SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux-Per Swing Golf Tourneys

UND Fan

Normally the promotion of Sioux-Per Swing golf outings has started by now. At this point, I have not even seen a schedule - have I missed it? I would certainly hope that they aren't being discontinued. It is a great way to create/improve fan interest plus raise some scholarship $!

Anyone have any knowledge as to what know what is happening with these golf tourneys?

Normally the promotion of Sioux-Per Swing golf outings has started by now. At this point, I have not even seen a schedule - have I missed it? I would certainly hope that they aren't being discontinued. It is a great way to create/improve fan interest plus raise some scholarship $!

Anyone have any knowledge as to what know what is happening with these golf tourneys?

I just found some info. Not nearly as many as normal. What happened to Bismarck, etc.? I am also surprised that these aren't being promoted on the fightingsioux.com website. They were promoted there in the past, weren't they?

North Valley/ Park River~Hillcrest Golf Club

June 11, 2009

Fargo~Oxbow Golf & Country Club

June 15, 2009

Grand Forks~King's Walk Golf Course

July 9, 2009

Detroit Lakes~Detroit Country Club

July 23, 2009

• 3 weeks later...

I just found some info. Not nearly as many as normal. What happened to Bismarck, etc.? I am also surprised that these aren't being promoted on the fightingsioux.com website. They were promoted there in the past, weren't they?

North Valley/ Park River~Hillcrest Golf Club

June 11, 2009

Fargo~Oxbow Golf & Country Club

June 15, 2009

Grand Forks~King's Walk Golf Course

July 9, 2009

Detroit Lakes~Detroit Country Club

July 23, 2009

Didn't there used to be one in Devils Lake, ND as well?

The expansion of the Sioux-per Swing Satellite golf tourney was the building of relationships by Rob Bollinger, for what ever reason this has seem to lose it's luster without the guidance of Bollinger. Rob believed that harvesting and maintaining good relationships with alumni and friends of the programs was the best way to keep the lines of support and future giving open.

A different administration and different ideas has lead us to less Tournaments, and to the idea, that these Tourneys need to make maximum amount of profits now. So now it is not so much about building relationships and harvesting opportunities of future support, but more about where and when we can make money now.

I liked the old way better....