SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

unknown. The schedule isnt finalized.

When they were DII there use to be usually 2 football games (plus home playoff games usually) and 2 or 3 basketball doubleheaders. But last year there was only one football game and no bb games. Hopefully that changes this year :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This is GREAT news! Last year was a very strong signal, so I am hoping for the same this year! And I am so very glad to hear Sioux hockey will be up on satellite again this year! Woohoo!

I would like to echo this comment! I'm very excited for another season of televised Sioux hockey - hopefully we can pick up a few more road games this year as well.

I am planning on setting up a system like this, would investing in an HD Receiver be worth while now?

The broadcast will be in SD as per usual, so no point in going HD quite yet.

I use the Match Box Pro USB receiver to watch and record the Sioux games. It's a small satellite reciever the size of a ..... match box : )

The reason I mention it is it can do SD + HD, (also does 4:2:2 and AC3 audio) and you can set it up like a Tivo to record the game even if you are not home!

See my YouTube page for a short video where I use the Match Box Pro USB receiver to record most everything!

I am PSB2USA on YouTube!

GO SIOUX 2009/10

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am planning on setting up a system like this, would investing in an HD Receiver be worth while now?

If all you want is the Sioux games I would say no

If you want what is all up there on the different satellites, then I would say yes a HD box is a highly suggested item. Lots of HD sports up there :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok...so for us dumb guys, we're saying the satellite is in the same spot as last year? We just need to adjust the KU Band settings?

That is correct; just different frequency and symbol rate. Scan in the new one when it's live or enter the transponder manually in your receiver menu so you're ready when it is powered.

As for HD, much of the HD content is C band, so, if you're expecting to get lots of HD sports, you'll need to set up a big dish. Technology changes quickly, wait for the HD receiver when there is more available content, by then the receiver will be better than one you could get now (especially if you have or are getting a small dish for KU band only).

• Downvote 1

That is correct; just different frequency and symbol rate. Scan in the new one when it's live or enter the transponder manually in your receiver menu so you're ready when it is powered.

As for HD, much of the HD content is C band, so, if you're expecting to get lots of HD sports, you'll need to set up a big dish. Technology changes quickly, wait for the HD receiver when there is more available content, by then the receiver will be better than one you could get now (especially if you have or are getting a small dish for KU band only).

Thank you very much!!

FSSN Schedule

October 4, 2009 (Saturday) Manitoba (Exhibition) 6:07 PM

October 9, 2009 (Friday) Merrimack 7:37 PM

October 10, 2009 (Saturday) Merrimack 7:07 PM

October 16, 2009 (Friday) Minnesota 7:37 PM

October 17, 2009 (Saturday) Minnesota 7:07 PM

October 23, 2009 (Friday) at Alaska 10:07 PM

October 24, 2009 (Saturday) at Alaska 10:07 PM

November 13, 2009 (Friday) St. Cloud 7:37 PM

November 14, 2009 (Saturday) St. Could 7:07 PM

November 27, 2009 (Friday) Miami (OH) 7:37 PM

November 28, 2009 (Saturday) Ohio State 7:07 PM

December 11, 2009 (Friday) Wisconsin 7:37 PM

December 12, 2009 (Saturday) Wisconsin 7:07 PM

December 19, 2009 (Saturday) Exhibition vs. US World Jr 7:07 PM

January 8, 2010 (Friday) Minnesota State 7:37 PM

January 9, 2010 (Saturday) Minnesota State 7:07 PM

January 29, 2010 (Friday) Denver 7:37 PM

January 30, 2010 (Saturday) Denver 7:07 PM

February 19, 2010 (Friday) Minnesota-Duluth 7:37 PM

February 20, 2010 (Saturday) Minnesota-Duluth 7:07 PM

March 5, 2010 (Friday) Michigan Tech 7:37 PM

March 6, 2010 (Saturday) Michigan Tech 7:07 PM

March 12, 2010 (Friday) WCHA Playoffs * 7:37 PM

March 13, 2010 (Saturday) WCHA Playoffs * 7:07 PM

March 14, 2010 (Sunday) WCHA Playoffs (if necessary) * 7:07 PM

Looks like the games at Duluth aren't televised, but the AA games are......what's up with that?

Not sure, but it could be that the local TV station in Duluth is not televising this year's games. Picking up another school's feed is generally how the away games get done. UMD has normally been the away game the past few years though. Most if not all of AA's home games are televised, so it is relatively easy to pick up their satellite feed.

Not sure, but it could be that the local TV station in Duluth is not televising this year's games. Picking up another school's feed is generally how the away games get done. UMD has normally been the away game the past few years though. Most if not all of AA's home games are televised, so it is relatively easy to pick up their satellite feed.

actually UMD is doing the games against the Sioux

2009-10 Bulldog Hockey on Charter Communications

DATE OPPONENT TIME (CST)

Dec. 4 North Dakota 7:00 p.m.

Dec. 5 North Dakota 7:00 p.m.

but I guess they (FSSN) would rather show Anchorage. And you are right. UAA does have all their home games on cable TV so the FSSN plucking the feed is rather easy (seen many UAA games on C-BAnd)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

actually UMD is doing the games against the Sioux

2009-10 Bulldog Hockey on Charter Communications

DATE OPPONENT TIME (CST)

Dec. 4 North Dakota 7:00 p.m.

Dec. 5 North Dakota 7:00 p.m.

but I guess they (FSSN) would rather show Anchorage. And you are right. UAA does have all their home games on cable TV so the FSSN plucking the feed is rather easy (seen many UAA games on C-BAnd)

How long before we can get a master list of college hockey games televised by Dish, Directv, etc.? I found such a list very helpful last year.

Neither the new coordinates, nor the new deal with WDAZ, have been announced yet. The best you can do is point at last year's satellite 91W. Do you have a motor, or fixed? What components? If fixed, you can aim it, make sure mast is plump, set dish elevation on bracket (adjust up or down until you find signal), then find a satellite, scan, if it's not the right one, rotate in the right direction, and rescan; once found, fine tune. If you don't at least have a simple squealer, you'll need a TV and maybe your receiver outside by your dish to find the proper elevation. If you have a motor, the process is slightly different.

For those buying new systems, the new easy find system looks great for those doing their own installation.

http://www.psbsatellite.com/

http://www.easysignalfinder.com/index.html

I live in the Twin Cities and am interested in getting a dish installed. I wouldn't dare mess with it myself. Is there someone I can call for one stop shoping for the dish and the install? I am very unfamiliar with this, does it need to be re-aimed and re-configured every season? Is a subscription necessary?? Any advice would help, I know nothing about this.

it depends on the season but last year and this year they are on the same satellite.

no subscription is necessary. Its called free to air which means as long as the channel is sent up unencrypted, you can pick it up. FSSN is not a 24/7 channel. Its up 15 minutes before the game until about 5 minutes after the post game.

The dish can be mounted on a roof, deck, pole mount, ghetto rig...you just need a good southern view.

Where in the cities are you? (general area). I'm in the cities too. There are a few Sioux fans from Gooferville here :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is there a way we can put general satellite info on to a one stop summary page? It seems like there are always questions out there on what types of systems to get, how to install it and other FAQ. Seems like this would save some people some time on having to retype info everytime there is the same question. And then if there are questions after looking at this one stop page, then head to the forums to ask about it.

Thoughts on this?

it depends on the season but last year and this year they are on the same satellite.

no subscription is necessary. Its called free to air which means as long as the channel is sent up unencrypted, you can pick it up. FSSN is not a 24/7 channel. Its up 15 minutes before the game until about 5 minutes after the post game.

The dish can be mounted on a roof, deck, pole mount, ghetto rig...you just need a good southern view.

Where in the cities are you? (general area). I'm in the cities too. There are a few Sioux fans from Gooferville here :silly:

I am in St. Louis Park. About 2 miles west of Lake Calhoun.

I'd like to get someone to install it and aim it for me all at once. It sounds like there is someone in the cities that can do it. Do you have a dish for Sioux hockey?? It'd be nice to get it all done for this season!