SiouxSports.com Forum
schmidtdoggydog

former players

St. Louis is losing its AHL affiliate for next season. Chicago Wolves going with Vegas.  St. Louis had announced they will "affiliate" and loan their players to other American league clubs.

Not a good situation, i wonder if that played a role in their prispects choices this year.....and what it may hold for Jordan Schmaltz.

Brock Nelson and Nick Schmaltz ousted from The world championships by Finland.

talk about your iihEFF

Hak still standing with team Canada eh

scpa0305   
On 5/11/2017 at 3:25 PM, SiouxForever said:

Really? Maybe you should hockeydb Zach Parise's stats and tell me how many cup Finals he's played in with the Wild?

The numbers don't lie. Sorry son! 

Maybe you should also take into account his age (and the way he plays).  You see....when players get older....their stats tend to decrease over time.  Especially when said player plays an aggressive style and they aren't built for that style physically.  They may even miss a handful of games here and there due to injury.

Also, Parise made it to the cup finals 1 time in NJ...in his prime. One more time than the Wild. You make it sound as though he was there every other year while in NJ.

Ben Cherski has passed away.....

Some very large legends of Sioux hockey have slipped away recently.... 

I like to imagine them skating across a perfect sheet of ice that never needs resurfacing ....firing pucks off wooden boards and chickenwire netting...  scoring perpetual hat tricks on beaten gopher goalies......wool sweaters and straight bladed sticks raised in eternal celebration....

• Upvote 3

Ginny Christian and Ben Cherski. That's a rough run. 

Nice touch by the Cherski family in asking that memorials be sent to the UND Foundation for a fund in Ben's name. 

brianvf   
2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Ben Cherski has passed away.....

Some very large legends of Sioux hockey have slipped away recently.... 

I like to imagine them skating across a perfect sheet of ice that never needs resurfacing ....firing pucks off wooden boards and chickenwire netting...  scoring perpetual hat tricks on beaten gopher goalies......wool sweaters and straight bladed sticks raised in eternal celebration....

Oh man, sad day.

I have Brad Miller's game-worn black Sioux jersey #13 when they had past Sioux players names on the shoulder that had previously worn the same number.  So it's a Cherski/Miller jersey.  I thought that was pretty cool when I got it.

19 hours ago, cberkas said:

Kristo to the KHL.

To bad....I always hoped he'd get a game in the National League.

Good luck to the kid, lots of Rubbles to be made in Putinville

Oxbow6   
On 6/30/2017 at 9:36 PM, cberkas said:

Kristo to the KHL.

2 way forwards not needed there. He will do well.

• Upvote 1

Having a tough time with the google tonight...I need the help of some of the Old School guys...What was Jim Archibald's number while at UND?  I believe he had 2, and I'm thinking 15 and 21 but cannot find any pics confirming either.

8 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Having a tough time with the google tonight...I need the help of some of the Old School guys...What was Jim Archibald's number while at UND?  I believe he had 2, and I'm thinking 15 and 21 but cannot find any pics confirming either.

Found 15 

IMG_4213.PNG

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Frattin to the KHL.

Some players you can tell are going to end up in Europe but I didn't really think Frattin would I guess until he started jumping back and forth from teams.

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Frattin to the KHL.

Disappointing he could not keep up in the NHL, really liked the kid while at UND. I am no hockey guru, but what was the main reason for poor production? 

UNDBIZ   
2 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Disappointing he could not keep up in the NHL, really liked the kid while at UND. I am no hockey guru, but what was the main reason for poor production? 

I feel like untimely injuries really hurt his chances.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Some players you can tell are going to end up in Europe but I didn't really think Frattin would I guess until he started jumping back and forth from teams.

I really thought he would have a nice career. Seemed like he had it all. Crazy how it works out sometimes.

scpa0305   
4 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I feel like untimely injuries really hurt his chances.

I think his skating hurt him.  He'll do well in the K.  Similar to Bochenski