SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Missouri-Kansas City

bincitysioux

I watched the game on TV and it really was a tale of two halves. The Sioux were especially horrid in the 2nd half. They tried their hardest to give that game to UMKC. I know it was the first game of the season, but turnovers have really been a problem in the Jones era.

I was very impressed with the play of Harkins, and Mitchell looks to be a very promising player. This was the first time I've seen Mertens play, after hearing alot about him, he is definately athletic, that is for sure.

UND needs to improve on their free throw shooting, it was horrendous last night.

Also, I don't think I've ever in my life seen so many offensive fouls called in one game. Both teams incurred alot of them, but UND especially.

It was an ugly game, but entertaining to watch, and a great win to start off the season and the DI transition.

If last night's game was any indication, it looks like only eight players will regularly see playing time: Harkins, Joseph, Porter, Harrison, Mertens, Bledsoe, Mitchell and Benter. According to the boxscore, nobody else played last night. I'm amazed that we were able to win without Mertens scoring in double figures.

If last night's game was any indication, it looks like only eight players will regularly see playing time: Harkins, Joseph, Porter, Harrison, Mertens, Bledsoe, Mitchell and Benter. According to the boxscore, nobody else played last night. I'm amazed that we were able to win without Mertens scoring in double figures.

Anyone know exactly how far behind in his rehab Lenhertz is? I would have thought that without him, we would have seen a little bit of Mathison on the floor, since he is the only other "big" on the team besides Benter.

Mertens had a rough game offensively last night. Hopefully he puts it behind him quickly, he will certainly be needed on the offensive side of the ball in order for the team to have a successful season. He played extremely well defensively last night.