SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Does this mean that Mapletoft is back in the line-up?

:lol:;)

I suppose it means that Mappletoft will get the call up, if he hasn't been called up already. If NY Islanders make the 2nd round it sounds like Blake could still be questionable. Now we have to hope NY does make it two the second round as long it is not at the Mighty Boston Bruin's expense, or at least probably in the cae of Sioux_fan in Boston and my opinion.

A couple of former Sioux on theroster of the Wichita Thunder, including Tyler Palmiscno.

EGF's Nate Metcalf (Minnesota State Mankato) is on it as well.

Both of these guys are filling "amateur" spots, whatever that means. Hopefully they play well enough to earn a "paying" roster spot for next year.

Game Article

Palmo had an assist in last nights playoff game. I'm surprised to see him in the CHL, I had heard it is the biggest 'goon' league in the US, those southern folks like their fightin. And tractor pulls, demolition derbies, monster trucks and NASCAR (sorry couldn't resist). :sad:

Curtis Murphy has been named the AHL's Most Outstanding Defenseman...AGAIN!

http://www.canoe.ca/AHL/News/2004/04/08/413749.html

They should invent an award that could be given to the AHL player who exemplifies the best player who will probably never get a shot at the next level. Then, for as long as Karl and Curtis are in the AHL, it'll be a battle between them for the award! :sad:

From Calgary's website:

PLAYOFF INSIDER

One line-up decision has been made. D Toni Lydman (upper body) will not play and will be replaced by MIKE COMMODORE. "It's who we played down the stretch. We think he can give us a little more offensively," said Sutter when asked why Commodore draws into the line-up instead of Steve Montador, who is also healthy and available.

I just flipped over to the Calgary game after watching my Bruins win in 2ots (High Five to Goon!), and thought I heard the announcer mention Commodore's name. Good news for Mike.

Kobasew, Leopold and Commodore all on the ice for the Flames tonight.

From Calgary's website:

I just flipped over to the Calgary game after watching my Bruins win in 2ots (High Five to Goon!), and thought I heard the announcer mention Commodore's name. Good news for Mike.

Kobasew, Leopold and Commodore all on the ice for the Flames tonight.

nobody seems to notice that the Flames' coach thinks Commie is going to help them offensively. Was he ever an offensive minded dman? Ever up until now?

I think that might have been his second. I'm thinking he scored one crashing the net in the Final Five or in the regionals that year too. But I could be wrong.

IMO eerily similar to watching Greene dangle with the puck at the point against Denver. Hadn't seen that from him before either.

I believe it was Commodore from Jeff Panzer and B. Lundbohm against Niagara.

Greene moving and firing with the puck showed me that he's grown as a player. For defensemen the transitions are normally (and each takes about a year): get used to the speed, control your end of the ice, improve the offensive side of your game, dominate the entire game. Seeing Greene do that says to me he's making the next transition.

If you're not sure what "dominate the entire game" means, reference Ryan Caldwell versus Maine.