SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Texas A&M

The Walrus

76-62....AM 24 points off UND turovers....outrebounded UND almost 2 to 1.....UND had more effort.....need to make layups

Got it to 8 point lead with 2 minutes to play, just not enough

Great Game Plan, UND ran it's Offense, and Boys played hard.......That is all you can ask for now...Great Game

Nice Job.....GO SIOUX

Very impressive performance by the men. They looked like a completely different team than I've watched lately. If they hadn't missed quite a few bunnies the score really might have been interesting. The bottom line is they were within 8 points in the last 2 minutes against a very good team on the road. Super!!!!!!!! Texas A@M could very well be ranked in the top 25 shortly.

Aggie men beat North Dakota in final tuneup

"That's hard for us [defending the Princeton offense], and then they started playing five guards which made it harder," Turgeon said. "I tried to keep our conventional lineups in there and play a certain way so we can get better but it wasn't a great game for us, probably wasn't a smart schedule."

This years mens bb team is a great example of a team playing up or down to the level of your opponent. It made me think back to a game I played in against the GF Airbase team in city league. The base team was alot better than we were. We played hard and beat that base team. My father at that time worked on base and brought home the base newspaper. In base paper there coach was asked about that loss to us. He said we got beat by a team that wasn't that good. Hard work can win you some games.

For years I would go the Hyslop to play noon basketball. On the wall in the practice gym there is a copy of John Woodens pyramid of success. A timeless guide for not only sports but life. All coaches should have a copy of this. On Woodens web site you'll find a copy of it.

http://www.coachwooden.com/

Just watched the end of the Texas A & M and Baylor basketball game on ESPNII. Texas A & M beat #21 ranked Baylor by 11. It was an 8 point ball game with just over one minute left. That was the same score differential as when the Sioux played them last week. It really is rather strange that we gave A & M a good game and #21 Baylor lost to them by all most identical scores as our game. We beat Missouri Kansas City too. How is it we have struggled with the North Dakota colleges? I don't know whether to be happy or disappointed.