SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

43 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I like it. This with FBS Kansas State. Need one more and maybe we will get lucky and land another home game.

41 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I'd like to see a home and home with a decent FCS team scheduled to fill it out.  Perhaps with a former conference mate....

15 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Leaning more towards BSC members.... :xmas:

Considering this will be our first year in the MVFC, another cupcake home game wouldn't be a bad thing.  I doubt UND is going to want to schedule Eastern Washington or Montana given our new brutal conference schedule.  Especially the first year in the new conference.

I'm a huge fan of the recent additions of MVSU & Valpo to the non-conference schedule. Simply put, I don't think there's enough incentive given (from playoff committee) for UND to try to stack their non-conference schedule with an FBS game and 2 FCS powers. I look at the non-conference schedule as a place to build momentum going into conference play. I prefer they play their non-conference schedule more conservative.

Edit: By conservative, I'm talking one big FBS game for a check and other two home games against lower level FCS programs.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'm a huge fan of the recent additions of MVSU & Valpo to the non-conference schedule. Simply put, I don't think there's enough incentive given (from playoff committee) for UND to try to stack their non-conference schedule with an FBS game and 2 FCS powers. I look at the non-conference schedule as a place to build momentum going into conference play. I prefer they play their non-conference schedule more conservative.

Edit: By conservative, I'm talking one big FBS game for a check and other two home games against lower level FCS programs.

St. Cloud State probably beats Valpo and it's probably not even close.  The last time we stacked one on Valpo I walked out of a game later that year when Sac. St. was lighting us up at home.  I had to apologize to the people I brought to the game.  But hey, at least we put up 70 points on Valpo that year.  These cream puff games suck!!  It does little for the team unless we stay healthy and well rested, but even then fundamentally and from a skill standpoint it can actually hurt playing too far down in competition.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

St. Cloud State probably beats Valpo and it's probably not even close.  The last time we stacked one on Valpo I walked out of a game later that year when Sac. St. was lighting us up at home.  I had to apologize to the people I brought to the game.  But hey, at least we put up 70 points on Valpo that year.  These cream puff games suck!!  It does little for the team unless we stay healthy and well rested, but even then fundamentally and from a skill standpoint it can actually hurt playing too far down in competition.  

That 2013 UND team went 3-8, what would have their record been if they played a top FCS team that first game? They just weren't a very good team, period. Why do so many P5 teams schedule games against lower level of competition? I just don't see the reason to have a gauntlet of a non-conference schedule before you get into conference play. Would you be better prepared, probably, but you'd also be more beaten up going into conference play, with a better probability of having more losses. With UND being a night and day better team today than they were back then, I'd be less concerned about them regressing because of one or two games, or not being able to match a better conference opponent following a Valpo like opponent.   

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, AJS said:

That 2013 UND team went 3-8, what would have their record been if they played a top FCS team that first game? They just weren't a very good team, period. Why do so many P5 teams schedule games against lower level of competition? I just don't see the reason to have a gauntlet of a non-conference schedule before you get into conference play. Would you be better prepared, probably, but you'd also be more beaten up going into conference play, with a better probability of having more losses. With UND being a night and day better team today than they were back then, I'd be less concerned about them regressing because of one or two games, or not being able to match a better conference opponent following a Valpo like opponent.   

I would have more gratification if I found $1.50 in my couch cushions and got a dip cone at Dairy Queen compared to beating Valpo.

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

We love it when FBS teams schedule games against lower level opponents. But hate it when UND does. :whistling:

UND vrs. Wyoming and Bowling Green isn't close to UND vrs. Valpo.

Hopefully we make Utah regret their decision to play us, and we at least have a chance.  Does anyone think Valpo and Missouri Valley Whoever has a shot?

16 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Do you put handles on your grudges to make them easier to carry longer? ;):D

And shouldn't you be more concerned about your 2017 opener with Mississippi Valley State University of the SWAC? You know, the SWAC, that finished beside the no scholarships Pioneer League (see: Valpo, Drake) in 2016. Specifically, the SWAC East, where MVSU finished at the bottom in 2016.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

You have issues.

Are we sure "BisonDan" isn't really a ... Danielle ... and The Offspring wrote a tune about her

If you think I'm controlling then why do you follow me around?
If you're not co-dependent then why do you let others drag you down?
I don't know why you're messed up;
I don't know why your whole life is a chore;
Just do me a favor
And check your baggage at the door!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND has already hosted and crushed Valparaiso (2013), so your attempt at criticism is a bit tardy being this article existed then. Nice try, though. 

He wheeled this link out the first time we played Valpo in 2013 too.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND has already hosted and crushed Valparaiso (2013), so your attempt at criticism is a bit tardy being this article existed then. Nice try, though. 

I'm shocked he didn't know that since he is a regular here.