SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at UC Davis

fightingsioux4life

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holding this offense down on the scoreboard deserves a "good" for this game in my book.

We've stopped ourselves on two drives in this half that should have ended in points. The Aggie defense isn't horrible, but it hasn't been great this season, either. We just haven't cashed in on our opportunities tonight.

J.T. O'Sullivan was the UC-Davis QB in 2001 when the Aggies came to the Alerus Center for a D-II National Semifinal game. UND won the game 14-2 (giving up an intentional safety late in the game). The Sioux D had several goal line stands in that game.

I've got that guy on my fantasy football team. He has outscored Peyton Manning. Everybody thought I was crazy when I had him starting.

When was the last time a Sioux defense gave up numbers like this...1986?

Last year, we gave up over 40 points vs. Western Washington on the road. The defense has been gradually deteriorating since Digger Anderson and company graduated and moved on after the 2005 season. If it doesn't change, we are going to have a rough time of it in DI FCS.

Losses suck, but for some odd reason, I'm not that upset about this one...

how are you not upset about this one? this team had a losing record last year and 4 losses this year? not to mention our O-line and D has looked terrible. i'm worried going into SIU next week.

Last year, we gave up over 40 points vs. Western Washington on the road. The defense has been gradually deteriorating since Digger Anderson and company graduated and moved on after the 2005 season. If it doesn't change, we are going to have a rough time of it in DI FCS.

Coincidentally or not, 2005 was also Tim Tibesar's last year as d coordinator.

how are you not upset about this one? this team had a losing record last year and 4 losses this year? not to mention our O-line and D has looked terrible. i'm worried going into SIU next week.

Agreed. Dale Lennon knows this team better than anyone outside the current UND staff and he'll know how to exploit our weakeness, which are getting worse by the week.

Not to mention there is little room for error in the way of conference losses when that's all there is to play for.

Like I said, not sure why I am not more pissed...probably because this doesn't blow a playoff shot for us.

Coincidentally or not, 2005 was also Tim Tibesar's last year as d coordinator.

I don't think that is a coincidence at all. Ever since we switched to this "Co-Defensive Coordinator" system, our defenses have been much less effective. I just don't think you can run a defense by committee like that. Also, I think the losses of coaches like Tibesar and Bubba Schweigert have hurt recruiting. Our players look a step slower then they did just three years ago. And I'm talking about both D-II and DI FCS opponents. Something needs to be done and soon.