SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DENVER

AZSIOUX

322und4.jpg

Another solid weekend for the Sioux overall getting 3 points in Houghton. That 4th point would have been nice but it didnt fall that way. The Sioux are 9-2-1 in their last 12 games since the first series in December. 5-0-1 in their last 6 games as well. DU comes into this series off a bye week. The previous week they swept Michigan Tech in Denver. The Sioux trail Denver by 3 points in the WCHA standings for first place. GO SIOUXXXXX

LAST SEASON - Sioux split at Denver and swept DU in Grand Forks. Also lost to DU in Final 5 Semi final. So 3-2 overall

WCHA STANDINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 14-10-2

WCHA: 9-5-2, 20 points

Home: 8-3-0

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a right to have a better record than we do right now...They've only played 7 road games(out of 23) the whole year so far!

Now comes the meat of their schedule starting with the games next weekend. Can't wait to see it all shake out in a couple months.

I like our chances of a sweep considering they took 4 points from Mich Tech and we took 3 one week prior to us. Also the Clowns from St. Cloud were able to sweep these guys in mid Nov. gives me confidence we can come out on top. We'll have to play tough no doubt but I think we're on the second half surge. Would be great to see us in first place in this league considering where we've been earlier.

The top 5 in the WCHA is really tight now, only separated by 3 points. UW and CC have both played two more games than DU, UMN, and UND.

This upcoming series against DU could really position UND well in the WCHA race if they can get 3 or 4 points.

DU is good but they are not world beaters. Also, I think 3 of 4 is appropriate.

DU is not the same team minus Bozak.

If the Sioux split would they stay the same in Pairwise, or still rise because Denver is ahead of us?

There's no point in worrying about the PWR right now. With hundreds of games left, it will change dramatically before it's all over. It's better to win than not, and eventually that all shakes out in the PWR.

To answer your question, you would expect it to be positive for the Sioux to split with Denver. But if Canisius lost to Holy Angels or a butterfly flapped its wings in Mongolia, it might affect the PWR the other way. It's just so hard to say.

I HIGHLY doubt we'll chase Cheverie.

Minnesota has offensive capabilities this year that has, overall, been very good despite their ineptitude against us.

DU hasn't the offense necessarily that Minny has, but they have twice the defense....well, if Minny showed they had defense against us, then I'd say twice the defense.

This series is HUGE and by no means will it be easy.

On the other hand, I thought we'd struggle against Minnesota and it worked out.

Who knows. All I do know is that this is not a series that we can expect blowouts. I personally am not expecting a blowout either way.

This is not an easy sweep.

Just an FYI: IIRC UND heavily recruited Cheverie and the netminder at Northeastern I can't remember his name.

There's no point in worrying about the PWR right now. With hundreds of games left, it will change dramatically before it's all over. It's better to win than not, and eventually that all shakes out in the PWR.

To answer your question, you would expect it to be positive for the Sioux to split with Denver. But if Canisius lost to Holy Angels or a butterfly flapped its wings in Mongolia, it might affect the PWR the other way. It's just so hard to say.

I think that is a good post because PWR changes with each game. It is looking better all of the time. 10-2-1 since December.

I HIGHLY doubt we'll chase Cheverie.

Minnesota has offensive capabilities this year that has, overall, been very good despite their ineptitude against us.

DU hasn't the offense necessarily that Minny has, but they have twice the defense....well, if Minny showed they had defense against us, then I'd say twice the defense.

This series is HUGE and by no means will it be easy.

On the other hand, I thought we'd struggle against Minnesota and it worked out.

Who knows. All I do know is that this is not a series that we can expect blowouts. I personally am not expecting a blowout either way.

This is not an easy sweep.

Just an FYI: IIRC UND heavily recruited Cheverie and the netminder at Northeastern I can't remember his name.

Just to clarify... I never thought this would be an easy series, and I'm aware that Cheverie is having a good season and that we recruited him. I just choose to remain in my "bubble of positivity" ;) I actually disagree that Minny has better offense than DU. I don't see much offense out of Minny past that top line. I think we'll match up pretty well against DU and I think it will be a hard fought series and hopefully we can get the job done. we shall see!

p.s-- redwing, the northeastern netminder's name is Brad Thiessen. just so you know! :lol:

Just to clarify... I never thought this would be an easy series, and I'm aware that Cheverie is having a good season and that we recruited him. I just choose to remain in my "bubble of positivity" ;) I actually disagree that Minny has better offense than DU. I don't see much offense out of Minny past that top line. I think we'll match up pretty well against DU and I think it will be a hard fought series and hopefully we can get the job done. we shall see!

p.s-- redwing, the northeastern netminder's name is Brad Thiessen. just so you know! :lol:

Minny with 7 goals tonight plus an empty netter against the Clowns...I just hope we can get Gwoz-dicky to do his dasher-dance. :)

Minny with 7 goals tonight plus an empty netter against the Clowns...I just hope we can get Gwoz-dicky to do his dasher-dance. :lol:

Clowns are terrible. Terrible. My cousin went to their game against wisco, and he's completely unbiased as he doesn't go to either school and he even saw how terrible they are. No wonder Minny got all those goals. ;) Those thoughts aside, I'm excited for the DU series. Hopefully it goes in our favor.

Clowns are terrible. Terrible. My cousin went to their game against wisco, and he's completely unbiased as he doesn't go to either school and he even saw how terrible they are. No wonder Minny got all those goals. ;) Those thoughts aside, I'm excited for the DU series. Hopefully it goes in our favor.

Did anyone see at the end of the 2nd period? The St Clown fans were batting around a beach ball and it went out on the ice...damned thing beat Kangas glove side upper shelf... :lol: