SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

UND fans better step up or we will be surrounded  by yellow in our own building. Ticket office needs to pull what SDSU does to make sure UND fans get first  dibs. Although I loved sitting next to a pompous SU a** the last time we played them in GF. He got pretty quiet.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Future games against Dakota schools on the books:

9/7  @  NDSU

10/3  SDSU

10/31  USD

11/14  @  NDSU

10/2  NDSU

10/9  @USD

11/20  @  SDSU

11/12  USD

9/23  @  USD

22 and 23 no SDSU or NDSU?

23 hours ago, CMSioux said:

UND fans better step up or we will be surrounded  by yellow in our own building. Ticket office needs to pull what SDSU does to make sure UND fans get first  dibs. Although I loved sitting next to a pompous SU a** the last time we played them in GF. He got pretty quiet.

I am buying season tickets for this upcoming season so I am in line ahead of bizon fans a couple years down the road. I will probably only make it to a couple games this season but I will give away the games I can't make. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dom Izzo
Visited with Twins president Dave St. Peter for next edition of #DizzosDen podcast. On future football games at Target Field said "UND has been extended offer, but we're looking at future games to be played in November. May be difficult for teams to give up a conference game."

35 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Dom Izzo
Visited with Twins president Dave St. Peter for next edition of #DizzosDen podcast. On future football games at Target Field said "UND has been extended offer, but we're looking at future games to be played in November. May be difficult for teams to give up a conference game."

UND needs to take this offer ASAP. Absolutely stupid to not do it. C’mon Kennedy, Chaves, and Bubba ...

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

If it means only 4 home games in a season, I'm absolutely against it. Already disappointed they aren't taking advantage of the 12th game this year to buy an additional home game or set it up for good home game in the next few years by traveling. 

Until people actually show up hell with it, schedule it. UND needs to win consistently before the Alerus fills up consistently. 

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Until people actually show up hell with it, schedule it. UND needs to win consistently before the Alerus fills up consistently. 

This makes no sense. We aren't filling a 12,000 person football stadium, so let's schedule the game 5 hours from campus, outside in November, in a 40,000 person baseball stadium. That'll get Grand Forks on our side! 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

This makes no sense. We aren't filling a 12,000 person football stadium, so let's schedule the game 5 hours from campus, outside in November, in a 40,000 person baseball stadium. That'll get Grand Forks on our side! 

It’s going to be in November? And who is the opponent? A lot of stretches on your end ...

Just now, Hawkster said:

I don't get why St. Peter only is willing to give us a Nov date?    They seem to be able to accommodate CERTAIN other schools in Sept.    Sitting at an outdoor game in Nov?   It would have to be one heck of an opponent.  

Was that the first time target field had football? They may have learned the timelines for field prep are difficult during baseball season. In reality, they could do October though. I mean it's the Twins. 

20 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Was that the first time target field had football? They may have learned the timelines for field prep are difficult during baseball season. In reality, they could do October though. I mean it's the Twins. 

Target has hosted St Johns vs St Thomas to a packed stadium in September 2015.  St Thomas should use the nearby Minnesota United stadium now.

Allianz Field to host St Thomas-St Johns game in 2019.

https://www.tommiesports.com/sports/fball/2018-19/releases/20181204eg78nd