SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Randy Carlyle's doghouse...

But to be fair ..sounds like he put himself there.

Very discouraging. He was on fire before he hurt his knee? in Toronto, then let a prime opportunity in L.A. slip away. I wonder if he's keeping it together off ice.

Very discouraging. He was on fire before he hurt his knee? in Toronto, then let a prime opportunity in L.A. slip away. I wonder if he's keeping it together off ice.

I truly believe that his knee is never going to allow him to be close to 100%...and I think in LA he was used incorrectly....not in that he had a bad coach but in that the only way he could be fit in the puzzle was by playing a piece that not only he wasnt suited for but I think it destroyed his confidence for good.

I think the only way he gets back into it is with a dynamic coach that can get the best out of him....I dont think a Carlyle saying he "feels sorry for him"...is gonna cut do it.

I truly believe that his knee is never going to allow him to be close to 100%...and I think in LA he was used incorrectly....not in that he had a bad coach but in that the only way he could be fit in the puzzle was by playing a piece that not only he wasnt suited for but I think it destroyed his confidence for good.

I think the only way he gets back into it is with a dynamic coach that can get the best out of him....I dont think a Carlyle saying he "feels sorry for him"...is gonna cut do it.

Yeah, definitely can't blame the coach. What did you mean he was used in the wrong way? They put him in both top 6 and bottom 6 roles and he failed to impress in both.

Yeah, definitely can't blame the coach. What did you mean he was used in the wrong way? They put him in both top 6 and bottom 6 roles and he failed to impress in both.

When I watched him with the Kings I saw him playing a role that put him in front of the net grinding away, or trying to....it seems....with toronto..... With the marlies "the little I saw" , at UND he excelled more at the shooting from around the circles and slot vs being the guy banging away and tossing in the ugly pucks, but that was where there was a role to be filled with LA......when he was tried on top six you could see his knee was just not there to keep up and down with other teams top six.......IMO

• 2 weeks later...