SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

again, straight from the fcs web site:

Most Fox College Sports programming is available on the Fox regional sports networks

just because it's labelled fsn or some other variation of fox regional sports network and not fcs doesn't mean they may not show it on one of those channels.

Keyword being "most". I recall exclusive FCS programming (live sporting events) not shown on any of the regional sports networks with Dish Network and fear that may be the case with many of the Sioux games. Either way we have the opportunity for increased coverage.....too bad I'm under contract with Dish or I'd be switching to Directv right now for channel 617.

Keyword being "most". I recall exclusive FCS programming (live sporting events) not shown on any of the regional sports networks with Dish Network and fear that may be the case with many of the Sioux games. Either way we have the opportunity for increased coverage.....too bad I'm under contract with Dish or I'd be switching to Directv right now for channel 617.

Neither the football game Saturday nor the hockey game Sunday show up in the dishnetwork program guide on any FSN's or ALT's. Possibly some games will show up during the season on a dishnetwork FSN chennel. Guress for those with Dishnetwork and no FTA system, it's time to call dishnetowrk and demand the FCS.

• Downvote 1

again, straight from the fcs web site:

Most Fox College Sports programming is available on the Fox regional sports networks

just because it's labelled fsn or some other variation of fox regional sports network and not fcs doesn't mean they may not show it on one of those channels.

Thats because FCS picks game off the FSN channels. However, this deal with UND comes from FSSN which is not a FSN channel, so no dice for those with dishnet.

What dhager says, however, still applies to both directtv and dishnetwork, except, directtv has one FSC channel, while dish does not.

at any rate...

the one fcs channel on directv plays live events chosen from the three fcs channels. the event chosen is different depending on your region, which is the smart way to do it if you're only going to offer one channel. here's what's on the other two fcs channels during the sioux game:

arizona high school football replay

pac-10 women's volleyball

southland conference football replay

big 12 football replay

the only live event the sioux will have to compete against for air time is pac-10 women's volleyball. since it's regional, i would imagine those of us living in the five state area would see north dakota hockey before pac-10 volleyball. in fact, i doubt anybody with directv will see pac-10 women's volleyball because i doubt directv or fcs would deem that as more of crowd draw than college hockey. then again, lacrosse anyone?

wrong!

The FCS channel on DirecTV 617 is NOT regional. It's one station that shows any live event that is not already covered by another regional sports network. Again, the original concept of FCS is 3 channels that show college/high school sports from the various regional sports networks and market it as a cable exclusive option. They cherry picked programming that was already available on the multi-sports pack that Dish & Direct carry. So instead of cable carrying 25-30 RSN"s and having alot of blackouts, they carried the FCS package. Last year FCS started getting "FCS exclusive" items that were not available on the other RSN's....they are labeled in the corner (the bug) as "FCS Exclusive". Directv got smart and cut a deal to be allowed to show the live games that are FCS exclusives and not available anywhere else. They can only carry live games

I'm confused by the working but lemme explain it better. I posted this back a page or so ago to show the difference. The bolded items are FCS exclusives and are not on another regional sports network on satellite

Here are examples of this weeks games on FCS

noon eastern...Sacred Heart at Central Conn. St on FCS Atlantic. The originating station is the NEC TV network. On satellite its on MSG+

3:00 Eastern...Kansas St & Iowa St on FCS Central only

3:30 Eastern...New Mexico & Texas Tech on FCS Pacific...on pretty much any FSN that doesnt have something else on

5:00 Eastern...Sioux game on FCS Atlantic. From the FSSN

7:00 Eastern...Kent ST vs. Baylor on FCS Pacific....on satellite on FSN SW

7:00 Eastern..Southern Illinois at Western Illinois on FCS Central...satellite folks will see on FSN Midwest

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

exactly Dave

617 or not at all

btw: what does the guide say? I know at my moms yesterday the guide only went to 1AM Saturday when I was there

Just got off the phone with a customer service agent, this does not seem to be the case anymore. I gave her the minimum amount of information, the teams and the start time. She did her search and came back with Channel 623, just like with johnsowe. My guide doesn't reflect this either, but I think we're in good shape for this Saturday and for all of the games going forward!

For those with Dish Network. I called and complained last night about not getting the same channel as DirecTV that shows these live, exclusive games. They said they were sorry and they offered me $10 off my bill for 12 months. That's great but does not fix the problem. So then I filled out this form:

http://dishnetwork.com/customerService/con...il/default.aspx

and complained there too. They responded back saying they would pass this on to the programming department. So I would encourage all Dish users on here to fill out this form and request the same channel as DirecTV has, 617. The more support we get the better chance we will have at seeing this!

Correct.

I was more responding to krangodance who said the 617 channel is regional when it isnt. The folks I got responses to from satelliteguys.us were from Pennsylvania, Iowa, California & New Mexico and one from Minnesota

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For those with Dish Network. I called and complained last night about not getting the same channel as DirecTV that shows these live, exclusive games. They said they were sorry and they offered me $10 off my bill for 12 months. That's great but does not fix the problem. So then I filled out this form:

and complained there too. They responded back saying they would pass this on to the programming department. So I would encourage all Dish users on here to fill out this form and request the same channel as DirecTV has, 617. The more support we get the better chance we will have at seeing this!

I have no contract commitment with Dish so maybe its time to threaten to switch over to directv.

I don't either but I can't get local channels here in Billings, MT. Probably one of the only markets left that can't get the locals through DirecTV :angry:

Same in NW North Dakota, directtv has said they'd have them for years, but still do not. Dish not only has them, but gives us the HD version also.

• Downvote 1

Same in NW North Dakota, directtv has said they'd have them for years, but still do not. Dish not only has them, but gives us the HD version also.

Hi Sprig....I just recently had my FTA satellite installed by Pete and he told me to join some of the satellite forums on the PSB website. Where can I find the ones that Sioux fans post too? I have never used my FTA satellite and I want to make sure I know how to do the scan and save it for all Sioux games. I'll be able to practice this weekend as we have the football game on Saturday

Hi Sprig....I just recently had my FTA satellite installed by Pete and he told me to join some of the satellite forums on the PSB website. Where can I find the ones that Sioux fans post too? I have never used my FTA satellite and I want to make sure I know how to do the scan and save it for all Sioux games. I'll be able to practice this weekend as we have the football game on Saturday

Go to the visonplus forum at the bottom of my posts and register, ask Pete for access to the "wild feed/finds" forum, FSSN is discussed there. Quite a few Sioux fans asking questions there after/or during installation

• Downvote 1

Just talked to Directv and 617 is an "Overflow" or "Alternate" channel of FSN.

I have no contract commitment with Dish so maybe its time to threaten to switch over to directv.

Just understand what you'd be getting, which is the game live as it happens. No replays, no coaches show, nothing else. I'm personally okay with that because of the coaches show availability through Fighting Sioux.com if we want it anyway.

I was more responding to krangodance who said the 617 channel is regional when it isnt. The folks I got responses to from satelliteguys.us were from Pennsylvania, Iowa, California & New Mexico and one from Minnesota

don't mis-quote me. i never said 617 was a regional channel. i said fox sports net has like 14 regional sports channels and live events not on these can sometimes be found on channel 617. i got this information straight from foxcollegesports.com and posted the text from their site.

thank you. exactly what i've been saying. somehow that was turned into me saying 617 was a regional channel.

After all of these posts does anybody know with clarity whether or not the games can be seen by directv customers? This is so confusing.

After all of these posts does anybody know with clarity whether or not the games can be seen by directv customers? This is so confusing.

There is no guarantee that all of the available games will be shown on Directv. They use Channel 617 to show some of the content from Fox College Sports and it sounds like they will also use Channel 623 for the same purpose. But you will have to check for each game to see if they will be shown or not. Those that have the 3 Fox College Sports Channels on their cable system will be able to see all of the available games on one of the 3 channels.

There is no guarantee that all of the available games will be shown on Directv. They use Channel 617 to show some of the content from Fox College Sports and it sounds like they will also use Channel 623 for the same purpose. But you will have to check for each game to see if they will be shown or not. Those that have the 3 Fox College Sports Channels on their cable system will be able to see all of the available games on one of the 3 channels.

that's become the clear case. i think we're just all so anxious to know whether or not those of us with directv will be able to see the games that we're going around and around on this hoping for some clarification that isn't available yet. i hope it's on and i just with directv would post something somewhere containing their schedule for 617, 623, and any other channel that doesn't currently show a schedule. after all, the game is on in two days and they're still not letting us know if it will be on.