SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

2 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Disappointing he could not keep up in the NHL, really liked the kid while at UND. I am no hockey guru, but what was the main reason for poor production? 

I feel like untimely injuries really hurt his chances.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Some players you can tell are going to end up in Europe but I didn't really think Frattin would I guess until he started jumping back and forth from teams.

I really thought he would have a nice career. Seemed like he had it all. Crazy how it works out sometimes.

Frattin started out well with Toronto. He and Nazim Kadri were on the same line and tearing it up. Then he blew a knee and never fully recovered.Sent down to the Marlies. He was traded to the Kings and played like 40 games in their 13-14 championship season before he re-injured the knee. Was never the same after. He was one of my favorite players. Without a doubt the best college player in the country his senior year. He had to much baggage to win the Hobey that year.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, rhenry8439 said:

Jake Marto re-signs with the Colorado Eagles for the 2017-2018 season.

http://coloradoeagles.com/echl-news/defenseman-jake-marto-returns-for-fifth-season-with-eagles/

Im shocked.  For how good Marto has been in the ECHL...he has only received a couple sniffs in the A.  He is 30 though.  He should go the KHL and make some money.

11 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

Frattin started out well with Toronto. He and Nazim Kadri were on the same line and tearing it up. Then he blew a knee and never fully recovered.Sent down to the Marlies. He was traded to the Kings and played like 40 games in their 13-14 championship season before he re-injured the knee. Was never the same after. He was one of my favorite players. Without a doubt the best college player in the country his senior year. He had to much baggage to win the Hobey that year.

Agree word-for-word!  Thanks for saving me all the typing :D

Ultimate Beer League hockey for your summer hockey fix :)

Da Beauty League is back this year.  www.dabeautyleague.com

From the posted  team rosters: Taylor Chorney, Brock Nelson, Jordan Schmaltz, Drew Stafford, Keaton Thompson Shane Gersich, Brock Boeser, and Evan Trupp.

Kisto and LaDue are on the player list too. The games are 4 on 4 for 2-30 minute periods. 

I think I have a Mpls trip in the near future :)

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Best of luck to Frattin. Playing in China he has a chance to be an ambassador for the game.  Between the NHL and the local gov't there are a lot of resources being pumped in to hockey in China.

I still remember his classy and non-chalant celebrations. The sign of a true goal scorer.

KHL is Russia.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Best of luck to Frattin. Playing in China he has a chance to be an ambassador for the game.  Between the NHL and the local gov't there are a lot of resources being pumped in to hockey in China.

I still remember his classy and non-chalant celebrations. The sign of a true goal scorer.

The NHL is making a push to be at the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, but 2018 in Korea is a no go.