SiouxSports.com Forum

FSSN on Fox College Sports

star2city

Kind of interesting to compare UND's FCS deal with Utah State's.

In basketball, Utah State is almost always a top contender in the WAC.

Utah State signs TV deal

College coaches are always trying to get their games on television, mainly for recruiting purposes.

Utah State University took a big step Monday in getting more games televised this year. Aggie Athletics Director Scott Barnes announced a deal that will guarantee a minimum of 13 games

While I regretfully won't be making it up this weekend to watch the football and the hockey games, I take a little comfort in the fact that I get to watch UND Hockey on Friday evening on FSN North, Sioux Football on Saturday afternoon on Fox College Sports, and then UND Hockey again on Saturday evening on FSN North, all from the comfort of my own home on this little thing called Direct TV. Fantastic. That TV deal is HUGE.

I really hope the hockey crowd makes it over to the football game in the afternoon to support the team.

Since FSSN is picking up the games in Alaska, does this mean they will be on Fox College Sports?

The FSSN will be picking up the Alaska GCI broadcast (normally on C band only), and broadcasting it via the FSSN transponder. Unlikely that FCS will pick this up. You'll have to head for a sports bar with KU band capabilities (Sensor's in the TC).

The FSSN will be picking up the Alaska GCI broadcast (normally on C band only), and broadcasting it via the FSSN transponder. Unlikely that FCS will pick this up. You'll have to head for a sports bar with KU band capabilities (Sensor's in the TC).

Thanks Sprig

Hi,

I looked through some of the threads, and couldn't quite find the info I'm looking for. I'm thinking of getting Direct TV or Dish Network...just wondering which is better as far as carrying FCS channels as well as other college hockey games?

Thanks!

Dish doesn't carry FCS. BASTERDS!!!!!

Edit: but it does have a sports pack that does have FSN channels with NHL and College hockey games.