SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 Volleyball

UND Fan

Sioux are now 12-6 after sweeping the homestanding Texas teams 3-0 and 3-0. In pre-season polls, Houston Baptist was expected to be a stronger team than the Sioux. As it turns out, NJIT may be the strongest, as they beat Utah Valley this weekend. It would be a major accomplishment for the Sioux to get 20 wins, but doable.

Next year, wouldn't be surprised to see a UND vs NDSU match. At the Betty, such a match might be packed.

If UND keeps performing at a high level, it may be possible to host a 4-team invitational with Big 12 or Pac 10 type teams.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised nobody has posted yet that the women had a big win today against Utah Valley and now is alone in first in the conference. Seemed like a good sized crowd on hand as well.

Yeah, we were there and that was a helluva a game too! 5 games, back and forth throughout. UND is in the driver seat now. They gotta play New Jersey Tech once more on the road, but they handled them pretty easily in the Betty. I think they announced attendance at 575, great atmosphere in there yesterday. If Hardee and company can keep things building, UND could have a nice volleyball program.

Yeah, we were there and that was a helluva a game too! 5 games, back and forth throughout. UND is in the driver seat now. They gotta play New Jersey Tech once more on the road, but they handled them pretty easily in the Betty. I think they announced attendance at 575, great atmosphere in there yesterday. If Hardee and company can keep things building, UND could have a nice volleyball program.

Was that all? Seemed like more than that there.

I was there too, and I heard 500-something as attendance. Was a good crowd, but I expect to see more in the future, although there is only 1 more home game, on the 14th.

Remember, if you are a Club Member (Coaches and above?) you can get free admission to the games. Just bring your membership card to the ticket window. Come on out and show the VB women some support. They are so fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is it just my computer or does the link open a story about that poor damned cat glued to the road by vicious gopher fanatics?

It must be your computer. I get a story about Ms. Bitter resigning as volleyball coach in Bemidji to take on another role in the athletic department and her daughter transferring to UND to play volleyball. I got the same story a little while ago when I first read it. Does your computer have something against cats, or maybe gopher fanatics?

Is it just my computer or does the link open a story about that poor damned cat glued to the road by vicious gopher fanatics?

It's a problem with the software ForumComm uses. It happens every once in a while on the Forum and Herald websites. It seems to correct itself after a time, so just check back later. You can try clearing your browser's cache, but I don't know if that helps.

It's a problem with the software ForumComm uses. It happens every once in a while on the Forum and Herald websites. It seems to correct itself after a time, so just check back later. You can try clearing your browser's cache, but I don't know if that helps.

Thanks, but I prefer to believe my computer has something against goophers this week. :(