SiouxSports.com Forum

Forwards 2002-03

jk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Hasbargen was a walk-on, correct?  It is not like his scholarship was taken away.

I can understand feeling bad for Adrian, but you are right, Goon, I don't think he would have played much if any.  All he would have been doing is practicing and wearing a suit to the games.

Dagies,

Now you're going to have to do the same thing the coaches are doing. Reshuffle your great line-up.

You can't blame a player for leaving. That is their dream & what they have been working for all these years. When the NHL dangles money like they do , it's tough to pass up.

You're next shift could be your last. It's not like going to an office job. Careers are short lived & you have to grab it when it's there. Dean would never try to persuade a player to pass up a contract because he knows why they are at this level.

Good luck to Ryan. The team will be OK next year, other people will have to step up to fill his shoes.

Speez, don't get me wrong.  I wasn't blaming Bayda.  And I wish him the best of luck.

I just hate losing good players early, that's all.

It is good for recruiting in a way.  You can sell that to good recruits; that good players progress through your program and can move up to the pros.

I just selfishly would like to have them ALL 4 YEARS!  Or in Skarp's case "let them stay 4 years"!

And I am sure he is going with Blais' blessing.

I just don't have to like it!!!   ???

Well, when one person leaves, it opens up an opportunity for someone else to step up.  

The challenge to the players is, who WANTS it?

I wish the best for Ryan in the NHL.  It does s u c k to lose him though.  He takes away a lot of leadership and scoring potential.  I can't think of anybody right now who could step into his skates right away, and this only compounds some of the leadership issues we've discussed the past season.  Hopefully, somebody steps up fast and takes the position.

Ouch.  Best wishes to Ryan.

As for leadership, there will be three fourth-year players on the team, all good character guys - Spiewak, Notermann and Ryan Hale.  I'm not so worried about the leadership.

It's the production I'm worried about.  Its going to take more than one person stepping up to replace Bayda's offensive impact.  One of the guys in the group above needs to have a Skarp-like breakout year.  A few members of the big class need to move into the 30 to 40 point range.

One other implication is that another scholarship has probably been opened up.  Does Porter now come this year?  Or does Blais have someone else in mind?  Even without Bayda, strictly by the numbers there are plenty of forwards for next year.

As for leadership, there will be three fourth-year players on the team, all good character guys - Spiewak, Notermann and Ryan Hale.

Three? Uh, Chris Leinweber. And Brendan Connelly played two years at Air Force plus last year at UND. Technically he's a senior also. ???

The good news is that Ryan Hale is only a junior next year by eligibility (due to the medical redshirt).

dagies: Another epiphany in the works?