SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CC

AZSIOUX

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just about to head up with the 3 girls, 8, 7, and 3! ??? Hope it goes well as does the game. CC is not a real good match up. They've got great speed and good goaltending. I'll say this goes the way of a tie: 3-3 with Duncan, Malone and Marto scoring...but I wouldn't mind a Genoway OT goal to win it!!

Just about to head up with the 3 girls, 8, 7, and 3! ??? Hope it goes well as does the game. CC is not a real good match up. They've got great speed and good goaltending. I'll say this goes the way of a tie: 3-3 with Duncan, Malone and Marto scoring...but I wouldn't mind a Genoway OT goal to win it!!

So correct me if I'm wrong here: The defensive trapping teams (Michigan Tech, Anchorage) are not good matches for us and neither are the fast skating teams? What is a good match for us? Nobody? :huh: I would rather play teams that like to skate and get up and down the ice. As for the goaltending, we will have to beat good goaltending in the playoffs to win anything. And we've chased some goalies at home this season (Kangas, Cheverie), so I hope Mr. Bachman is ready.

So correct me if I'm wrong here: The defensive trapping teams (Michigan Tech, Anchorage) are not good matches for us and neither are the fast skating teams? What is a good match for us? Nobody? ??? I would rather play teams that like to skate and get up and down the ice. As for the goaltending, we will have to beat good goaltending in the playoffs to win anything. And we've chased some goalies at home this season (Kangas, Cheverie), so I hope Mr. Bachman is ready.

The only thing I worry about today is that CC is playing good hockey as of late, but as you noted, you have to play good hockey teams to get any hardware, so you might as well start testing yourself. March is upon us (okay, it's the last day of February, but close enough), and it's time to get your game to the highest level, and the only way to do that is to play good hockey teams. I expect this weekend to provide us with some entertaining hockey, and I'm sure Hak will have our squad ready to play some hockey. CC likes to play more open hockey like we do, so that should compliment our game, rather than the trap teams.

per brad

Lineup notes: Evan Trupp is in, but not in his normal spot on the second line. Brad Malone is up there and Trupp is on the wing on the fourth line.

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--16 Ryan Duncan--26 Brett Hextall

22 Brad Malone--29 Chris VandeVelde--21 Matt Frattin

20 Matt Watkins--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

19 Evan Trupp--9 Mario Lamoureux--10 Andrew Kozek

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

24 Ben Blood--14 Brad Miller

31 Brad Eidsness

30 Aaron Walski

Colorado College's lines

2 Cody Lampl--14 Chad Rau--22 Eric Walsky

21 Bill Sweatt--19 Andreas Vlassopoulos--25 Mike Testwuide

26 Scott McCulloch--17 Tyler Johnson--9 Brian McMillin

28 Stephen Schultz--18 Matt Overman--16 David Civitarese

15 Nate Prosser--4 Jake Gannon

11 Brian Connelly--24 Ryan Lowery

10 Gabe Guentzel--7 Kris Fredheim

30 Richard Bachman

1 Tyler O'Brien

per brad

Lineup notes: Evan Trupp is in, but not in his normal spot on the second line. Brad Malone is up there and Trupp is on the wing on the fourth line.

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--16 Ryan Duncan--26 Brett Hextall

22 Brad Malone--29 Chris VandeVelde--21 Matt Frattin

20 Matt Watkins--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

19 Evan Trupp--9 Mario Lamoureux--10 Andrew Kozek

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

24 Ben Blood--14 Brad Miller

31 Brad Eidsness

30 Aaron Walski

Colorado College's lines

2 Cody Lampl--14 Chad Rau--22 Eric Walsky