SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

GO USA

i think more rosters will be coming out soon

different style team for USA from reading some articles. more of a balanced team instead of all big time talents. should be interseting to see how USA does. canada will be well stacked again. wonder what the reasons are for fowler and morin to being left off the usa team

Congrats Danny Kristo on making the team

thanks to brad for the roster

Kristo is the only high school student on the roster.

The full roster, with WCHA players in bold:

Goalies (2)

30 Thomas McCollum, Guelph (OHL)

1 Josh Unice, Kitchener (OHL)

Defensemen (7)

24 Jonathon Blum, Vancouver (WHL)

28 Ian Cole, Notre Dame

4 Cade Fairchild, Minnesota

20 Blake Kessel, New Hampshire

17 Ryan McDonagh, Wisconsin

5 Teddy Ruth, Notre Dame

8 Kevin Shattenkirk, Boston University

Forwards (13)

27 Drayson Bowman, Spokane (WHL)

12 Jimmy Hayes, Boston College

11 Mike Hoeffel, Minnesota

10 Tyler Johnson, Spokane (WHL)

18 Danny Kristo, UND recruit

15 Jim O'Brien, Seattle (WHL) and former Gopher

9 Matt Rust, Michigan

19 Jordan Schroeder, Minnesota

22 Eric Tangradi, Belleville (OHL)

21 James vanRiemsdyk, New Hampshire

14 Mitch Wahl, Spokane (WHL)

33 Colin Wilson, Boston University

USHL wjt article mentioning kristo

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an interesting dynamic.

I'm interested in seeing how good this McCallum guy is. His back up is one of two players to commit to an NCAA program and bolt for MJ. I think Unice committed to Bowling Green or something ridiculous like that. The other was mentioned by AZ.

Also interesting is that there is only one MJ player on Team USA's Defense.

I'm happy that Kristo made the team.

canada camp roster

canada camp roster

4 ncaa players with a chance, 3 wcha

what doesnt team usa do a camp like this instead of just placing a team together? take a note from a team that wins gold after gold and puts together a TEAM

The USA has their camp in August, not to conflict with the NCAA season.

Hockey Canada and the CHL work together so a Dec camp for Canada is OK.

I think there are more politics involved selecting the USA team vs. Canada. I don't think Pat Quinn is going to listen to any Hockey Canada "bureaucrat

The USA has their camp in August, not to conflict with the NCAA season.

Hockey Canada and the CHL work together so a Dec camp for Canada is OK.

I think there are more politics involved selecting the USA team vs. Canada. I don't think Pat Quinn is going to listen to any Hockey Canada "bureaucrat

Canada keeps winning but the margins seem to be getting smaller again. Couldn't get much closer than the Toews/Frazee game and last year Sweden seemed to be the better team for much of the game.

A US victory over Canada in the Final would make my season as a hockey fan. Heck maybe even in the semis.

Unfortunately it will likely come down to defense and goaltending and the US boys will come up short.

For once can we at least beat the Russians.

Canada keeps winning but the margins seem to be getting smaller again. Couldn't get much closer than the Toews/Frazee game and last year Sweden seemed to be the better team for much of the game.

A US victory over Canada in the Final would make my season as a hockey fan. Heck maybe even in the semis.

Unfortunately it will likely come down to defense and goaltending and the US boys will come up short.

For once can we at least beat the Russians.

Toews/Frazee was from two years ago. There was nothing close about last years tournament, a 4-1 win by Canada in Pardubice

Canada's arrogance and holier-than-thou attitude will be their undoing someday, just like it was for Team USA Basketball in the Olympics until this year. Other countries like Russia, Sweden and Finland will continue to work on building their hockey programs (I won't put the United States into that group until they stop being political about their personnel decisions). The day is coming when Canada will have to settle for silver more than they are prepared to accept. Last year for instance, Canada lost both the Men's and Women's U-18 IIHF tournament finals. I don't think that ever used to happen. Don Cherry can run his mouth all he wants that those losses don't matter, but they do in a country that doesn't have much else to hang their hat on (except for some good rock bands).

In closing, GO TEAM U.S.A.!!! :silly:

Canada can be arrogant when it comes to the WJC, at least against USA. They've owned us for as long as I can remember. We only won recently thanks to a fluke by MA Fleury.

Sure, their arrogance is aggravating, but they have backed up their arrogance. It's not like UMich's arrogance for a while. They haven't won anything in hockey since what.. 1998? Minnesota prior to their repeat DI championships is another example of arrogance without anything to back it up.

Sure, their arrogance is aggravating, but they have backed up their arrogance. It's not like UMich's arrogance for a while. They haven't won anything in hockey since what.. 1998? Minnesota prior to their repeat DI championships is another example of arrogance without anything to back it up.

And here I thought you'd mention the UND arrogance since the new Ralph opened.... :silly:

I truly don't mind anyones arrogance. How Canada hockey fans consistantly cheer for Russia against the US is beyond me. As much as I'm jealous of Canada's hockey success, I wouldn't stoop to rooting for Russia to beat them.

Toews/Frazee was from two years ago. There was nothing close about last years tournament, a 4-1 win by Canada in Pardubice

I was refering to the Canada/Sweden final. Canada schooled the US last year and you could see it coming as soon as they lost their pool game and got in the US bracket.

And here I thought you'd mention the UND arrogance since the new Ralph opened.... :D

I truly don't mind anyones arrogance. How Canada hockey fans consistantly cheer for Russia against the US is beyond me. As much as I'm jealous of Canada's hockey success, I wouldn't stoop to rooting for Russia to beat them.

The reason they cheer for Russia is because Canada is jealous of the U.S. Aside from hockey, the U.S. is better than Canada at everything, and the Canadian economy is highly revolvant around the U.S. economy. Hence the term, America 2 ???

I was refering to the Canada/Sweden final. Canada schooled the US last year and you could see it coming as soon as they lost their pool game and got in the US bracket.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

I don't want to see us pitted up against Canada with full knowledge that, even if we play good, we're still going to lose. Last year we played so poorly that I wondered how we even qualified to begin with.

I love it when Minnesotans get on this site and start debate and bashing of Team Canada and Canadian Hockey players. There is nothing that makes me happier than getting under the skin of the truly arrogant ones. :D

As a friendly piece of advice, if I lived in Minnesota I would be much more worried about another state to the east of you than Canada. From where I am sitting, it sure looks like the current State of Hockey is Michigan. Have a nice week. ???

Canada can be arrogant when it comes to the WJC, at least against USA. They've owned us for as long as I can remember. We only won recently thanks to a fluke by MA Fleury.

My point is that arrogance usually comes back to bite you in the arse later on. What goes around comes around. Even if our men's hockey team is winning and winning big, I work to hold my ego in check because I know what it's like to be on the flip side of the coin and it's not fun to be on that side.

Arrogance isn't right just because you can back it up. And I love it when arrogance is paid back with a big slice of humble pie. I like Canadians, I am always treated well when I travel to Winnipeg and they are good for our economy in Grand Forks. But I find it very hard to support any of their teams (even if they are playing Russia, whom I probably dislike even more than Canada).

I love it when Minnesotans get on this site and start debate and bashing of Team Canada and Canadian Hockey players. There is nothing that makes me happier than getting under the skin of the truly arrogant ones. ???

Team Canada rocks at pretty much every possible level. Their fans who root for Russians over the US, not as much.

Yeah, the NHL would be much better without guys like Ovechkin and Malkin ruining it. ???

If you like Malkin over Canadians, recall who did all the smack talking as he skated past the Team USA bench in Grand Forks. If he had bolted Russia as a teen I am certain he would have been a Gopher.