SiouxSports.com Forum

Freshmen and History

jk

Now WHOM could you possibly be referring to when you request that no one use these stats to predict points in the offseason? :)

As for the freshmen comparrison, I'd have to agree that all of our current class is capable of scoring a good amount of points as they progress.  Blais is unhappy with the ethic or attitude of some players, however, and I think they have been undisciplined at times.

Also, don't forget that there ARE freshmen who truly stand out and step up in their first seasons (Jeff Panzer = 37?;  Bayda = 40).  Some of the players with less than ten points have played almost every game, which might be enough for Blais to judge that they have not improved enough during the season.

In any case, I agree that next season will be much better.  But for now....Beat the Pioneers!

[quote=The WCHA is not a Freshman league. I think we should cut UND some slack this season.

Tonight I am going to drink a few snaps and enjoy the game. If we win we win if not I will have another beer...

I'm with you on both topics, although the latter has actually led me to lash out on the boards.  

Fournier has done pretty well for a freshman, considering he's been sick/injured half the time.  In fact, none of the freshmen have been horrible, but I'm sure Blais expected SOMEBODY (besides Bochenski) to get 20 pts.  None of the others are going to get there.

Friday I only saw nine forwards on the ice for UND:

Skarp, Bayda, Money

Spie, Notes, Ryan Hale

Fournier, Lundbohm, Massen

Saturday it was:

Skarp, Bayda, Money

Spie, Notes, Lundbohm

McMahon, Canady, Ryan Hale

Fournier, Palmiscno, Massen

At defense Leinweber didn't play this weekend. Brandt was the other goaltender dressed on Saturday.

Saturday it was:

Skarp, Bayda, Money

Spie, Notes, Lundbohm

McMahon, Canady, Ryan Hale

Fournier, Palmiscno, Massen

At defense Leinweber didn't play this weekend. Brandt was the other goaltender dressed on Saturday.

The Cannady line was awesome on Saturday, they were all over the ice and laid some good hits on the Pios...

UND manhandled the Pios with an aggressive forecheck.