SiouxSports.com Forum

2009/2010 Season

4siouxnow

I think official practice starts friday. The ladies have a very tuff schedule before the holidays the record may not look so great. I think 6 or 7 of the teams they play were in either the NIT or NCAA's with Arizona State being in the elite 8 and Ball State having beaten Teneesse. Should be some great games here in Grand Forks, I would expect close to sell outs for Green Bay, Wyoming and Ball State with a little marketing, those are great teams to be bringing in.

Has anyone seen any of the true freshman on the floor this fall ?

I would expect Bergan, Bagaason, Youngblut, and either Ledger (if healthy) or Sharkova, and either Lof or Seay to be the starters. Smart should be able to give Bergan a break this year. Is Privratsky going to be ready to go she showed some nice promise last year.

I would think the Great West should be very competitive and will add alot more intrigue to the second half of the season.

Who do you think will be with us at the top ?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about the other Great West programs, but USD should be pretty good since their best player (Hegge) sat out last year with an injury and is now back. I think they also got a pretty good transfer from Iowa State, although presumably she has to sit out a year.

UND should be more balanced in scoring than we've seen in a long time, since for so many years it seemed like one or two players--Kimbrough, Langen, Boese, Leighton, etc.--would be the leading scorers by far. This year, there should be several players at or very near double figures, and I don't really see anybody averaging more than about 12 ppg.

I don't know much about the other Great West programs, but USD should be pretty good since their best player (Hegge) sat out last year with an injury and is now back. I think they also got a pretty good transfer from Iowa State, although presumably she has to sit out a year.

UND should be more balanced in scoring than we've seen in a long time, since for so many years it seemed like one or two players--Kimbrough, Langen, Boese, Leighton, etc.--would be the leading scorers by far. This year, there should be several players at or very near double figures, and I don't really see anybody averaging more than about 12 ppg.

I think alot will depend on how good we are in the post, if we can be a threat in there we have some shooters, Bagaason and Youngblut can both be very good from outside. We may be better defensively than we have been for a few years. Is Ledger healthy ?

Here's a season preview: http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.d...TCLID=204817183

It doesn't mention anything about either Ledger or Privatsky being questionable due to their injuries last season.

We should have a few answers to some questions Thursday night it will be interesting to see the new girls and how healthy the sioux are. I hear that several have been sick as per the flu.

I'm a little concerned that this year's team is really going to struggle to score points in the paint, and if the outside shots aren't falling--and they sure weren't last night--scoring is going to be a real problem. This is probably the first season since about 2003-04 where we haven't had a talented scorer in the low post.

I'm a little concerned that this year's team is really going to struggle to score points in the paint, and if the outside shots aren't falling--and they sure weren't last night--scoring is going to be a real problem. This is probably the first season since about 2003-04 where we haven't had a talented scorer in the low post.

I would have to agree. I know our perimiter shooting can be streaky and when Bagaasan and Youngblut are on they are some of the best, but missing a ton of high percentage shots is not going to get it done against anybody much less Greenbay, ASU etc. And if we are going to miss, we need to make free throws!!!! As you have stated and Roebuck too, it will be a different type of ball the Sioux play this year compared to years past, but hopefuly we will turn into a 3 point dominant threat like USD a few years ago where there is no true post but you have to spread the defense and bring their big girls out. Otherwise it could be a long season. Go Sioux!!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what is going on with WBB?http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/141607/

Although I don't think anybody is happy with the way this season has started, I'm not sure this is particularly surprising. Kirstie was in her third year in the program, and still wasn't getting playing time. Jenna likely never was going to play, either. And Haring was a walk-on who, like 99% of the kids who try to play two sports, probably quickly realized that it's just too much. If we start seeing players who are actually getting playing time leave, then that's a different story.

Way to go ladies!! I listened to this one at the office, good grief, not a pretty game over 50 combined turnovers, but a gutty performance. Good to see. Ledger was whistled for a technical foul for demontrative gesture- clapping of the hands after disagreeing with a call. :lol: hilarious, never heard of that one before. See everyone at the Betty for the men's game tomorrow night, and I'll be curiously listening to see how our ladies do against a Gonzaga team who most recently disposed of USC on Wednesday.

Hey to beat a team from the WAC-- is a good step forward. We do have a long ways to go though.