SiouxSports.com Forum
schmidtdoggydog

former players

tnt   

In the Grand Forks Herald supplement "Grand Forks, a Thriving Community", Brad Berry said Brandon Bochenski is moving to Grand Forks now that his playing career is done.

14 minutes ago, tnt said:

In the Grand Forks Herald supplement "Grand Forks, a Thriving Community", Brad Berry said Brandon Bochenski is moving to Grand Forks now that his playing career is done.

His new house is roofed and wrapped.

cberkas   
1 hour ago, Siouxloopy said:

Anybody hear why Saunders is headed overseas? Seemed like he was climbing up the North American pros ladder last season, similar to Dell's path.

One reason could be that Colorado Eagles are going to be the AHL team for the Av's.

I'm more pumped for this upcoming NHL season than I have been for any other in the past. I can't wait to see how Jost and Boeser do in their first full years. I also anticipate seeing bigger things (35+ point seasons) out of Cags and Schmaltzy too. Then there is LaDue and Stech making noise on the blueline and solidifying themselves as key D-men. This group of guys seems to be the next big wave of NHL talent that UND has produced. For the most part, it seemed like there was a big gap between them and the Oshie, Parise, Toews, Stafford, Zajac era. It's exciting to see this many UND guys, with so much talent, all hitting the market at the same time again. It's an exciting time to be a UND fan. 

Of the guys listed I think it's obvious that Stech is set up the most comfortably (rightfully so) to be the most successful again this season. But I'm going to put my money on Boeser having the most success of them all this season, even more so than Stech. I know his 2nd year at UND was a little disappointing and made his stock fall, but I believe we'll see more of that true scorer type player out of him this year in the NHL. He showed it in the few games he played at the end of last season, and I only expect to see more of that this entire year. Jost will have a long career in the show and will have a lot of success, but I just don't see that happening with him this season. 1. because he could've used some more time to develop and 2. because he will be part of a frustratingly poor club. 

Thompson had a good season with San Diego, so I wouldn't be surprised if he got a small taste of the big league at some point this year. I haven't heard much on Luke Johnson. Anyone? 

tnt   
14 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Luke needed to stay in school.

Jost pulling his groin the first day of avs camp is the most Avs thing that could have Avsed to the Avs

Thought someone said he graduated already.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Thought someone said he graduated already.

He got his undergrad, but he still had eligibility.  He could've taken masters classes and developed more.  He just never had the skating of an NHL player.  I hope he proves me wrong, but...

tnt   
13 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

He got his undergrad, but he still had eligibility.  He could've taken masters classes and developed more.  He just never had the skating of an NHL player.  I hope he proves me wrong, but...

Not everyone wants to go for a graduate degree, so if he wanted to get into his hockey career, whatever level that may be, more power to him.  Don't think another year at UND would change his hockey path, so why not play, get paid and have your degree to fall back on.

KSSioux   
On 9/15/2017 at 9:34 PM, tnt said:

Matej Tomek with an 18 save shutout for Waterloo in preseason game tonight.

This shutout must have gotten him a contract with the Flyers.  He is the backup for one of the Flyers split squad games against the Islanders.  Very surprised to see this.

scpa0305   
14 hours ago, KSSioux said:

This shutout must have gotten him a contract with the Flyers.  He is the backup for one of the Flyers split squad games against the Islanders.  Very surprised to see this.

Top prospect goalie.  From what I've heard he's looking to get signed after this year.  He obviously won't play college again.