bincitysioux

logo_siouxnew.gif @ umkc2.gif

UND Audio

UMKC Video & Audio---$9.95

Summit League Video---$4.95

UMKC Website

UMKC Message Board

Key Players for the Kangaroos

Dane Brumagin: 6'4" Sr. Guard, 17.1 ppg, 4.8 rpg, .451 3pt %, Preseason All-Summit League 1st Team

Reggie Hamilton: 6'0" So. Guard, 11.7 ppg, 3.3 apg

UMKC finished the season 11-21 last season, and have been picked to finish 6th in the Summit League preseason poll this year. They are a young team with just one Senior. Focus alot on outside shooting, as they don't really have an established inside player. Their Head Coach is entering is 2nd season at the helm.

This should be a good first test for the Sioux. On paper, UND seems to match up well with UMKC, size-wise and experience-wise. This will probably be one of the few DI opponents we face this year where UND will actually have a size and experience advantage in the low post. It looks like it could be a close and entertaining game.

As a KC area resident, I've been looking forward to this game since the schedule was announced. Unfortunately, the game is not being played in historic Municipal Auditorium in downtown KC but will be played in the on-campus gym. If any UND fans will be in the area and want tips on where to stay/eat etc. just send me a PM.

Game Notes

UND's projected starting lineup is Joseph, Harkins, Porter, Harrison and Mertens. To call this a small lineup would be an understatement.

I'm very surprised Bledsoe isn't starting.

I was also very surprised by the starting lineup. Other than Mertens, I suppose it could be that Jones has elected to start seniors in the first game. In addition to Bledsoe, I would have thought that Benter, Mitchell and Lehnertz can have started.

I was also very surprised by the starting lineup. Other than Mertens, I suppose it could be that Jones has elected to start seniors in the first game. In addition to Bledsoe, I would have thought that Benter, Mitchell and Lehnertz can have started.

Reading the Game Notes, I couldn't help but notice that Lehnertz wasn't even listed among the primary reserves (listed just under the projected starters). Is he injured, or have other players such as Mathison simply played their way ahead of him in practice?

Reading the Game Notes, I couldn't help but notice that Lehnertz wasn't even listed among the primary reserves (listed just under the projected starters). Is he injured, or have other players such as Mathison simply played their way ahead of him in practice?

I noticed that also. I would guess/hope that it was an oversight. The list of players was noted on two sheets of paper. Hopefully, Lehnertz disappeared due to that!

From what I've heard, Lehnertz is still working his way back from the injury. It's been a little slower than expected from some the info I've gleaned. I was impressed with how hard Lehnertz worked last year, and it was beginning to show in his play- until he was injured. Let's hope eventually he will be fully recovered. I find him easy to root for.

Posting from the game. Some great 3 point shooting by the Sioux particularly Harkins and Bledsoe. UND is also doing a great job on the boards. I think this team might be better than expected this year.

Nice job by the Sioux Men so far! Lets make it a sweep for the basketball teams on the DI opener!

GO SIOUX!

Posting from the game. Some great 3 point shooting by the Sioux particularly Harkins and Bledsoe. UND is also doing a great job on the boards. I think this team might be better than expected this year.

How is the turnout for Sioux fans? How many total fans do you estimate?

How is the turnout for Sioux fans? How many total fans do you estimate?

Impressive turnout from Sioux fans. I'd guess there were 75-100 in the area behind the UND bench. I had a couple of different UMKC supporters come up to me wondering where all of these UND people were coming from, if they were all locals or had made the trip down.

The second half was not nearly as pretty, but a win is a win. UMKC was much more active defensively and used their athleticism to challenge UND's shooters and take away the open 3-pointers. The turnovers and several key misses from the free throw line nearly cost UND the game. UND played a box and one or triangle and two defense for most of the game and UMKC could never establish any rhythm on offense.

The freshman Pat Mitchell is going to be a player. He's long and athletic with a nice shooting stroke from the outside. Mertens isn't all that big but he did a heck of a job of holding his own on the boards and he was able to alter some shots. The one big problem I saw is that Mertens and the other posts don't handle the ball well at all and it led to a bunch of turnovers.

I know the writer that was covering the game for the Kansas City Star and I talked to him after the game. He is not writing nice things about UMKC after this loss. :whistling: