SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Do you think if you post isomething it makes it fact? Does it make you feel better about your team to downplay NDSU's accomplishments? NDSU beat a #13 ranked Iowa team that went 8-4 And went to the Outback Bowl coming off of a Big 10 Championship year and and an 8-4 Kansas State team coming off of a Big 12 Championship. When you sign these contracts years in advance, you don't know what kind of team you are going to face. 

That was way too easy.....thanks for the laugh!!

8 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

In 2022, Ga Southern will get $ 1.423 million for playing at Lincoln..

So by being FCS, we are taking a $ 908,000 discount.

FBS has some mighty bucks that were missing out that would nearly pay the scholarship difference.

No G5 playoffs, no thanks. UCF is reason enough not to go FBS. 

1 hour ago, John W. said:

Playing Power 5 teams is great for recruiting and as a measure of program progress/success!!!! Would not be possible if still 'Fighting Sue's'!!!!!

Yes and no, UND played Big 12 Texas Tech as the Fighting Sioux, however there would be no Big 10 teams we could play in any sport.

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

No PAC12 team would play us with that nickname either. It was the scheduling kiss of death.

I’m just saying at the time the Big 10 was the only conference with a Native American list ban. Pac 12 didn’t have a ban, but you are right, the nickname was the scheduling kiss of death as other teams (ex. SDSU) contemplated not playing us because of the name. 

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I’m just saying at the time the Big 10 was the only conference with a Native American list ban. Pac 12 didn’t have a ban, but you are right, the nickname was the scheduling kiss of death as other teams (ex. SDSU) contemplated not playing us because of the name. 

Why do you think we had to play so many d2 schools during the transition? The nickname.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Just today, Brett McMurphy tweeted that some G5 conferences had got together informally for playoff talk.

It's coming, but it will take time.  But the $'s need to be better than bowls.

Throw another $5 million in the pot, take the 2nd best ranked G5 conference champion, give #1 and #2 G5 their own bowl, market the hell out of it.  There's your de facto 2-team playoff, and the P5 is happy to keep the New Year's Six to themselves!  

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Just today, Brett McMurphy tweeted that some G5 conferences had got together informally for playoff talk.

That’s good news. The Bowls are a joke, and the playoffs are just P5 only. 

3 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

Throw another $5 million in the pot, take the 2nd best ranked G5 conference champion, give #1 and #2 G5 their own bowl, market the hell out of it.  There's your de facto 2-team playoff, and the P5 is happy to keep the New Year's Six to themselves!  

This year's bowls have the #2 CUSA team v the # 1 Sunbelt team,  the  #2 Belt against the #1 MAC, and the #1 CUSA team vs the #2 MAC team, so the playoff system is almost set up.  Think in five years, the new Summit, a revised WAC, and a revised Atlantic Sun (mostly CAA teams) will be part of it too.

I love the scheduling of Nebraska.....a P5 team with a school whose fanbase loves football.  hell....BRING ON BAMA.....(for $750k or better anyway).....These big money FBS games are needed to fund the program, but does anyone have any idea what kind of money these schools make from a home game???  Like Nebraska is paying us 515k in 2022, what are they as a school netting for having a home game?  I mean Nebraska home games are guaranteed 90,000 at even $50 avg ticket price for a sum of 4.5 million before concessions...

23 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

I love the scheduling of Nebraska.....a P5 team with a school whose fanbase loves football.  hell....BRING ON BAMA.....(for $750k or better anyway).....These big money FBS games are needed to fund the program, but does anyone have any idea what kind of money these schools make from a home game???  Like Nebraska is paying us 515k in 2022, what are they as a school netting for having a home game?  I mean Nebraska home games are guaranteed 90,000 at even $50 avg ticket price for a sum of 4.5 million before concessions...

In 2015-16, Nebraska had football revenue of $65 million with expenses of $27.5 million.  Tickets are priced at $57 average.  Nebraska went 6-7 that year, so presumably they had seven home games.  Each home game would bring in revenue of at least $8 million.  Not sure if the Big Ten TV revenue even counts for this but since total revenue was $112 million, the Big Ten sharing must be in the non-football revenue (as there other sports don't have nearly the revenue).

6 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Read the book “Billion Dollar Ball.” It is about college football and $$$. Very interesting... I think that is the name. It came out maybe 2 years ago. The amount of money those colleges make is unbelievable.... very good book. I looked it up... Gilbert Gall ( Gaul).

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Read the book “Billion Dollar Ball.” It is about college football and $$$. Very interesting... I think that is the name. It came out maybe 2 years ago. The amount of money those colleges make is unbelievable.... very good book. I looked it up... Gilbert Gall ( Gaul).

Those schools do make big money. But some of them also don't take state money for athletics I believe. Fiscal autonomy gives them a lot more power.

41 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Those schools do make big money. But some of them also don't take state money for athletics I believe. Fiscal autonomy gives them a lot more power.

Who needs state money when they can pay UND like that? The book also talks about the REAL big money teams... college football in the south. After reading it I looked at how many TV stations air college football games... plus all the advertising. I still love college ball and watch games on Saturday when I am sewing. Anything on any channel... BUT just FYI I absolutely can not watch any college hockey and sew....I had to take one sleeve out 3 times and sewed the brim of an old English hat on uoside down! Another FYI, the Sioux did not skate with the “drive” they usually have against SCSU. Just my thoughts...

GO SIOUX and these recruits look good.

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2017 at 3:17 PM, SiouxVolley said:

I am sick of hearing how much $$$ the almighty Bowls make. From what I hear, a lot of these bowl games lose money and have half-full stands at best. We need to cut the number of bowl games in half; 5-7 teams should not be playing in bowl games.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Jeremy Jorgenson NDSU has stated at least 1 time that I heard. NDSU playing Football games in Grand Forks was off the table. I believe him.

In 2020 and beyond, he has no choice unless NDSU goes FBS.

15 minutes ago, homer said:

Nonconference possibly........

We play them next season,  and MVFC said the Dakota 4 will play each other every year in conference play so could NDSU get them to have it UND at NDSU every year? Makes no sense.