SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Jamestown

new2sioux2

I will not be able to make it to the game and I see there is no radio coverage for tonight either. Updates and input on how the team looks would be appreciated if anyone can. Go Sioux!

I can't make it either, but I believe Tom Miller from the Herald is doing a live blog from the game: link

I think Kate would like to forget her first performance as a Sioux-- You could tell the nerves were there and that factored into some ugly shots being put up. Now her form, she's not going to put up the prettiest shots but last night were right up there with stinky. I just hope she continues to improve, we're really going to need that frame of her's to be in the game at times, and she'll only be a threat if she improves, she has to if she's going to make it, and I hope she does because it would be good for the team.

Kuehl, I like here she showed me glimpses last night that she may end up being pretty good (made a really nice pass in traffic near the basket--instead of forcing it up--the pass didn't convert because her teammate bobbled it, but that means she's got some vision and understanding coming into her freshman year. I think this going to be tough year for her, with the speed of the game and everything, but after game 1, I'm encouraged that she'll evolve into a pretty solid player as the years progress here at UND.

I think Kate would like to forget her first performance as a Sioux-- You could tell the nerves were there and that factored into some ugly shots being put up. Now her form, she's not going to put up the prettiest shots but last night were right up there with stinky. I just hope she continues to improve, we're really going to need that frame of her's to be in the game at times, and she'll only be a threat if she improves, she has to if she's going to make it, and I hope she does because it would be good for the team.

Kuehl, I like here she showed me glimpses last night that she may end up being pretty good (made a really nice pass in traffic near the basket--instead of forcing it up--the pass didn't convert because her teammate bobbled it, but that means she's got some vision and understanding coming into her freshman year. I think this going to be tough year for her, with the speed of the game and everything, but after game 1, I'm encouraged that she'll evolve into a pretty solid player as the years progress here at UND.

The thing everyone needs to remember about Sharapova is, in the Mon-Dak, she only played against 1 or 2 post players that were in the 6'3-6'5 range. She put up huge rebounding numbers against alot of small post players. Small meaning 5'10-6'0. The times I watched her in that league I would never have said she was a good offensive post player. Shooting range and touch were always an issue for her. She gives UND a good sized body with lots of length. Defensively, she'll be fine but offensively, she is who she is. Don't count on her for big offensive nights, not consistently anyway.