SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

11 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

@Goon @Ray77

Well, that sucks.  So much for liking him as a player!  Now he's a BRUIN GOON!  :lol:

Sucks?  SUCKS???  This is GREAT news, MafiaMan!  He's been having a down year (40GP, 4G, 9A) so I hope this is the spark that he needed and could be a great fit.  It'll be interesting to see how the rest of his season goes in Boston, and as a UFA this year, if this gets him going and where he'll sign next year.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ray77 said:

Sucks?  SUCKS???  This is GREAT news, MafiaMan!  He's been having a down year (40GP, 4G, 9A) so I hope this is the spark that he needed and could be a great fit.  It'll be interesting to see how the rest of his season goes in Boston, and as a UFA this year, if this gets him going and where he'll sign next year.

I was hoping they'd take Thomas Vanek off my hands.  :lol:

On 3/1/2017 at 5:03 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Let's see ... the 2016-2017 UND in the NHL "shinny team" (must have appeared in 1 NHL game this season):

Toews Oshie Stafford
Parise Zajac Nelson
VandeVelde Grimaldi N Schmaltz
Caggiula Rowney

Greene Forbort
Simpson Chorney
Stetcher Ladue 
J Schmaltz

Dell
McIntyre

Looks like Jordan Schmaltz got called up to STL; but, he still hasn't met criteria. When he does, we get our 20 man game day sheet! :D
Malone went to STL (assigned to AHL) as part of the deal with WAS so he might end up here yet. 

As of tonight (STL@COL) Jordan Schmaltz is on the official 2016-17 UND "shinny team"! :D 

Don't forget the expansion next year...more jobs and a few more chances across the league......I think one more year sticking around the AHL and he has .....chance......after that.....Europe.

He's been at times an effective scorer.....never say never.

57 minutes ago, keikla said:

Good story about Jeff Ulmer, who is still playing pro hockey.

http://the-hockey-mom.com/2017/03/the-ironman-of-hockey/

One of the most interesting parts of the story that I wasn't aware of:

This is Ulmer’s first season as a White Hawk, one of four Canadians on the team. Eight of the 10 teams in the league make the playoffs, but these are playoffs with a twist. The top three teams — 1st, 2nd and 3rd — get their turn in descending order at choosing which team they want to face first in a best-of-seven format from the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th place teams. With these “Pick-Your-Opponent” style of playoffs, the 1st place team doesn’t necessarily pick the 8th place team for the first round. Finishing last isn’t always a disadvantage. They may be hot. They could be healthy. They could be a six-hour bus ride away. And since the venues alternate, those six-hour one-way trips can be exhausting.

4 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

One of the most interesting parts of the story that I wasn't aware of:

This is Ulmer’s first season as a White Hawk, one of four Canadians on the team. Eight of the 10 teams in the league make the playoffs, but these are playoffs with a twist. The top three teams — 1st, 2nd and 3rd — get their turn in descending order at choosing which team they want to face first in a best-of-seven format from the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th place teams. With these “Pick-Your-Opponent” style of playoffs, the 1st place team doesn’t necessarily pick the 8th place team for the first round. Finishing last isn’t always a disadvantage. They may be hot. They could be healthy. They could be a six-hour bus ride away. And since the venues alternate, those six-hour one-way trips can be exhausting.

I like this idea.  NCHC playoffs would be different I think, I bet that Western would want to play SCSU instead of Omaha.  

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:13 AM, cberkas said:

Kristo has 17 points this year, he's ranked 316th in the AHL. He went from 43 points to 46 points to 48 points to a pathetic 17 points.

Kristo isn't top 6 on the Checkers.

Las Vegas isn't wasting a pick on Kristo.

Yeah, if Matt Frattin can't find his way back to the NHL(I know injuries played a large part in this), I don't see Kristo....Matt can play 3rd and 4th line minutes if needed

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...