SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2009-10

AZSIOUX

Going to the BU/ Notre Dame tilt on Oct. 20th.

Anyone know the ins and outs of Agannis Arena? Any travel tips appreciated.

Beautiful arena (not as nice as the Ralph but one of the better arenas in college hockey). It's downtown so your best bet is to take the train down to BU as traffic down there is a nightmare-I went last year when BU played UMass Lowell. Great sightlines, well-lit, and the concourse has some really nice historical stuff on BU hockey and the numerous players that they have had in the Olympics over the years.

They sell some cool BU stuff as well. I buy at least one team puck at every arena I visit for a game. I picked up a couple of really cool ones there last year.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to the BU/ Notre Dame tilt on Oct. 20th.

Anyone know the ins and outs of Agannis Arena? Any travel tips appreciated.

Beautiful arena (not as nice as the Ralph but one of the better arenas in college hockey). It's downtown so your best bet is to take the train down to BU as traffic down there is a nightmare-I went last year when BU played UMass Lowell. Great sightlines, well-lit, and the concourse has some really nice historical stuff on BU hockey and the numerous players that they have had in the Olympics over the years.

They sell some cool BU stuff as well. I buy at least one team puck at every arena I visit for a game. I picked up a couple of really cool ones there last year.

Eh, it's not actually downtown. More like the outskirts, but right along the river. I did my undergrad there if you have any more specific questions. I've heard from friends that the food has gotten worse in the arena (not that I ever ate it) so you might want to plan to eat before or after the game. Especially the hot dogs, don't get the hot dogs.

Eh, it's not actually downtown. More like the outskirts, but right along the river. I did my undergrad there if you have any more specific questions. I've heard from friends that the food has gotten worse in the arena (not that I ever ate it) so you might want to plan to eat before or after the game. Especially the hot dogs, don't get the hot dogs.

Splitting hairs, it may as well be downtown as the traffic sucked. Plan on leaving early enough to allow for traffic.

Also, if you get a chance, visit Northeastern's arena-it's claim to fame is that Matthews Arena is the oldest arena in the world. They just spent several million dollars refurbishing it with nice seats, a big video scoreboard, and new concessions. I got to see the Sioux play NU a few years back and it was a lot of fun! The NU student section is directly above the visiting goalie for 2 periods and they're funny! Lot's of funny cheers!

The ECAC is moving their hockey tournament from Albany,NY to Atlantic City in 2011. Not sure how this will do since the ECHL had a pretty good team there and they only averaged around 2,000 per game at the Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall. There is a story about this on September 29 at www.ecachockey.com.

This story was in the Madison newspaper. There has been talk forever of a Big Ten Ice Hockey conference, but it sounds like they met and really talked about it.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/hoc...11b3606084.html

So the CCHA is trying to pick off the Badgers. Yeah, I don't see that happening. I can't see Wisconsin wanting to give up their share of the money from the WCHA. Also why would they consider Western Michigan, BGSU and Miami of Ohio for the Big Ten Hockey Conference. That's a joke right? I see this as a push to regionalize College Hockey and get some realignment.

Since I am a master of the obvious, it is all about the Benjamins. Less travel for them, more $ in the end. I hope our guys are planning for this possibliity. BTN is also big $ for them. Maybe UND fits into a new Big Ten? Penn State vs. our Fighting Sioux at the Alerus?

Shocker of the weekend was Maine getting swept by Union. Maine has apparently fallen far.

have they ever, wow

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

just get don adams #7 in your head and im sure you will see a major $#% up at some point this season at the ralph or a arena near you or probably both!!

Referee numbers

This season, WCHA refs will not have names on the backs of their jerseys. Instead, there will just be a number. For those wondering which refs are on the ice, here's a guide to the numbers they will be wearing this season:

3 -- Derek Shepherd

4 -- Todd Anderson

5 -- Justin Brown*

7 -- Don Adam

8 -- Tom Sterns*

9 -- C.J. Beaurline

10 -- Peter Friesema

11 -- Tim Walsh

12 -- Butch Mousseaux

14 -- Brian Thul

15 -- Marco Hunt

17 -- Craig Welker

18 -- Max Battimo

20 -- Brad Albers

22 -- Bill Mason

23 -- Matt Ulwelling

24 -- Jon Campion

25 -- Mike McCreary*

27 -- Jonathan Morrison

29 -- Scott Bokal

31 -- Brett Klosowski

33 -- Brad Shepherd

*denotes new referee

Grand Forks' linesmen:

37 -- Tom Lund

71 -- Brian Novlesky

76 -- Brandon Schmitt

77 -- Mike Eslinger

78 -- Nathan Freeman

79 -- Matt Ulwelling

83 -- Justin Hills

84 -- Phil Stodgell

92 -- Andy Carto

BC suffers a loss before the season even begins:

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...jorJuniors.html

Freshman winger Kenny Ryan has left Boston College, coach Jerry York said Thursday.

Ryan is expected to join the Windsor Spitfires of the Ontario Hockey League.

The move comes after Ryan played in two exhibition games with BC. The Eagles open the season Sunday at Vermont.

A second-round draft pick of the NHL

BC suffers a loss before the season even begins:

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...jorJuniors.html

Nice commitment to the program.

It's been somewhat common for the Boston schools in the past few years to have kids flake out, hasn't it?

Adam Pineault, Bourque, Ryan, and others...

BC isn't a cakewalk school academically. He probably got onto campus, got overwhelmed, couldn't hack it and knew he'd be heading for Weslosky land so he bolted.

The OHL and MJ in general is built for these types of players.

Sure, it hurts BC and the NCAA to lose high caliber players such as those I have mentioned, but it's certainly not going to stop.