SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

It sounds like the answer is yes and no. He was one of the players allowed to go home when they reduced the roster for the rest of camp (they cut back to 29). But the actual WJ roster will be decided in December and will be based on this camp plus play through the first couple months of the season. So any of the players that were in camp this summer can still make the team, and they could even go off the board and add someone else. So yes, he was sent home during the cut down, but no he hasn't officially been cut from the team because it won't be chosen for 4 months.

So it sounds like a long shot. I was hoping Cichy would have had a better showing but hey maybe he will tear it up with the Sioux in the first half and make the team.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hf panthers top 20 prospects - lapoint off but knight in

19. Corban Knight, C, 18

Acquired: 5th Round, 135th Overall, 2009

Knight spent last season as a member of the Okotoks Oilers of the AJHL. He scored 34 goals and 38 assists in 61 games. His 72 points were good enough to place him in a tie for eighth in league scoring, and the lead among rookies.

Knight is an impressive skater with good offensive instincts and good hands. He has the ability to handle the puck in traffic at high speeds, and has a quick release. He will remain in the AJHL for another year where he will work on his strength. Knight has signed a letter of intent with the University of North Dakota for the 2010-11 season.

hf panthers top 20 prospects - lapoint off but knight in

19. Corban Knight, C, 18

Acquired: 5th Round, 135th Overall, 2009

Knight spent last season as a member of the Okotoks Oilers of the AJHL. He scored 34 goals and 38 assists in 61 games. His 72 points were good enough to place him in a tie for eighth in league scoring, and the lead among rookies.

Knight is an impressive skater with good offensive instincts and good hands. He has the ability to handle the puck in traffic at high speeds, and has a quick release. He will remain in the AJHL for another year where he will work on his strength. Knight has signed a letter of intent with the University of North Dakota for the 2010-11 season.

Do you think LaPoint is off because of his injury?

The United States is going to follow the lead of Team Canada and hold a World Junior camp in December. They will invite back the top players from this summer and the ones that have been playing well up to that point in the season. Then they will choose the final members of the team from that group. Players that were cut from this summer's camp may be invited back if they are playing well. And the whole thing will take place at the Ralph starting December 15th. The team will play UND on Dec. 19th.

gothberg to stay at trf

gothberg

Gothberg to stay at TRF

Force first-round draft pick Zane Gothberg has told the team that he's going to return to Thief River Falls to play his senior season with the Prowlers.

That leaves Cody Campbell as the only goaltender on the Force roster right now. Campbell was going to be the top dog this season anyway, but finding a backup for him has to be the No. 1 mission for the team right now.

Any thoughts on who the Force should go out and get? If I were Steve Johnson I'd try and talk Matt Hemingway out of playing for Alexandria this winter.

Anybody know if there is anything going on with Matt White? I see he isn't listed on Heisenberg's recruiting site under USHL or listed on North Dakota recruits. Did something happen or is this a mistake?

Just saw on Brad's twitter account that he won't be playing for Lincoln this year and he is contemplating hanging up the skates. It's looking like with the addition of Knight this year and White possibly quitting that we now have some availability to add a couple forwards to next years class.

Anybody know if there is anything going on with Matt White? I see he isn't listed on Heisenberg's recruiting site under USHL or listed on North Dakota recruits. Did something happen or is this a mistake?

Just saw on Brad's twitter account that he won't be playing for Lincoln this year and he is contemplating hanging up the skates. It's looking like with the addition of Knight this year and White possibly quitting that we now have some availability to add a couple forwards to next years class.

maybe so but we have a good amount of recruits as well commited. will be interesting to see what happens with white. hes a very good player so hope everything works out

maybe so but we have a good amount of recruits as well commited. will be interesting to see what happens with white. hes a very good player so hope everything works out

If he's contemplating hanging up the skates, then this is probably more of a personal issue beyond his playing ability or development.

I personally don't like the fact that there are two Matt Whites, both are heading into the or soon to be the WCHA (one to UND and the other to UNO).

I know as much about Matt White as I do about Mike Fink... no, less. I know Fink was pretty darn good in High School. Thats it there.

Too bad to lose a recruit if it is true, but if it is for personal reasons, then so be it. Best of luck. He always could decommit and head out east to a school in PA if he wanted to... though I can't remember if there are any DI schools (AHA maybe?) in PA.

I personally don't like the fact that there are two Matt Whites.

Maybe one of them could change their name to appease you? :D

What about the fact that next year there are going to be two Mattson's and a Matson in the WCHA...two of which will play for us? Not only will that confuse the heck out of Wooger, but evidently it will also annoy you. ;)

Maybe one of them could change their name to appease you? :D

What about the fact that next year there are going to be two Mattson's and a Matson in the WCHA...two of which will play for us? Not only will that confuse the heck out of Wooger, but evidently it will also annoy you. ;)

Yes. They should change their names. ;)

And anything that confuses Woog will completely stupify Masucko so that is good for me.

gothberg to stay at trf

gothberg

Gothberg to stay at TRF

Force first-round draft pick Zane Gothberg has told the team that he's going to return to Thief River Falls to play his senior season with the Prowlers.

That leaves Cody Campbell as the only goaltender on the Force roster right now. Campbell was going to be the top dog this season anyway, but finding a backup for him has to be the No. 1 mission for the team right now.

Any thoughts on who the Force should go out and get? If I were Steve Johnson I'd try and talk Matt Hemingway out of playing for Alexandria this winter.

That has to make the TRF high school hockey coach awful happy.