SiouxSports.com Forum

PREDICT THE OUTCOME.

Goon

30 members have voted

1. 1. PREDICT THE OUTCOME.

• Gophers in a route (Sioux have no chance)
    • Sioux take two from Gophers
    • Gophers win series 2-1
    • Sioux win series 2-1
    • UND can't win because Santa and Handy say so

Oh well, nothing really seems more exciting than this match up, Sioux put themselves in a hole and could be two games and out. I really don't care what the outcome is, if UND put up a series effort. I would love to see Frank Mazacco choke on his microphone though...

I know that UofM would rather play Duluth, MTU, UAA, MSU some one else. Although I think UND might not have a chance with Blais at the helm anything is possible. I am sure Scott_M and some of the other Siouxfans living in MPLS area would love to have this to shut their co-workers up.

Tim Hennesay said Blaiser will pit the World against the Sioux. Also, look for UofM to get all the breaks because the league wants UofM to be at the final five.

I'm not ready for the season to be over.  Yeah, I'm an optimist and it has been a frustrating year but it has been nice to see how the team has gotten better over the course of the year.  Now, if we can get solid consistent goaltending in the future we will be a force.

That said, is this weekend too early for someone to get a little hot, like Siembida did in early Jan?

We will doubtful make the NCAA's but if we could manage to make the Final Five, just to show, that would be one heck of a way to end this season.

I predict Andy plays on Friday night unless Blais thinks Siembida's magic from the last series there will continue.  Kollar Friday and Siembida on Sat.

I agree Andy will probably get Friday's game & if he has shaken the doubts & has an outstanding night he gets to run out the season.

Experince in the big games counts & Andy has that. Blais will probably only run 3 lines, the usual first 2 & any of the freshmen that are ready to play.

Go get the Goofs.

Even though Sat night was the only game I made this year, it was a bit sad to hear the end of the game announcement of, "thanks, see you next year", especially without the NCAA's to look forward to.

If the Sioux can play that tight man on man D they played Sat, they'll have a good chance against the Goofs. PK was good also, a necessity against MN.

Team looked sharp, I think they are ready to make a series of it. McMahon is going to be a great Sioux player (my only prediction). This can be a very solid team (and they were on Saturday). I'd expect good things next year.

Even though Sat night was the only game I made this year, it was a bit sad to hear the end of the game announcement of, "thanks, see you next year", especially without the NCAA's to look forward to.

If the Sioux can play that tight man on man D they played Sat, they'll have a good chance against the Goofs. PK was good also, a necessity against MN.

Team looked sharp, I think they are ready to make a series of it. McMahon is going to be a great Sioux player (my only prediction). This can be a very solid team (and they were on Saturday). I'd expect good things next year.

Too bad it took this long for UND to start clicking on Defense. The young guns on D were pounding the Denver players all weekend.

:(  ;)  :)  ;)  :)  ;)

I just hope can play like that this weekend. Andy Schnider is one tough SOB. Fuher looked great.

Actually, not before the Sat game, got there too late and the crowd in the halls was huge.

Championship was played there Sunday, however, so wandered around with the place virtually empty. Very nice doing it that way. Great photos. Nice seeing the GLI trophy right up front (missed it Sat night).

So this is the Sioux board eh...too muchgreen for me ;)

Whatis with Hennesey whining that there is some conspiracy...sounds like UMD fans from USCHO.

I predict Gopher's Sweep but 2 close games.  NExt yearSioux are going to rock :)

GO GOPHERS!!!

So this is the Sioux board eh...too muchgreen for me :)

Whatis with Hennesey whining that there is some conspiracy...sounds like UMD fans from USCHO.

I predict Gopher's Sweep but 2 close games.

Was listening to the two Tims on the car radio on my way to the motel from the game Sat. night. Seems that most of the discussion centered on Sheppard inserting himself as the referee in the Wisco/MDU series last weekend, and somehow that showed that the league wanted to make sure Wisco

Aside from the obvious (goaltending), I think two things the Sioux need to have happen to succeed this weekend are:  

Get Bochenski going.  I might be wrong, but I think he has no goals and maybe even no points in five games against MN this year.  This should be an opponent and place that brings out his best.  The Sioux need it to win.

Spiewak, Notermann and Lundbohm need to finish some chances.  Spiewak especially has a history of finishing in the postseason, and the time is now.  I have a feeling the Gophers will be putting a few more in the net than in January so the Sioux will need to have the offense going also.  Say, maybe, three goals in two Sioux wins for this line would be about right.

Different topic:  Why does Brandt get into Blais's doghouse so easily?  I don't think he is the savior as he and Siembida seem to be a "pick 'em" right now, but I'm surprised he hasn't seen the ice a little more, since everyone else has been less than spectacular.

If handy talks as much at games as he posts on boards he and everyone near him must miss most of every game.

Do you get any work done between perusing and posting on boards, handy?

Wow thanks guys...I feel special to know you all think I will be #1 so quickly!!  I doubt I am #1 on the Gopher Board...although maybe I am now :(

I dont talk much at games cause JF_Gophers is an idiot and Mike is too busy screaming bad things about refs and the opposing coaches ;)

If Sheppard does this weekends games, I might just cry...he stinks!!  I want to have (I cant believe I am aboot to say this) Goddard.  He was really good the last time we had him...well for HIS standards I should say.

Is it Friday yet...I got a hankering to get in a fight again with some protestors :)

I have to agree.  Whining that the fix is in before the game even begins is a little weak.  To me it looks a lot like he's just preparing to lose, but putting his excuses in place.

In any game, if you go in on a witchhunt for bad officiating you can usually find something to complain about (in either direction).

I was wondering about Brandt too.  I didn't think he played all that bad in the Sat. night game against Michigan Tech when he got pulled during the 2nd intermission.  I know Blais said it was a wake up call for the rest of the team, but I still thought it seemed strange.  He does seem to be in the doghouse a lot.  :)

Handy, for about the first time this season I am not able to access tickets for Mariucci for this series.  I have a round of drinking scheduled for later tonight, we'll probably watch the tape-delay provided Fox doesn't screw it up.

Are you going to be around for the Frozen Four?

BTW:  Welcome to the board.  :)