SiouxSports.com Forum
schmidtdoggydog

former players

2 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Bowser...

Yup........that Brook Bowser kid is getting his first action of the regular season tonight.

On 10/12/2017 at 7:38 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

Tyson Jost scary moment last night, crumpled into the corner, and awkwardly hard at that. Left ice with help.

If Tyson Jost was 6'1" he'd belong in the NHL. He's not. He should be in college for one more year to develop physically. Instead, expect to see that scary image at least once more this season. And let's hope it doesn't affect his overall development. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If Tyson Jost was 6'1" he'd belong in the NHL. He's not. He should be in college for one more year to develop physically. Instead, expect to see that scary image at least once more this season. And let's hope it doesn't affect his overall development. 

I agree. One of the draws of college hockey is the extra development, but you don't get the full effect of that if you only play one year.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

yes i agree, you're absolutely right.

Hes in the NHL because, Its the Aves, and i dont believe he can be sent to AHL.

Tyson will score some points in the NHL this year but, for his long term development he was misled by Aves due to them needing something positive to play for PR.

If the offsides call hadn't been overturned, Sioux would have went to FF last year.  (UMD be damned, that team was rolling.)

Sioux go to FF, no time for Colorado to dangle an NHL game in front of him, Hes back at UND this year.

I believe the added weight room time would have made a big difference over time.  

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

yes i agree, you're absolutely right.

Hes in the NHL because, Its the Aves, and i dont believe he can be sent to AHL.

Tyson will score some points in the NHL this year but, for his long term development he was misled by Aves due to them needing something positive to play for PR.

If the offsides call hadn't been overturned, Sioux would have went to FF last year.  (UMD be damned, that team was rolling.)

Sioux go to FF, no time for Colorado to dangle an NHL game in front of him, Hes back at UND this year.

I believe the added weight room time would have made a big difference over time.  

He can be sent to the AHL whenever they want as he's on an entry level two way contract. I believe it's major junior guys at a certain age that can only play NHL or get sent back to junior. This is where you see teams give a CHL kid basically a ten game tryout before sending them back to the CHL as that's the limit after that they have to play in the NHL. 

1 hour ago, UND WFO78 said:

Anyone know where the 1987 Teams "recreational" game is being played this afternoon?

The Ralph, I think.

• Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Is this open to the public?

Don't believe it is. Started at 1:30. It's in the Ralph

17 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Free ear plugs to first 100 fans...to muffle the sounds of old bones and creaky joints. ;) Seriously, though, hat's off to one heck of a piece of UND history. 

Here's my history...what a night!

IMG953845.jpg

• Upvote 2