SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux @ Arizona State

sioooux

Wow....have we fallen or what...

Football lose to an NAIA school

Basketball

Mens's- lose to Mayville State..

Once proud womans team getting beat by 30-40 a game.. ???

Am I the only one that is just sick of this crap???

This stuff makes me sick!!!!!

You know we just have to deal with it. I'm sure that we are not the ONLY one and will not be the LAST one to do well in DII and make the transition and struggle. Don't worry about it. Geez.

I only caught a little of the game, but I did catch Roebucks comments after today and he said his team played as hard as they could, didn't feel ASU was any better bball talent wise but did say they were bigger and stronger witch was the difference. They had a number of players that were 6-2 or taller, I was excited when I thought we were getting a 6'5 player this year. Alas it hasn't worked out with that but what could we possibly expect facing the #14 team on the county on their floor, clearly outsized.

This transition is awful to have to suffer through, as I love our basketball programs. I look at things this way as we are at a stage in the D1 transition where 1 of 2 things is going to happen. The first being... We survive -our basketball programs are competitive for conference titles following the transition and become one of those mid majors that big time programs respect and are a bit leary of. Or because of our losses the programs begin to tailspin, no one wants to come play there and we become the perennial doormat of d1 and our conference. I hope like crazy we avoid the latter.

Wow....have we fallen or what...

Football lose to an NAIA school

Basketball

Mens's- lose to Mayville State..

Once proud womans team getting beat by 30-40 a game.. ???

Am I the only one that is just sick of this crap???

This stuff makes me sick!!!!!

How long until this poster slips up and gives away their real identity?

The transition itself is not the factor as SDSU proved having really good success playing good competition during their transition.

It's really about conference affiliation that makes the difference in stability and recruiting. Lots of teams finish their transiton and nothing changes as they continue to struggle. Conference affiliation starts to bring stability and allow a team to recruit at a better level. But don't assume that ending the 5 year transition will majically turn things around if there are not NCAA tournament chances available at the end. Getting into a conference is huge, and I'm sure UND will be there soon.

recruiting

The one thing we gotta remember also, in bball, men's and/or women's, 1 real good recruiting class is all thats required to turn an average or below average team into a great team.

When Buck came here in 87, UND women were not on the radar.......at all. The first year, coach brings Heisler and Chaske with him, and they go to the University of Arizona and win!!

BBall can turn quickly.............not this year............but it doesn't take 3 or 4 years to start winning.

The one thing we gotta remember also, in bball, men's and/or women's, 1 real good recruiting class is all thats required to turn an average or below average team into a great team.

When Buck came here in 87, UND women were not on the radar.......at all. The first year, coach brings Heisler and Chaske with him, and they go to the University of Arizona and win!!

BBall can turn quickly.............not this year............but it doesn't take 3 or 4 years to start winning.

Coach I totally agree. But in my opinion that would come with a change to the head mens coach and women who knows??

I am willing to give Gene the benefit of the doubt..he's earned it....but Jones has showed me nothing!!!

Was at the ASU game. Sioux women played hard and played tough defense. Missed our scorer when she was in foul trouble. ASU had a couple of 6'5" kids and a 6'3" kid off the bench. Bergan played virtually the entire game and three times the ASU defender fell over trying to keep up with her when she put a move on while bringing the ball up the court. In the second half Ledger had three plays that showed she can play. Not sure where that has been so far. The Lof kid played all but a minute in the first half and played great defense with 5 steals and rebounded well. She didn't hit her shots but has improved a lot since last year and shows she belonged on the court. Too slow to get our shots off when open against these teams. Depth isn't there and we need to get stronger. I am not sure who will bring the ball up once Bergan is gone. Bucky still needs to clean up his mouth a bit. That will get him canned before anything else. He has proven he can coach. Kids will be less and less likely to take that crap from him and it gets in the way of his ability to coach. Hope someone close to him wises him up before some player's Dad husband or uncle has a closed door session with him. Rothsfuz looks like an athlete. Will be interesting to see how she develops once she gets stronger.