SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Any truth to this? I believe that at the time UND had not decided to reclassify to D1. If that is true, I do not believe that UNI would have ever agreed to play AT a D2 school.

UND had made the decision to go DI by the time the UNI game was played, but not when it was scheduled.

I doubt there was any concrete agreement for a return trip.

UND had made the decision to go DI by the time the UNI game was played, but not when it was scheduled.

I doubt there was any concrete agreement for a return trip.

I thought I remembered reading that it was a 2 for 1 contingent on UND moving to D1. I don't know if it was just a verbal agreement or if it was in stone. If it was verbal, I doubt we will see them because with their conference schedule, they need games they know they can win.

Since we are scheduled with Texas Tech (which i don't see any school connection, but whatever) is there any chance of more Big 12 teams like Iowa State, Nebraska, Colorado or any Kansas schools?? I point out about the school connection cause it seems the Sioux play big name teams with a connection only like basketball with Kansas and Iowa State.

I believe we played Kansas here only because Roy Williams offered his seniors one game close to home and Jeff Boschee had the choice of UND or Minnesota. He choose UND. So, I would say no unless you know of any Kansas boys would have played there, playing for us or any ND boys playing for them.

Since we are scheduled with Texas Tech (which i don't see any school connection, but whatever) is there any chance of more Big 12 teams like Iowa State, Nebraska, Colorado or any Kansas schools?? I point out about the school connection cause it seems the Sioux play big name teams with a connection only like basketball with Kansas and Iowa State.

It is my understanding that Faison and Tech's AD are pretty good friends. Whether it is a personal or professional friendship I don't know. But it sounds like Faison does have quite a few DI connections from his time at NMSU, especially in the western conferences. Hopefully he can utilize those connections to help out the transition and eventual conference affiliation.

COLLEGE NOTEBOOK: Future Sioux-UNI games possible

UND athletic director Tom Buning said the contract between the Sioux and Northern Iowa contained an option for two more games, contingent on UND becoming a Division I-AA program.

During the summer, UND announced it would elevate its athletic programs to Division I in 2008.

Buning said it's possible the remaining two games between the Sioux and Panthers would be a home-and-home series.

This is pure speculation of course, but with Tim Tibesar being the D-coordinator at Kansas State and their 4 game non-conference schedule along with a bye week, I wonder if they would ever be an option in the future. Not sure how much water it would hold with Ron Prince and the AD, but maybe he would put in a good word for scheduling UND? Just thinking out loud.

This is pure speculation of course, but with Tim Tibesar being the D-coordinator at Kansas State and their 4 game non-conference schedule along with a bye week, I wonder if they would ever be an option in the future. Not sure how much water it would hold with Ron Prince and the AD, but maybe he would put in a good word for scheduling UND? Just thinking out loud.

I think that's a fair possibility. Also, keep in mind that Mussman is an Iowa State grad, and having Mac there probably doesn't hurt, either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe AD Faison is a University of Missouri graduate which brings about another Big 12 connection. I have an undergraduate degree from UND as well as a graduate degree from Mizzou. With this in mind, I wouldn't be at all surpised to see future UND-Mizzou matchups in some sports along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Texas Tech defeated Eastern Washington 49-24 today. EWU is ranked as high as 6th in many of the DI FCS polls. TT had alot of penalties and EWU seemed to kept themselves in the game until later in the second half.

It'll be interesting to see how UMass is able to play with them in a couple of weeks.

UND's first FBS foe is still a season away...but I find this quite interesting:

2008 FBS v FCS

2007 FBS v FCS

What a difference a year makes...

I knew FCS schools did well last year, but I didn't realize how well. The Kolpack article incorrectly stated UNH (FCS)beat Delaware. UD is actually an FCS school. UNH beat FBS school Army last week.

That 6-42 number is not even close to correct; I think it may be the reverse. I checked out the ACC & PAC-10 records versus FCS last year, and they were 7-0 alone.

It seemed low to me as well but I didn't feel like researching it further.

And we are broke.

Confirmation that Idaho St will be playing in Grand Forks next season......

:lol:

Potato Bowl rightfully Idaho's

They played a game in Pocatello in 1965 and in Grand Forks in 1966, dubbing the later contest the Potato Bowl. The contests didn't go well for the Bengals; they lost by a combined score of 68-0.

Not surprisingly, the two teams haven't played since -- until tonight's game at Holt Arena and next year's contest back in Grand Forks, which will mark the 44th anniversary of the first Potato Bowl.