SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Coordinates for this weekend??

CRC

It actually may not be so easy to catch the games in the Twin Cities:

Gophers hockey fans might have to be at Mariucci Arena on Friday night if they want to see the team's opening game of the WCHA playoffs against North Dakota.

The Gophers-Sioux matchup, which will be seen on tape-delay on Fox Sports Net after the Wild-Stars game, also might not be broadcast live on radio.

If the Gophers men's basketball team wins its opening-round game in the Big Ten tournament Thursday, then WCCO (830 AM) will carry the Gophers-Illinois matchup at 8 p.m. Friday. That would shift the Wild-Stars game to WCCO's sister-station, KCCO (950 AM), and bump the Gophers-Sioux game out of the mix.

It's likely KCCO would air the Gophers hockey game after the Wild on tape delay.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/1908444.html

I'm actually going to Steamboat for the weekend and was assuming that the games would be on a satellite for transmission up to ND.  If that is true and if someone could provide me with the satellite coordinates that knowledge would probably increase my odds of talking someone into putting the games on a TV at a bar.  

THanks again

Well, the UND Alumni site simply states:

This weekend's hockey games will be available on Fox Sports Net-North or on Direct TV Channel 641.

Makes it seem like there won't be a regular satellite transmission (they usually give the coordinates if there is).

Exclusive broadcast rights to The University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Athletics belong to Clear Channel North Dakota for the rest of this season and for the next two (and for an option of two additional years beyond that). Put another way this is year one of a three year CCND/UND deal. The deal has an option for two additional years at the end.

Clear Channel North Dakota Stations of the Fighting Sioux Hockey Radio Network:

KFGO 790 AM Fargo

KFYR 550 AM Bismarck

96.1 FM Grand Forks

I believe CCND stations in Minot and Dickinson are also carrying it.

I'm pretty sure there's a station in NW Minnesota also and they are probably selling broadcast rights to other stations. But hey, if you're in ND and can't get KFYR ... you don't have a radio.

The contract (from what I've been told) says that KFYR has to run The Fighting Sioux Hockey Radio Network and anything else has to go on Y-93 (KYYY-FM in Bismarck). If you don't hear The Fighting Sioux Hockey Radio Network on KFYR this weekend I'd post it here and let Roger Thomas know also.