SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Also, it should have been built with 15,000 seats. 

Remember all the Negative Nellies who said we would never, ever fill a 12,000 seat arena so we better not build it any larger than that? :silly:

In hindsight, we should have built it to 15,000.

Think big and you will exceed expectations.

Think small and that is how you will remain.

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

Remember all the Negative Nellies who said we would never, ever fill a 12,000 seat arena so we better not build it any larger than that? :silly:

In hindsight, we should have built it to 15,000.

Think big and you will exceed expectations.

Think small and that is how you will remain.

I've heard Ralph wanted 15,000 at the beginning but small minded people talked the number down.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Also, it should have been built with 15,000 seats. 

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I've heard Ralph wanted 15,000 at the beginning but small minded people talked the number down.

That is correct. At the very beginning, before structural plans were put to paper, the very first plans were 15,000 seats without serving alcohol.

Alerus was also built to small, but that will make it easier in the future to use the 30 years old life span theory.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That is correct. At the very beginning, before structural plans were put to paper, the very first plans were 15,000 seats without serving alcohol.

The bars at the ends are a nice touch, and ahead of their time, but the overall capacity should have been much higher.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, northernraider said:

A 30 year old arena is nearly unheard of now a days, especially if UND still wants to be the premiere hockey school. I do hope there is some early planning for what's next.

Memorial Stadium was used from 1929-2000 as a full functioning football stadium. It’s possible to use an arena plast 30 years with upgrades along the way. I would think the Sioux forever crowd would frown upon a new arena without Sioux logos everywhere. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

They had to redo all of the schedules with Idaho joining and don't believe they have publicly released them, however it looks like Montana and possibly Weber have their 2018 schedules up. Both have are schedule to travel to UND next season.

10/13 - Montana
10/27 - Weber St

Those two don't deviate from what was originally scheduled a few years ago, but that doesn't account for Idaho and how that will affect UND yet. This was what their conference schedule was supposed to look like:

Sept. 22 Idaho State
Sept. 29 at Northern Colorado
Oct. 6 Bye
Oct. 13  Montana
Oct. 20 at Sacramento State
Oct. 27 Weber State
Nov. 3 at Montana State
Nov. 10 Portland State
Nov. 17 at Northern Arizona

Side note: A bye in the middle of the year!!!!

Here are the confirmed games so far. Missing 3 away and 1 home conference games plus bye week. @UNC will be one of them and I would guess @MSU would be another.

8/30 - MVSU
9/8 - @Washington
9/15 - @SHSU
9/22 - Idaho State
9/29 - TBD
10/6 - TBD

10/13 - Montana
10/20 - TBD
10/27 - Weber State
11/3 - @Idaho
11/10 - TBD
11/17 - TBD

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

They had to redo all of the schedules with Idaho joining and don't believe they have publicly released them, however it looks like Montana and possibly Weber have their 2018 schedules up. Both have are schedule to travel to UND next season.

10/13 - Montana
10/27 - Weber St

Those two don't deviate from what was originally scheduled a few years ago, but that doesn't account for Idaho and how that will affect UND yet. This was what their conference schedule was supposed to look like:

Sept. 22 Idaho State
Oct. 6 Bye
Oct. 13  Montana
Oct. 27 Weber State
Nov. 3 at Montana State
Nov. 10 Portland State

Side note: A bye in the middle of the year!!!!

Maybe it is as easy as replace Montana St with Idaho and add in the Non-conference teams.  this would be my best guess.

8/30 - MVSU
9/8 - @Washington
9/15 - @SHSU

Sept. 22 Idaho State
Oct. 6 Bye
Oct. 13  Montana
Oct. 27 Weber State
Nov. 3 at Idaho
Nov. 10 Portland State

13 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Rumor has it potato bowl and homecoming both on same date next year. Huge mistake imo 

It's possible.  UND Homecoming 2018 has already been announced as Sept 22.  And I doubt they would have Potato Bowl against MVSU, which is a Thursday night game.