SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux bring it to Mariucci!

dagies

I hope Canady and Bochenski can keep it to a minimum.  Just be the instigators, then walk away and let the other guy get the penalty! :)  You know this series has the potential to be very physical, so as long as they can keep their tempers in check, hopefully they can get the Gopher penalty killers tired right away.

From the Herald:

"I have a good feeling," coach Dean Blais said. "I think our guys are ready. Just watching our team practice this week, I can feel the intensity they have. They're prepared, physically and mentally, to play."

I will be very disappointed if UND loses, because losing always stinks, regardless of the circumstances.  I just hope they play well.  The team has had its low moments this year, but they have not quit despite being given numerous chances to do so.  After every tough loss, they have come to play the next night.  Hopefully this character shows itself with a great effort, and maybe some wins, this weekend.

Knocking the #1 team in the country out of the top ranking should give the Sioux a real boost this weekend. Predict 3 games,  Fri-Sioux 4-2, Sat-Goofs 3-1,ENG, Sun- Sioux 5-2.

On to the next round,working their way through the top teams

Go get the goofs!!

Game day.  All things considered, this is the Gophers' year -  great season, star upperclassmen, depth.  But they still have to play the games, and win them.  For instance, going into the 2000 title game, all signs pointed to BC.  They had been there the preceding two years, had three Hobey finalists and were going to fulfill their destiny.  But they still had to play the game, and couldn't get it done.

The Gophers are supposed to win this weekend.  Hopefully the Sioux veterans can lead the way in stopping this automatic event from happening.

UND got good goaltending last time they were in Minnie.  Somehow, the Sioux have to hold down the shots on goal UM generates this time.

I would guess the only way to do that is with tenacious forechecking and backchecking, while staying out of the penalty box (clean hits).  It won't be easy, but if Skarperud, Bayda, Bochenski & :) come through with some goals, UND has a shot at a win or two.

To bring up a topic from earlier this week, but about two pages ago (hey, this thread is moving fast)...

I have never been a hockey referee, although I have experience in some other sports, so I feel I can contribute reasonably correct info on the officiating mechanics in our goal/no-goal scenario from last weekend.

I was able to find applicable text in the ice hockey rules:

"The goal judge should signal the referee when the puck enters the goal cage.