SiouxSports.com Forum

When is enough ENOUGH Jim?

SiouxMeNow

taunts...downright smack....or purely stupid side commentary...when is enough ENOUGH from these idiotic bison Fans Jim? Seriously!

You've suspended me for simply responding (as any Sioux fan on a SIOUX BOARD would!) yet we still see almost EVERY post hijacked because they have nothing else, apparently, to worry about this season except how our tranistion will be something less than theirs...*UCK THEM!

Who cares what they think? There are some positive and provacative 'su contributors to a discussion and I'm prepared to name them but as to BisonDan, Gabe, and Herd! WHY ARE WE BOTHERING TO RESPOND! All they do is go back to weinerville.com and report on how lame we are...again....*UCK THEM!!

I'll put my membership up here right now....you can BAN ME FOREVER (and lose a loyal Sioux fan) or decide to keep putting up with these dorks who are only here to make a mockery of our board and laugh about it on another board - YOUR CHOICE!

I've held my tongue long enough....and I'm really annoyed SS.com has become a haven for self-absorbed hacks who think they're "SO IMPORTANT" because they've "gone first" - watch your back rubes...we're right behind you! :silly:

taunts...downright smack....or purely stupid side commentary...when is enough ENOUGH from these idiotic bison Fans Jim? Seriously!

You've suspended me for simply responding (as any Sioux fan on a SIOUX BOARD would!) yet we still see almost EVERY post hijacked because they have nothing else, apparently, to worry about this season except how our tranistion will be something less than theirs...*UCK THEM!

Who cares what they think? There are some positive and provacative 'su contributors to a discussion and I'm prepared to name them but as to BisonDan, Gabe, and Herd! WHY ARE WE BOTHERING TO RESPOND! All they do is go back to weinerville.com and report on how lame we are...again....*UCK THEM!!

I'll put my membership up here right now....you can BAN ME FOREVER (and lose a loyal Sioux fan) or decide to keep putting up with these dorks who are only here to make a mockery of our board and laugh about it on another board - YOUR CHOICE!

I've held my tongue long enough....and I'm really annoyed SS.com has become a haven for self-absorbed hacks who think they're "SO IMPORTANT" because they've "gone first" - watch your back rubes...we're right behind you! :huh:

Sioux fans WITHOUT BALLS need not reply to this thread.... :silly:

To be completely honest, I agree.

Pretty much no longer come here as all I read about is how SU did this or is doing that. I really don't care and it has gone too far.

They are a fine University and I have respect for what they have done, but many of their fans bring nothing to this board. This forum needs to be cleaned up.

To be completely honest, I agree.

Pretty much no longer come here as all I read about is how SU did this or is doing that. I really don't care and it has gone too far.

They are a fine University and I have respect for what they have done, but many of their fans bring nothing to this board. This forum needs to be cleaned up.

I have seen a fair number of what I would call trolls patroling the UND football threads.

Whew.....!

for a minute there, when I read the title, I thought you were asking Jimmy Kliensasser to retire...... :silly:

he is one talented guy to even be a in the nfl as long as he has and to be good and old is something to hold onto as long as you can haahA cough excuse me i just had a farve moment

Since this was personally addressed to me... :silly:, a few thoughts:

* If you see a problem post, hit report. That instantly dispatches a message to multiple people to review the specific post, whereas it was a couple days before I personally got the chance to respond to this thread (I sometimes think you guys somehow get a copy of my vacation schedule and always do something the first day I'm out of town).

* We certainly share your concern -- in the past week it's become difficult for Sioux fans to talk about Sioux football without Bison fans trolling about the schedule. GDM and I had just been in communication about that issue the day before this thread.

I had kind of hoped the topic of comparing UND's schedule to NDSU's 1st year would play itself out, but since it seems to generate endless banter, we'll certainly try to coerce people to stay on topic and prevent threads about other topics from being hijacked into that.

Thanks for the feedback, I always appreciate it, and don't hesitate to report specific posts that need immediate attention.

I agree with the fact that the Bison trolls bring nothing to the table of value. Usually is it a biased opinion without facts or merit to back it up. But it really doesn't bother me due to the fact that an SU grad cuts my lawn, changes my oil and is my barista for my 6 AM cup of coffee! :silly: If trolling SS.com boosts their self esteem, better than them flashing a playground full of kids!

I agree with the fact that the Bison trolls bring nothing to the table of value. Usually is it a biased opinion without facts or merit to back it up. But it really doesn't bother me due to the fact that an SU grad cuts my lawn, changes my oil and is my barista for my 6 AM cup of coffee! :silly: If trolling SS.com boosts their self esteem, better than them flashing a playground full of kids!

Way to fan the flames Oxbow.....but that was funnier than hell! :huh:

:huh:?????? (worthy of at least 3 'Bison Dan "smiley faces"')

Tha tis some funny stuff right there. Do not forget being a fine pool boy.

I agree with you that it can get out of hand, but we also have a lot of Sioux fans who repeatedly say things back to them degrading NDSU and the Bison. Why can we not be the better people and just not respond. The old saying from when we were kids still applies, people only say things to get a reaction, if you don't react then it is not as much fun to do it. I agree that things should get reported, but then to some extent ignore it. Let us try to be the bigger people and show any vistors to our website that we can be good fans.

Sorry, my little rant. All better now.

I agree with you that it can get out of hand, but we also have a lot of Sioux fans who repeatedly say things back to them degrading NDSU and the Bison. Why can we not be the better people and just not respond. The old saying from when we were kids still applies, people only say things to get a reaction, if you don't react then it is not as much fun to do it. I agree that things should get reported, but then to some extent ignore it. Let us try to be the bigger people and show any vistors to our website that we can be good fans.

Thanks for that point -- that's a big part of what makes it difficult to moderate something like this away. A Bison fan makes one post about how he's surprised to see a D2 on the schedule and instantly gets half a dozen replies from Sioux fans mocking NDSU's transition schedules. At that point, you certainly can't prohibit the NDSU fan from participating in the discussion and defending NDSU.

People who want to compare UND's first year schedule to NDSU's, which is certainly a legitimate topic, should be able to go to a thread for that and people who are uninterested can avoid that thread. I think the problem wasn't the topic itself, but that quite a few threads were being hijacked and turned to that topic. That's something we'd already put on the "watchlist" and will work hard to prevent, but your point that people also just need to learn to ignore some crap is a good one -- one person can't hijack a thread alone, it takes other people falling for being goaded into responding.

In our defense, they love coming over here and playing loose with the facts and going out of their way to essentially spread gossip and misinformation about UND. I think more and more you're seeing in today's world, where information is limitless, that if you don't address an attack eventually it sticks to you. For example, look at all of the uproar that was created a few years ago regarding UND's athletic deficit that never materialized. It was essentially created by Bison fans on this site and on Bisonville taking a quote by Buning from an internal meeting and exaggerating it to the point that even many UND supporters thought it was true. If someone posts BS on this site then we need to call them on it. If that means we need to bring up some of the mud that clings to that university and it's leaders (cough..cough.. Chapman) than so be it. Stand up and be proud of your school and if some idiot from NDSU trashes it then by all means give it right back to them. They're simple-minded people down there and it's all they'll ever understand.

Would you ever go and unirate on your neighbor's front door even if you didn't care for him. I know I wouldn't, but I would take offense if that same said neighbor took a leak on my front door. I would definitely let that neighbor know enough is enough! Same thing goes here. I wouldn't go, and have never been, to SU's forum site and spew non-sense just for the sake of irritating people. But that is exactly what happens here...frequently. Besides, reading anything on SU's forum site would automatically drop my IQ by 80-100 points! Then I'd have to steal that "Slow children at play" road sign in my cul-de-sac and put it in my house!!

Would you ever go and unirate on your neighbor's front door even if you didn't care for him. I know I wouldn't, but I would take offense if that same said neighbor took a leak on my front door. I would definitely let that neighbor know enough is enough! Same thing goes here. I wouldn't go, and have never been, to SU's forum site and spew non-sense just for the sake of irritating people. But that is exactly what happens here...frequently. Besides, reading anything on SU's forum site would automatically drop my IQ by 80-100 points! Then I'd have to steal that "Slow children at play" road sign in my cul-de-sac and put it in my house!!

no, i wouldn't. I would calm down and then try to calmly explain to my neighbor that I did not appreciate it and ask him to stop. If that did not work, I would let him know that if it happened again, I would call the authorities because that is public urination and something they deal with.

I understand your point of view, but I stick with my previous thoughts on this.

no, i wouldn't. I would calm down and then try to calmly explain to my neighbor that I did not appreciate it and ask him to stop. If that did not work, I would let him know that if it happened again, I would call the authorities because that is public urination and something they deal with.

I understand your point of view, but I stick with my previous thoughts on this.

And you are entitled to do so. And your original post is well stated from a different point of view.