SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Recruit

gfhockey

I know Gene is at the CLass B and a girl named Shauna Long who plays for Standing Rock is only a sophomore I think and has 28 points in the 1st half out of her teams 41. I bet Geno has his eye on her haha...

that would be great to get a standing rock recruiit with the whole nickname situation.

I know Gene is at the CLass B and a girl named Shauna Long who plays for Standing Rock is only a sophomore I think and has 28 points in the 1st half out of her teams 41. I bet Geno has his eye on her haha...

that would be great to get a standing rock recruiit with the whole nickname situation.

By the time she gets to campus the nickname issue will be gone(hopfeully not the nickname itself) but she sounds like a helluva player, lets get her coming to UND!

I saw all the games yesterday, and no disrespect to Long from Standing Rock, because she is a superb player, who had an outstanding performance, but there is no player in the tournament that would be categorized as a d1 potential player-and I believe that includes her. It's nice to have the a B tournament in Grand Forks, I hope we do a good job putting it on.

But you know if I'm wrong, then that's great too. This is just what I saw.

There was more talk on the coach's show tonight about "the 6'5" forward from Devils Lake" (Kate Sharkova). Roebuck said he is pretty high on anyone from Lake Region and that they produce kids who can play. The way Roebuck and Tim & Swyg talked, she is the primary target for this last scholarship that they have left.

Sharkova finished the season averaging 15 points, 10 rebounds, and 3 blocks per game. She was named to the Mon-Dak All Conference 1st Team, and lead the Mon-Dak in rebounding and blocks, and was 3rd in scoring. She is from Belarus.

thanks for the update- I didn't have a chance to catch the show. Let's hope our players heal up as well. I would say our freshman who redshirted this year- will not be like typical freshman who come out of their redshirt season, because they never had a chance to practice and acclimate to the college game, (granted there always is still some adjusting, but at least they've had some work at this level) because they were recovering from injury, it just makes depth so very precarious, next season, in my view.

There was more talk on the coach's show tonight about "the 6'5" forward from Devils Lake" (Kate Sharkova). Roebuck said he is pretty high on anyone from Lake Region and that they produce kids who can play. The way Roebuck and Tim & Swyg talked, she is the primary target for this last scholarship that they have left.

Sharkova finished the season averaging 15 points, 10 rebounds, and 3 blocks per game. She was named to the Mon-Dak All Conference 1st Team, and lead the Mon-Dak in rebounding and blocks, and was 3rd in scoring. She is from Belarus.

Lets hope they can get a decent post to help out what should be a solid perimeter. On a side note....Devils Lake isn't in the Mon-Dak are they?

Lets hope they can get a decent post to help out what should be a solid perimeter. On a side note....Devils Lake isn't in the Mon-Dak are they?

LRSC is in the Mon-Dak conference. All the North Dakota juco's and Miles City and Dawson (Glendive) make up the Mon-Dak conference.

We have a recruit from Wisonsin coming in next year. What is she like as a player. What level of basketball does she play at in Wisconsin? Did her team make it to the state tournament?

Shyla Kuehl, from Hustisford, is 6'3" and was just named to the WS Division 4 All-State team. Her team lost in the semi's of the Regional and finished at 17-6. Five of those losses were by three points or less. Division 4 is the smallest school classification but she appearently is the real deal - lots of very positive press about her. She averaged 16 points and 12 rebounds despite double and triple coverage all year. She is also a talented soccer player so she must be a good athlete.

• 1 month later...
UND has received a verbal commitment from Josie Dillon, a 9th-grader ??? from Benilde-St. Margaret's--link

I hadn't given this too much thought but did a little research on Dillon this morning. We need to hope she doesn't change her mind - it looks like she can be a dandy: 5'11" freshman guard with a lot of skills already!