SiouxSports.com Forum
schmidtdoggydog

former players

Frattin started out well with Toronto. He and Nazim Kadri were on the same line and tearing it up. Then he blew a knee and never fully recovered.Sent down to the Marlies. He was traded to the Kings and played like 40 games in their 13-14 championship season before he re-injured the knee. Was never the same after. He was one of my favorite players. Without a doubt the best college player in the country his senior year. He had to much baggage to win the Hobey that year.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, rhenry8439 said:

Jake Marto re-signs with the Colorado Eagles for the 2017-2018 season.

http://coloradoeagles.com/echl-news/defenseman-jake-marto-returns-for-fifth-season-with-eagles/

Im shocked.  For how good Marto has been in the ECHL...he has only received a couple sniffs in the A.  He is 30 though.  He should go the KHL and make some money.

11 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

Frattin started out well with Toronto. He and Nazim Kadri were on the same line and tearing it up. Then he blew a knee and never fully recovered.Sent down to the Marlies. He was traded to the Kings and played like 40 games in their 13-14 championship season before he re-injured the knee. Was never the same after. He was one of my favorite players. Without a doubt the best college player in the country his senior year. He had to much baggage to win the Hobey that year.

Agree word-for-word!  Thanks for saving me all the typing :D

Ultimate Beer League hockey for your summer hockey fix :)

Da Beauty League is back this year.  www.dabeautyleague.com

From the posted  team rosters: Taylor Chorney, Brock Nelson, Jordan Schmaltz, Drew Stafford, Keaton Thompson Shane Gersich, Brock Boeser, and Evan Trupp.

Kisto and LaDue are on the player list too. The games are 4 on 4 for 2-30 minute periods. 

I think I have a Mpls trip in the near future :)

Best of luck to Frattin. Playing in China he has a chance to be an ambassador for the game.  Between the NHL and the local gov't there are a lot of resources being pumped in to hockey in China.

I still remember his classy and non-chalant celebrations. The sign of a true goal scorer.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Best of luck to Frattin. Playing in China he has a chance to be an ambassador for the game.  Between the NHL and the local gov't there are a lot of resources being pumped in to hockey in China.

I still remember his classy and non-chalant celebrations. The sign of a true goal scorer.

KHL is Russia.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

KHL is Russia.

There is a KHL team in Beijing, Kunlun Red Star.

The CWHL (Canadian Women's Hockey League) is also going to have a team in China

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The NHL is making a push to be at the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, but 2018 in Korea is a no go. 

2 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

KHL is Russia.

As pointed out Frattin's team is based in China.  There are other KHL teams not based in Russia; Genoway's team last year, Jokerit, is based in Finland.  You may have seen when he did this: 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if there are any former players in Sweden? I'll be there in late Sept and am thinking of trying to catch a game.

On 7/13/2017 at 0:04 PM, cberkas said:

Frattin to the KHL.

23 hours ago, cberkas said:

There is a KHL team in Beijing, Kunlun Red Star.

I think I have a new jersey in mind...

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

His scoring ability was too one dimensional at UND, if he could score without it being a wraparound he would have a chance in the AHL.

Looking at rosters for who will likely play at the Wild and Moose exhibitions, Poolman should get a nice applause.  

More importantly, quite a few rostered players should get showered with boos, including Brendan Lemieux and Mario Lucia. Let's hope they wind up as starters.  

I see where the son of former UND forward Brent Bobyck recently committed to Mankato.  At least I think he's the son of Brent.  Always enjoyed watching Brent play.

3 hours ago, SJHovey said:

I see where the son of former UND forward Brent Bobyck recently committed to Mankato.  At least I think he's the son of Brent.  Always enjoyed watching Brent play.

Bobyck was a STUD!  One of my favorites.

4 hours ago, SJHovey said:

That is his daughter.

On 7/26/2017 at 3:08 PM, The Sicatoka said:

RedStar-Jerseys.png

I kinda dig the "Great Wall" watermark instead of bottom striping. 

That's not the actual jersey and logo that they wound up going with though...