SiouxSports.com Forum

3/6 Coaches Show

SiouxperFan

Regarding the U of M guys being yappers and artists with the stick, I have a theory on that.

The far majority of the U of M players did not compete for an entire season at the USHL level, where fighting is allowed. In that league, if you get your stick up or rub someone's face into the glass, you will get you butt handed to you. That is one reason I think that Taffe will have a tough time for a while in the NHL (if he gets there). He is one of the more active antagonists on that team. If he were to try all the stuff at a higher level that he does in college hockey, he better be able to back it up.

It's a maturation process that some guys get while others don't.

It doesn't surprise me at all that the players would say that. There's always been an aura that followed the guys that play at the U of M. That's why Sioux fans hate the Gophers so badly. :)

Regarding the U of M guys being yappers and artists with the stick, I have a theory on that.

The far majority of the U of M players did not compete for an entire season at the USHL level, where fighting is allowed. In that league, if you get your stick up or rub someone's face into the glass, you will get you butt handed to you. That is one reason I think that Taffe will have a tough time for a while in the NHL (if he gets there). He is one of the more active antagonists on that team. If he were to try all the stuff at a higher level that he does in college hockey, he better be able to back it up.

It's a maturation process that some guys get while others don't.

It doesn't surprise me at all that the players would say that. There's always been an aura that followed the guys that play at the U of M. That's why Sioux fans hate the Gophers so badly. :)

I think Taffe is a cock ___. (I am sure you can figure out the rest)  Personally I Taffe is bad with his stick and he is a ditry player, way worse than anyone that UND has. I must qualify this however, he is not quite as bad a demarchi but he does a lot of questionable things with his stick. The reason I say this is that I have watched a lot of UofM games this season.

But dont' get me wrong,  Taffe is a nice players that is a very good goal scorer, and an awesome player. But I also think he is a head case. Full of himself. I would be surprised if Taffe is with Minnesota next season. Taffe has pretty much accomplished everything he can at this level. Especially if UofM wins or goes pretty far in the NCAA...

I am sure the pros are going to come with a nice contract asking probably in the neighbor hood of half a million at least if not more. Gee I wounder what decision I would make. You can come back and get your college  education later.

I always laugh at fans who try to talk players out of going.  Like playing in the WCHA is some how better than the AHL, where do these guys get these ideas?

I disagree with people that think Bochenski is some how a Hackniski, I think Bochenski was goaded into a lot of the stuff that happened against Minnesota. Nothing would be nicer than to see him knock in a few goals this weekend. Cannady is the real deal, I think some from UND have been a little too critical of him unfairly. For example, I thought the penatly he took by the bench was and should have been a matching minor or nothing. It was a busch league call.

I think the hockey is going to be exciting this weekend, no prediction, I really wish I could see UND play next weekend but I think UND is a year away from being a great team...

Goon, you are probably on me for being critical of Bo and Canady.

First, let me establish that I am glad both these guys are on the team.

Second, I really am glad they are both on the team.

Third, I would love them even more if the could keep the sticks to themselves.  Maybe Bo was goaded into reacting against MN.  I say pop 'em one with the glove, then.  But the stick is a nasty weapon, and I'm sure it is easy to use but to me it is not the way to get back at someone.

I agree with you that it would be nice to see Bo drop a couple goals this weekend.  I think he might, too.  

I am so excited to get to the game I can no longer work.

Goon, you are probably on me for being critical of Bo and Canady.

First, let me establish that I am glad both these guys are on the team.

Second, I really am glad they are both on the team.

Third, I would love them even more if the could keep the sticks to themselves.