Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
dakotadan

Future Schedules

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

On the UND football 360 podcast with the commissioner she said that all rivalries were done now for UND since they aren't a full member anymore.

Which is kinda bs considering Cal Poly and UC Davis.  Would be nice to be affiliates for two years.  The big sky should really force Cal Poly and UC Davis to decide whether or not they want to join as full members or fend for themselves with football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

30-0 in the 1st quarter.

100-0 could have been the score.  I don't doubt we justified this game cause SU did it, but that doesn't make it right.

Joke game for us, even bigger joke for SU.

Sources say 3-4,000 SU fans left at end of the game.  My, oh my!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding Mississippi Valley, it is what it is.  Sometimes you have to "buy" a game, and schools like this are what are for sale.  You can't always make home-and-homes work out.  It's a DI game, and that does count for something once playoff selection time comes around since we voluntarily are forfeiting access to an autobid for two seasons.  UND doesnt' really "buy" games all that often in recent years, but I don't think it is a coincidence that we bought Mississippi Valley and Drake for the two seasons that we are officially independent.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is any hope for playoffs next season, 8 wins needs to be the target.  Mississippi V is a little easier to stomach when they are being followed up with Washington and Sam Houston.  Can’t question the non conference schedule.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, homer said:

If there is any hope for playoffs next season, 8 wins needs to be the target.  Mississippi V is a little easier to stomach when they are being followed up with Washington and Sam Houston.  Can’t question the non conference schedule.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the B1G was moving away from games against FCS for CFP resume-building purposes? Am I remembering this wrong? Does anyone know the rest of that story? At any rate, this is happening and I'm excited.  My wife and I lived in Omaha for 4 years and this might be an opportunity to visit the area again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Nebraska it is ... 2022 and 2026

I hope the juice is worth the squeeze.  We have some time to get better but we will see next year at Washington what a 60-10 trouncing feels like.  I am not sold that this is best for UND Football.  It's best for the budget, no doubt.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Quincheezmo said:

I thought the B1G was moving away from games against FCS for CFP resume-building purposes? Am I remembering this wrong? Does anyone know the rest of that story? At any rate, this is happening and I'm excited.  My wife and I lived in Omaha for 4 years and this might be an opportunity to visit the area again.

Teams were complaining about the new 9 game conference schedule and having to buy 3 home games the years where they only have 4 conference home games. To help with that, they are allowing B1G schools to schedule FCS games in the years they have 4 home/5 away conference games. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I hope the juice is worth the squeeze.  We have some time to get better but we will see next year at Washington what a 60-10 trouncing feels like.  I am not sold that this is best for UND Football.  It's best for the budget, no doubt.  

Yeah I hope so too. I am definitely not making the trip out there next season. I will make the Utah State and Kansas State games. Might have a chance in those if we improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what's the paycheck for the NE game?   It better be huge or it's not worth it IMO.   We get a beatdown and get injuries (there's that word again) then there goes the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TRex said:

So what's the paycheck for the NE game?   It better be huge or it's not worth it IMO.   We get a beatdown and get injuries (there's that word again) then there goes the season.

$515,000 for game 1 and $560,000 for game 2....I'd say it's worth it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I hope the juice is worth the squeeze.  We have some time to get better but we will see next year at Washington what a 60-10 trouncing feels like.  I am not sold that this is best for UND Football.  It's best for the budget, no doubt.  

Unfortunately, when the game was scheduled in June 2013, Washington was no where near the power that it has been the last several years. Prior to signing, they had come off of three mediocre 7-6 seasons and were 0-12 two years prior to that. I doubt that Faison envisioned that UND will be playing the power that they will see next year.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, cpa_guy said:

Unfortunately, when the game was scheduled in June 2013, Washington was no where near the power that it has been the last several years. Prior to signing, they had come off of three mediocre 7-6 seasons and were 0-12 two years prior to that. I doubt that Faison envisioned that UND will be playing the power that they will see next year.

 

 

Time to pull an App State on them.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cpa_guy said:

Unfortunately, when the game was scheduled in June 2013, Washington was no where near the power that it has been the last several years. Prior to signing, they had come off of three mediocre 7-6 seasons and were 0-12 two years prior to that. I doubt that Faison envisioned that UND will be playing the power that they will see next year.

 

 

Another item in which SU kicks our a$$ in.  They  magically get teams heading into their crappiest year in school history, more times than not, and we schedule a peaking Washington.  Even Utah turned into a horrible match up the year we schedule them.  In previous years they were run heavy, very vanilla, then in 1 year they grab Eastern' s OC, start a Florida high school player of the year at QB, and add Oregon's best wide out.  All sucks!!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Another item in which SU kicks our a$$ in.  They  magically get teams heading into their crappiest year in school history, more times than not, and we schedule a peaking Washington.  Even Utah turned into a horrible match up the year we schedule them.  In previous years they were run heavy, , very vsnilla, then in 1 year they grab Eastern' s OC, start a Florida high school player of the year at QB, and add Oregon's best wide out.  All sucks!!

I hope Oregon and U of A smash them!  I'm not sold on Colorado.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I hope the juice is worth the squeeze.  We have some time to get better but we will see next year at Washington what a 60-10 trouncing feels like.  I am not sold that this is best for UND Football.  It's best for the budget, no doubt.  

With how things go with us and FBS opponents their new coach will resurrect the program and they will win a national title in 2022.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×