SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

UND players make the AHL All star game!

Curtis Murphy attended his 3rd straight AHL all star game! He didn't get any points and he finished as a -1 +/- but it's good to see UND representing. He even got interviewed after the game and there was mention of his impressive history. They mentioned his college championship at UND!

In somewhat related news: Andy Murray got a contract extension. Evidentally a really nice multi-year extension. :silly:

Your right Dagies I can't spell and I really honestly wish there was a spell check on this site, Oh well life goes on and I still like beer...

Doesn't sound like it bothers you all that much ???

You could always write on Microsoft Word/Works or some other word processing feature on your computer & then copy & paste it onto your posts here--would take you just a couple seconds longer.

Just a thought on Travis Roche...he's been a career minor-leaguer to this point. What a shame to see him sign a pro contract after the 2001 Frozen Four loss to BC. It would have been nice to see Roche (and Bayda, for that matter) stick around their four years.

Never a sign that you are very highly thought of when you are traded for "future considerations". He has managed to hang in the league for a while though.

I have seen Landon Wilson play a few times this season and he seemed to be a little hesitant and almost lost. Maybe he is still feeling the effects of the eye injury from last season. I am sure he will get a decent chance to play in Pittsburg this season since they are starting to dismantle their team even more.

Just a thought on Travis Roche...he's been a career minor-leaguer to this point.  What a shame to see him sign a pro contract after the 2001 Frozen Four loss to BC.  It would have been nice to see Roche (and Bayda, for that matter) stick around their four years.

Good point. If I were Blais I would compile a list of all Sioux players who left early & had subsequent mediocre careers or were career minor leaguers & flash it in any player's face who thought about cutting out early.

Zach after junior year: "Coach, I'm gonna make the leap."

Blais: Dangles B. Lundbohm's professional stats sheet in his face.

Greene after sophomore year: "Edmonton wants me so see-ya."

Blais: Again, dangles stats sheet in his face but this time it's Roche's.

Players' eyes get pretty big when they're kings of the game in college & I think showing results of past players who had similar aspirations but fell short might be a good ploy. Not for Blais to manipulate players so he can continue to have a successful program, but to show them a little reality & to make them think about their decisions for their own benefits so they don't act prematurely.

Speaking of Landon Wilson, there is an article in the February issue of American Hockey Magazine inside the back cover on how Landon's eye injury has helped him to focus on charitable causes. Good article...look for it to come out on usahockey.com once the March issue is relaesed...mentions his two years at NoDak.

• 4 weeks later...
It just scrolled by on ESPN that Jason Blake is out at least a month with an ankle injury.

That's a bummer, he was on his way to potentially leading the isles in scoring. I think he's now tied for the lead.

Edit: Here's a link

Not good for the Isles since Jason is a big part of their hockey club. Everytime I see him play on televsion Jason is playing with a lot of energy and heart. Lets hope he gets healthy soon. :lol: