SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

NHL

Monday 3-26         Oshie-goal (17) NHL called his last goal 17 also, so that must have been called off????

Tuesday 3-27         Nelson-goal (18)     Cagguila-goal (13)     

Wednesday 3-28    Oshie-assist (27)

Thursday 3-29        N Schmaltz-assist (29)     Parise-goals (11&12)     Zajac-assist (12)     Forbert-assist (17)

Friday 3-30             Oshie-assist (28)     Nelson-assist (14)-goal (19)     Jost-goal (10)

Saturday 3-31         Nelson-assist (15)     Parise-goal (13)

Sunday 4-1              Oshie-goal (18)     Zajac-assist (13)     Jost-goals (11&12)

NHL

Monday 4-2         Parise-goals (14&15)       Wolanin-goal (1)

Tuesday 4-3        Zajac-goal (12) assist (14)     Poolman-assist (1)

Wednesday 4-4   Nick Schmaltz-assist (30)     Wolanin-assist (1)

Thursday 4-5       Caggiula-assist (7)      Oshie-assist (29)       Nelson-assist (16)

Friday 4-6            Nick Schmaltz-assist (31)

Saturday 4-7       Wolanin-assist (2)      Gersich-assist (1)

The matchups are set for the #StanleyCup:

• NSH vs COL (Jost)
• WPG (Poolman) vs MIN (Parise)
• VGK vs LAK (Forbort, LaDue)
• ANH vs SJS (Dell)
• TBL vs NJD (Stafford, Zajac)
• BOS vs TOR
• WSH (Gersich, Oshie) vs CBJ (Chorney)
• PIT (Rowney) vs PHI (Hakstol)

#UNDproud

On 5/6/2018 at 7:38 AM, Wilbur said:

Boy did Tomek give up a softie on the game winner in the USHL playoffs against Fargo.  Played pretty well otherwise I thought from the highlights.

Hope he does okay in Omaha. 

Maybe his green glove was a half an inch longer?  The red stuff hasn't been as good for him.  That goal was right in front of me, and he was visibly defeated when it went in. 

I found it interesting that he didn't play Friday night (Fargo route, don't let the 2 meaningless goals in the last couple minutes fool you into thinking that game was close), but he went in for the elimination game.  Obviously they believed in him.

2 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

Maybe his green glove was a half an inch longer?  The red stuff hasn't been as good for him.  That goal was right in front of me, and he was visibly defeated when it went in. 

I found it interesting that he didn't play Friday night (Fargo route, don't let the 2 meaningless goals in the last couple minutes fool you into thinking that game was close), but he went in for the elimination game.  Obviously they believed in him.

Moe is an outstanding goalie...shocked they went with Matej when it mattered most.

14 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if the caps win the cup does gersich get a ring ...even if he doesn't play another shift this postseason?

I guess it depends on if the Caps want to, I’d say he gets a ring but not his name on the Cup. The Caps could ask the NHL to put his name on the Cup. 

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if the caps win the cup does gersich get a ring ...even if he doesn't play another shift this postseason?

He would need to play at least one game in the Final, not just the conference rounds.

He then would qualify for engraving, if not they could petition but most likely would not, 4 to 5 games played probably shouldn’t. I would think he gets a ring if they win even if he doesn’t play or dress again.

Everyone gets a ring, the receptionist at the practice facility gets a ring.

My prediction is that if Wash gets to the final he will play cause the Caps are thin and injuries mount, and let’s face it, suspensions are possible with a the heavy hitters they have, sometimes a half inch 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...