SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

joefinley2.jpg.w300h373.jpg

Here we go again for the only meeting between these teams this season in the regular season The best rivalry in college hockey heats up again in Grand Forks this coming weekend. The Sioux come into this rivalry series sweeping Bemidji State in a home and home winning Friday in Bemidji and Saturday in Grand Forks. The Gophers come into this series winning their holiday tourney beating Brown 6-2 on Friday and Northeastern on Saturday. The Gophers get their 3 players back from the disaster that was USA WJT team so they will be at full strength for this battle. I can't wait to get to Grand Forks my yearly series and lets LETS WHITE OUT THE RALPH SIOUX FANS and GO SIOUX

LAST SEASON - Sioux were 2-1-1 overall splitting in Grand Forks and winning on Trupps diving goal Friday in Minneapolis and a tie on Saturday

WCHA STANDINGS

SIOUX / GOPHER PAST MOMENTS - Mostly pro Sioux :D

TRUPPS #1 PLAY GOAL

MCMAHON vs VANELLI FIGHT WHEN SIOUX WERE GETTING WOOPED

ROBBIE BINA 180 FOOT GOAL

PORTERS GAME WINNING GOAL AT WEST REGIONALS

und.gif

Overall Record: 11-10-1

WCHA: 6-5-1, 13 points

Home: 6-3-0

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think anything can top a Minnesota-Wisconsin rivalry, at least on the western side of the college hockey hemisphere. I will give it second best though. :D

to me it is ;) sorry bud but ill disagree with you on that and im sure some players would as well on the gophs side. now overall sports.... yes i agree on those 2 but ill stick with my theory with these 2 hockey teams, enough on that :D its all good though ;)

someone please post the toilet flushing link :D

WHITE OUT THE RALPH SIOUX FANS like captain DUNCAN SAYS

GO SIOUX

I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think anything can top a Minnesota-Wisconsin rivalry, at least on the western side of the college hockey hemisphere. I will give it second best though. :D

Most Gopher hockey fans I know say that wisconsin is a big rivalry, but they get way more satisfaction from beating North Dakota

They've been doing little interviews with the Gopher players between periods, one per game or so. Every one I've seen (including Barriball tonight), when asked what team do they enjoy playing the most, said North Dakota. Although the Badgers are by far our biggest rival in other sports, the Sioux have to be our biggest rival in hockey.

As for the Gophers play right now, very impressive weekend. The 2 shots that beat Kangas tonight were tough shots, no problems there. The team played really well and pulled through when it counted the most. Unlike last year, this team dominates 3rd periods, doesn't come out and fold. Barriball has looked great in these last 2 games back, looks totally healthy along with Carman.

Schroeder/Stoa/Barriball is going to be the key to these games. If you guys control them and make other people do the scoring, 3 or 4 points for the Sioux isn't out of the question I don't think. If those guys are on the ice a lot on the PP or you let them work the puck around a lot, they're going to light up the scoreboard.

Going to be great having everyone healthy for both squads (I think?), no excuses!!

My predictions:

Friday

MINNESOTA 4

NORTH DAKOTA 1

Saturday

MINNESOTA 5

NORTH DAKOTA 4

WHITE OUT THE RALPH SIOUX FANS like captain DUNCAN SAYS

It was announced at the end of the game that the Sioux Shop is temporarily SOLD OUT of the White Out Tees.

so wear a white shirt or sweatshirt or jersey from your closet if you dont get that shirt :D those shirts arent needed to make a whiteout but at least they help overall for some and a great idea as gopher fans will buy them but just not wear them to the game. nice shirts and good marketing

go sioux

They've been doing little interviews with the Gopher players between periods, one per game or so. Every one I've seen (including Barriball tonight), when asked what team do they enjoy playing the most, said North Dakota. Although the Badgers are by far our biggest rival in other sports, the Sioux have to be our biggest rival in hockey.

As for the Gophers play right now, very impressive weekend. The 2 shots that beat Kangas tonight were tough shots, no problems there. The team played really well and pulled through when it counted the most. Unlike last year, this team dominates 3rd periods, doesn't come out and fold. Barriball has looked great in these last 2 games back, looks totally healthy along with Carman.

Schroeder/Stoa/Barriball is going to be the key to these games. If you guys control them and make other people do the scoring, 3 or 4 points for the Sioux isn't out of the question I don't think. If those guys are on the ice a lot on the PP or you let them work the puck around a lot, they're going to light up the scoreboard.

Going to be great having everyone healthy for both squads (I think?), no excuses!!

My predictions:

Friday

MINNESOTA 4

NORTH DAKOTA 1

Saturday

MINNESOTA 5

NORTH DAKOTA 4

sioux sweep :D

so wear a white shirt or sweatshirt or jersey from your closet if you dont get that shirt :D those shirts arent needed to make a whiteout but at least they help overall for some and a great idea as gopher fans will buy them but just not wear them to the game. nice shirts and good marketing

go sioux

Don't worry about me, I have the shirt already and the Sioux Shop will be restocked with them on Monday for the stragglers. True enough, you can wear anything white for the white out.

P.S. H8 Go4s