SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

How's that DI move working out? I'm sure it will be easier next year!!! :(

How in the world can a bison fan come here and talk smack? Your team is very very mediocre, and you are years ahead of us in the transition! Neither of our teams will make the playoffs this year, that is all that matters.

Do you know if either of these are home games...I would hope at least one of them would be...

I have no solid info to base this on, but I'd guess they'll both be away games.

There is a "rumored" game against Iona.

Again, I have no solid info on this, but my guess is that the schedule will look something like this:

Sept. 5 @ Texas Tech*

Sept. 12 vs. Idaho St.*

Sept. 19 @ Northwestern St.*

TBA vs. DII Opponent

TBA vs. Iona

TBA @ Stephen F. Austin*

TBA @ Weber St.*

TBA vs. Cal Poly*

TBA @ UC Davis*

TBA @ Southern Utah*

TBA vs. South Dakota*

*confirmed opponent

Again, I have no solid info on this, but my guess is that the schedule will look something like this:

Sept. 5 @ Texas Tech*

Sept. 12 vs. Idaho St.*

Sept. 19 @ Northwestern St.*

TBA vs. DII Opponent

TBA vs. Iona

TBA @ Stephen F. Austin*

TBA @ Weber St.*

TBA vs. Cal Poly*

TBA @ UC Davis*

TBA @ Southern Utah*

TBA vs. South Dakota*

*confirmed opponent

Do you know if we will be playing an eleven or twelve game schedule next year? Also, do you know if either Weber or SFA might be a home and home at least?

Do you know if we will be playing an eleven or twelve game schedule next year? Also, do you know if either Weber or SFA might be a home and home at least?

The NCAA will only allow a maximum of 11 games for 2009. Hopefully UND can do something they haven't been able to for the last two years and fill out a complete schedule and get all 11 games.

Again, I'm just speculating about the 2009 schedule, but I'm almost positive that the Weber and SFA games would be home-and-home agreements.

12 game schedules for FCS are only allowed in years when due to the way the calendar falls there is an "extra Saturday" between labor day and thanksgiving

teams which play at Hawaii are also allowed an extra game

Sept. 5 @ Texas Tech* 10-0, #2 ranked team in FBS

Sept. 12 vs. Idaho St.* 0-10

Sept. 19 @ Northwestern St.* 6-4

TBA vs. DII Opponent

TBA vs. Iona 3-7

TBA @ Stephen F. Austin* 4-6

TBA @ Weber St.* 9-2

TBA vs. Cal Poly* 7-1

TBA @ UC Davis* 5-5

TBA @ Southern Utah* 4-5

TBA vs. South Dakota* 5-4

*confirmed opponent

I've added 2008 records for all but the unknown dII opponent.

Two more 2009 opponents to add:

Weber State

Stephen F. Austin

Would hope the Stephen F. Austin game would be at home, especially if the Sioux are already going to both Louisiana (Northwestern St) and Texas (Tech) next year. At least it would make more sense for recruiting to have annual games in both Texas and California..

Would hope the Stephen F. Austin game would be at home, especially if the Sioux are already going to both Louisiana (Northwestern St) and Texas (Tech) next year. At least it would make more sense for recruiting to have annual games in both Texas and California..

Unfortunately, I'm thinking it will be an away game. Assuming the inverse of their conference schedule this year, and their known OOC games reported at AGS, Stephen F. Austin already has 6 away games scheduled.

On another note, I still can't figure out why USD is travelling back to Cal Poly next year, and UND apparently to UC Davis for consecutive years. :( It really doesn't matter to me all that much, and could actually be beneficial. We could potentially be hosting the defending national champ in the Alerus.

I just hope the GWC is straightening out their lop-sided schedule that they've had since its inception. Every team should get two home games and two away.

A post over on AGS indicates that North Dakota will play Lamar in 2010. Lamar discontinued it's football program in 1990, and is in the process of resurrecting it. 2010 will be the programs first season of play. Good chance this would be a home game in 2010.

Good chance? I don't even want to think of the prospect of playing Lamar on the road.

Who the heck is Lamar?

Lamar Cardinals

Lamar University is a member of the Southland Conference with schools such as SE Louisianna, Texas State, McNeese, Stephen F Austen, etc. As mentioned above they currently don't have a football program but will put a team on the field in 2010. Can't say I'm overly excited to hear a first year team will be one of our games. But I guess we have to do what we can to get as many home games as we can during the transition.

A post on the Stephen F. Austin message board indicates that next year's game with the Lumberjacks will be at SFA, and will not include a return trip to Grand Forks.

If true, I'm quite disappointed that we'd accept a one-game, road-only contract with an FCS team. I could understand doing it for this season, but now that we'll be a counter, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

This may have been mentioned already and I am too lazy to check but look for Fresno State to be added to the 2010 schedule. They are always a tough physical team.

Does this mean that Hawaii will not be on the schedule? I believe we already have Idaho, as an FBS team, scheduled for that year as well or maybe they aren't on the schedule until 2011.