SiouxSports.com Forum

"Spring Thaw" Tournament

bincitysioux

I was trying to figure out what the Day 1 match-ups would likely be for the tournament this weekend. I assume they'll treat it like a conference tournment and "seed" the teams based on overall head to head play. That's tough for me to figure out on the women's side though.

Head To Head Records

North Dakota: 5-1

Seattle: 5-1

South Dakota: 1-5

Houston Baptist: 1-5

UND and Seattle's only losses came to each other. USD and HBU's only wins came to each other. I don't know if they would use some sort of tie-breaker scenario built in. I could see a scenario where they simply match up UND and USD on the first day to guarantee another match-up between the two actual rivals that are participating in the tourney.

I was trying to figure out what the Day 1 match-ups would likely be for the tournament this weekend. I assume they'll treat it like a conference tournment and "seed" the teams based on overall head to head play. That's tough for me to figure out on the women's side though.

Head To Head Records

North Dakota: 5-1

Seattle: 5-1

South Dakota: 1-5

Houston Baptist: 1-5

UND and Seattle's only losses came to each other. USD and HBU's only wins came to each other. I don't know if they would use some sort of tie-breaker scenario built in. I could see a scenario where they simply match up UND and USD on the first day to guarantee another match-up between the two actual rivals that are participating in the tourney.

I suspect they'll use score differential to break the ties between UND-Seattle, and USD-Houston Baptist, thereby resulting in:

1-UND

vs.

4-Houston Baptist

and

2-Seattle

vs.

3-USD