SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 NCAA Tournament

Matt

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a fun time in the Cities this weekend! Great scenario for NDSU. They'll bring a great crowd and will likely be the feature game nationally in their time slot.

Looks like bisonville crashed again ;):lol:

Gonna be a alot of NDSU and UND green in MSP next week

Two years in a row that they've faced the defending national champs. Last time it was a 10-point loss to Florida. At least this one's got the letter curse going for us.*

*Letter Curse: NDSU + M = Good; Kansas + B = Bad

Minneapolis + Metrodome + Bison = NDSU win ;)

Congrats on getting to Dance close to home....

I really wanted to go see UNI, not sure I'm going to make the trip to Portland....?

Side Note: Ask Jim what kind of server he is using, everytime I check in on Bisonville lately you guys are down. Going to be D1 you need a D1 message board that can handle the traffic....lol / just kidding sort of...

DAMN!!!! I was THIS CLOSE to having this franchise at the BSA today...

depend_diaper.gif

I could have taken those rubes for SO MUCH MONEY!! I guess eventually they'll learn what it's about to be part of a Division I Selection show now...oh crap...maybe I should have invested in kleenex? :lol:

Are Sioux fans going to be able to take in both if they want(and vice versa), or will the two games conflict?

No conflict, Sioux play Friday night at 7PM, although many may want to watch Wisco/Denver at 2PM. Room for all three, I'd guess, although the dome and the Excel aren't in the same neighborhood (or city for that matter).

Are Sioux fans going to be able to take in both if they want(and vice versa), or will the two games conflict?

In theory yes, but $70 for the session is too steep when we'd be out of there after the first game. We're gonna pass in favor of the afteroon game at the X, but I'm sure there will be some Sioux fans there.

In theory yes, but $70 for the session is too steep when we'd be out of there after the first game. We're gonna pass in favor of the afteroon game at the X, but I'm sure there will be some Sioux fans there.

I kicked around the idea of going, but at $70 (face) a pop I decided to pass. SU will have a big following so even tickets off the street will be tough to get. Have family that lives near KC and went to a first round day there few years back...what a blast. If you ever have a chance to go to a 1st or 2nd round regional, it is an electric day of basketball. But hockey is the big deal this weekend...GO SIOUX!

Agreed - would like to go, but don't have the coin for just the one game.

This is a good year to play Kansas. As a bb fan I may go. Never been to a tourney game.

If I go I will wear a Sioux jersey. The Sioux may be in the Summit someday. I hope so.

But when you look at the Summit compared to the other conferences in the country I'm afraid

it doesn't rank that high. It's an average or below average conference. And you know what Paul Harvey said about being average.

It means your the best of the louiest, and the lousiest of the best.

It made me wonder since neither UND or NDSU has never won a D2 mens BB Champiosship

is it more difficult to win a D2 Championship or to win the Summit in BB.

It made me wonder since neither UND or NDSU has never won a D2 mens BB Champiosship

is it more difficult to win a D2 Championship or to win the Summit in BB.

Having seen the UND teams of the late 80's/early 90's while at school that went to the D2 Elite 8 tourneys, if this SU team was D2 now, they'd have a great shot at a D2 title this year. This SU team is the best college BB team to come out of the state of ND.

Look at Winona St. the past couple years...D2 champs! SU is in a league talent-wise above any of those Winona teams.

Having seen the UND teams of the late 80's/early 90's while at school that went to the D2 Elite 8 tourneys, if this SU team was D2 now, they'd have a great shot at a D2 title this year. This SU team is the best college BB team to come out of the state of ND.

Look at Winona St. the past couple years...D2 champs! SU is in a league talent-wise above any of those Winona teams.

Winona St. beat the Gophers a couple years ago. Something SU did not do.

Those Winona St. teams were as good or better than SU.

Winona St. beat the Gophers a couple years ago. Something SU did not do.

Those Winona St. teams were as good or better than SU.

It was an exhibition game, Grand Valley beat Michigan State in an exhibition too ( I think the same year)

Kennesaw State won a DII title in men's hoops in 2004, yet finished this year 337 ( out of 343 teams) in RPI in DI

It is a different ballgame

Dave Vonesh's teams could play with this years SU's team. And Phil Jackson's teams in the 60's may be the best teams ever in the Dakotas. But we'll never know.

It was an exhibition game, Grand Valley beat Michigan State in an exhibition too ( I think the same year)

Kennesaw State won a DII title in men's hoops in 2004, yet finished this year 337 ( out of 343 teams) in RPI in DI

My point is that I think the top 2 or 3 teams in D2 could compete in the Summit. The Summit isn't the Big 10.

Dave Vonesh's teams could play with this years SU's team. And Phil Jackson's teams in the 60's may be the best teams ever in the Dakotas. But we'll never know.

Watched those teams while at UND and no they couldn't night in and night out. In a best of seven series, this SU team would win 4-1 or 4-2 over the Vonesh UND teams. Too young to have seen Phil's teams.

That's a horrible analogy: Kennesaw St would be hideous in DII now. They've lost all their talent since then and have gotten progressively worse.

Findlay (32-0) is the top-rated DII men's team this years and would have won or been competitive in a number of lower DI conferences - including the Summit. That said, a DII team has to be exceptionally good to crack the DI top 100 (Findlay this year, Winona State of a few years ago.) "Good" DII teams perform about where UND did this year (~300 out of 347).

Seattle and South Dakota were pretty decent teams last year in DII and, with almost the same players, are computer rated in the 50-60 percentile of DI schools.

Watched those teams while at UND and no they couldn't night in and night out. In a best of seven series, this SU team would win 4-1 or 4-2 over the Vonesh UND teams. Too young to have seen Phil's teams.

UND was in the College Division if the NCAA back in Phil's and Fitch's time. Most of the power teams in the former College Division are in DI now and have been for years. UND lost to Walt Frazier's Southern Illinois, which has since been to a number of Sweet Sixteens and at least one Elite Eight since. A large fraction of the today's mid-majors were formerly UND's peers in the College Division (much of the current Missouri Valley, Southern, Colonial, Sunbelt, Horizon, Big West, Big Sky as examples).

Phil Jackson would score 50 points against Lucas Moorman.