SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CC

AZSIOUX

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

solid game overall. BE had some huge saves. take the point and cheer on scsu tonight

go sioux

get the 2 points tomorrow!!!

side note - the only 2 games this year where we scored 3 or more goals we didnt win was at cc in a loss earlier this season and this game at home in a tie

GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

go scsu !!

Tomorrow afternoon someone has got to be Rau's shadow.

Or the entire top CC line. Walsky and Rau both looked good. As did Sweatt. If you shutdown those three players, I believe the Sioux can get the 2 points tomorrow.

Easier said than done...

CC looked really good today.

Their PP was VERY solid.

Our PK was shoddy.

Our PP was scary.... BAD. I was about ready to start yelling "Shoot!" every 3 seconds when TH said "The Sioux enter the CC zone." Seriously... shoot the puck. Cycling is ok as long as it leads to a shot. We were cycling so much that CC basically allowed it to become a 9 man on the ice PK unit.

BE was good. He didn't give up much for the goals that were allowed.

I just wished we played as well with the lead as we did with the game tied or when we were down a goal.

Hextall did great. I was really impressed with Malone too. Didn't score, but was certainly all over the ice.

Genoway pulled a Hextall at one point. Good for him. ???

Not too happy with only 1 point but relieved that we didn't lose.

FSSN in Sioux Falls cut away to Coyote womens basketball - started a minute after Sioux OT

--- Good timing (but I'll miss postgame comments).

Hope the online feeds work better for everyone tomorrow!!!

It was on long enough for FSSN to show this couple of mid twenty kids together after the game. No, they weren't a "couple".....they were sister and brother. I ought to know...I'm their dad.

Was a fun game to be at. CC is good or I should say their top line is good. IF UND played the first 30+ like they did the last half of the game, they'd have walked away with 2 points. Thought with about 5 minutes left in the second, UND kicked it in. They dominated almost all the 3rd and CC was just hanging on in the OT.

E made some sick saves, but agree the semi wrap around by Rau was not a good goal to give up at that time of the game.

VV looked sluggish...guy next to me said VV was ill?

Totally suprised to see Trupp play...he looked pretty good.

Agree our PP and PK didn't look real good.

Good overall team effort though. I think UND figures out how to slow down Rau and company tomorrow.

Was a fun game to be at. CC is good or I should say their top line is good. IF UND played the first 30+ like they did the last half of the game, they'd have walked away with 2 points. Thought with about 5 minutes left in the second, UND kicked it in. They dominated almost all the 3rd and CC was just hanging on in the OT.

E made some sick saves, but agree the semi wrap around by Rau was not a good goal to give up at that time of the game.

VV looked sluggish...guy next to me said VV was ill?

Totally suprised to see Trupp play...he looked pretty good.

Agree our PP and PK didn't look real good.

Good overall team effort though. I think UND figures out how to slow down Rau and company tomorrow.

I agree. I think if we can shut down Rau's line we can take them out. I don't see much secondary scoring. If we would have done a better job defending that line, we may have had a better outcome to the game. Hopefully the boys will come out flying tomorrow!

solid game overall. BE had some huge saves. take the point and cheer on scsu tonight

go sioux

get the 2 points tomorrow!!!

side note - the only 2 games this year where we scored 3 or more goals we didnt win was at cc in a loss earlier this season and this game at home in a tie

GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

go scsu !!

Our blueline had a rough game Sat. Joe needs to be our best D and he wasn't by a long shot. Rau's goal was all on Joe (not the goalie - note to the Ralph staff - he was the player of the game). Too many turnovers and too many gambles.

With CC's speed, fundamental hockey is a must (pucks to the net, finish checks all over the ice). Trying to be too fancy/ one-on-one won't work against this team. When we forechecked hard and physical, the puck stayed in their end. We need 60 min of that on Sun.