empty...is that about right? Our hotel is about 20 minutes away as well according to Google maps. I'll be there with the wife and daughter.

The arena is in a corp. hqtrs. area including Sears. A huge Cabella's is in the complex along with other shopping. 5 minutes outside the arena is residential with an area of multi-million mansions.

If your 20 minutes east, your in shopping heaven for your wife & daughter. Woodfield Mall, the largest Mall in the US until Mall of Amer. was built & Ikea & loads of other Malls are around. You won't lack for things to do.

Restaurants galore, A real tourist attraction.

If your 20 minutes west, there's still alot of shopping & restaurants, but nothing like the other way.

We just got tickets so I'll try to stop by. Not sure where we are sitting yet.

If your 20 minutes east, your in shopping heaven for your wife & daughter. Woodfield Mall, the largest Mall in the US until Mall of Amer. was built & Ikea & loads of other Malls are around.

Yeah, the wife made the hotel arrangements, so we are right across the street from Woodfield Mall.

Funny how that works out. ;)

This little hockey trip could cost you more than you bargained for.........you DON'T have to go along when they shop, do you?!

Negative, although I'm not sure what I'll do when they're shopping. :p

This will be my first time seeing the Sioux live this year, so the extra cost will be worth it. ;)