@UC Davis

? Cal Poly

@ Idaho

USD

@SUU

UC Davis

? Cal Poly

@ Idaho

These are just some games I have heard of or seen posted. Nothing for sure as of yet. I am just guessing on the GWFC games. Has anyone heard for sure how they are going to play out in 2009 when everyone starts playing everyone? Anyone else heard of any others?

USD

@SUU

UC Davis

? Cal Poly

Idaho State

Sept 19 @ Northwestern State

@USD

SUU

@UC Davis

? Cal Poly

@ Idaho

USD

@SUU

UC Davis

? Cal Poly

@ Idaho

These are just some games I have heard of or seen posted. Nothing for sure as of yet. I am just guessing on the GWFC games. Has anyone heard for sure how they are going to play out in 2009 when everyone starts playing everyone? Anyone else heard of any others?

I believe that UND will play at Cal Poly in 2009 and 2011. Cal Poly will travel to UND in 2010.

This is how I think that the GWFC schedule will be in 2009:

Cal Poly

Home: North Dakota and South Dakota

Away: UC Davis and Southern Utah

North Dakota

Home: South Dakota and UC Davis

Away: Cal Poly and Southern Utah

South Dakota

Home: Southern Utah and UC Davis

Away: North Dakota and Cal Poly

UC Davis

Home: Cal Poly and Southern Utah

Away: North Dakota and South Dakota

Southern Utah

Home: Cal Poly and North Dakota

Away: South Dakota and UC Davis

I believe the Northwestern State game includes a return game in 2010 and I've heard there are some preliminary talks for a game at a few different BCS schools in 2010. It's also been mentioned from numerous sources that their are 9 confirmed games for 2009. I believe these include the six already listed.

Did I miss something or has UND not announced the media situation for next year? Who are their contracts with and what stations are going to be carrying Sioux sports locally and statewide this year. What is going to be the broadcast team for football? Is Hammer back? Football is not all that far away now. I had gotten the impression they were going to announce this a while ago. Does anybody know?

Did I miss something or has UND not announced the media situation for next year? Who are their contracts with and what stations are going to be carrying Sioux sports locally and statewide this year. What is going to be the broadcast team for football? Is Hammer back? Football is not all that far away now. I had gotten the impression they were going to announce this a while ago. Does anybody know?

Clear Channel retained the rights in mid-June. It's their option year. The broadcast team I believe will stay the same. The only change to the network is that 710 in Bismarck is now carrying Bi-son football because they are getting paid to. Hopfully that helps you out!

I should add that I think that the Sioux on 740 in Fargo would be ideal. During the day, that station is a blowtorch and I've picked it up in Sundance, Wyoming, albeit a little fuzzy. That station is crystal clear all over the state and would be great for the Sioux.

I should add that I think that the Sioux on 740 in Fargo would be ideal. During the day, that station is a blowtorch and I've picked it up in Sundance, Wyoming, albeit a little fuzzy. That station is crystal clear all over the state and would be great for the Sioux.

I agree about the day-time power of the station, but the problem is that it powers down so much at night time. With more night football games and hockey of course, not sure if it would be the best idea.

What about Hennen's new station? AM 1100. I have heard that it is so powerful that it will reach into Canada and as far south as Iowa. I think it would be foolish not to negotiate something with him.

I believe the Northwestern State game includes a return game in 2010 and I've heard there are some preliminary talks for a game at a few different BCS schools in 2010. It's also been mentioned from numerous sources that their are 9 confirmed games for 2009. I believe these include the six already listed.

Gee, whatever happened to the days when you had 8 games in the cargill shed then play 2 cakes on the road?

What about Hennen's new station? AM 1100. I have heard that it is so powerful that it will reach into Canada and as far south as Iowa. I think it would be foolish not to negotiate something with him.

It would be the same problem as with 740 AM. These two stations are "big sticks" that have a huge, multi-state daytime footprint, but power down so much at night that they are virtually unlistenable unless within a 20-30 mile radius of the trasmitter. 740 is 50,000 watts during the day and about 900 watts at night. Hennen's 1100 is 50,000 watts in the daylight and under 500 watts at night-time. It would be great for either or even both of these stations to be a part of the radio network, but I think a bad idea for either one to be the flagship. Stations like KFGO and WDAY are 5,000 watts 24 hours a day, that is why they can be heard at night time. Having KFGO air football and hockey games is very valuable.

It would be the same problem as with 740 AM. These two stations are "big sticks" that have a huge, multi-state daytime footprint, but power down so much at night that they are virtually unlistenable unless within a 20-30 mile radius of the trasmitter. 740 is 50,000 watts during the day and about 900 watts at night. Hennen's 1100 is 50,000 watts in the daylight and under 500 watts at night-time. It would be great for either or even both of these stations to be a part of the radio network, but I think a bad idea for either one to be the flagship. Stations like KFGO and WDAY are 5,000 watts 24 hours a day, that is why they can be heard at night time. Having KFGO air football and hockey games is very valuable.

I'm hoping with the move to Division I to see a few more football night games. A radio station with a strong night-time signal is a must.

That appears to be the Ag College's new scheduling strategy as evidenced by the two non-conference turds you scheduled this year.

I was at a twins game 2 weeks ago and at the tailgate party a radio guy asked me about how we keep Bohl in fgo, I said just lucky so far. I then asked him about continuing a gopher bison series and he said no way. I said why, it packed the mdome, he said its not about money, its about wins, I dont agree with that theory but apparenty it is what it is.

I was at a twins game 2 weeks ago and at the tailgate party a radio guy asked me about how we keep Bohl in fgo, I said just lucky so far. I then asked him about continuing a gopher bison series and he said no way. I said why, it packed the mdome, he said its not about money, its about wins, I dont agree with that theory but apparenty it is what it is.

There won't be anymore Gopher-AC games because Minnesota fans could care less about ndsu. As much as you'd like to pretend that you're rivals with them you're not even on their radar. You beat one of the worst Big Ten football teams of all time and most Minnesota fans realize that. It's only a big thing in Fargo.

There won't be anymore Gopher-AC games because Minnesota fans could care less about ndsu. As much as you'd like to pretend that you're rivals with them you're not even on their radar. You beat one of the worst Big Ten football teams of all time and most Minnesota fans realize that. It's only a big thing in Fargo.

Bring you squad to fgo this year and lets see what happens. If und beat the rodents in fball Im sure everyone in gf would fall asleep over it too.

That appears to be the Ag College's new scheduling strategy as evidenced by the two non-conference turds you scheduled this year.

You have seen your schedule right? 2nd worst schedule in DI. Only 10 games - 2 straight weeks open, hockey will start by then and fb at und will be forgotten. :D

You have seen your schedule right? 2nd worst schedule in DI. Only 10 games - 2 straight weeks open, hockey will start by then and fb at und will be forgotten. :D

You wish...

Our schedule this year isn't the best, I agree. Remember, it is our first year as a DI program. Both you and I know that in a few years, UND will be right up there where the Bison are. If you are thinking (hoping) UND will go the way of Northern Colorado in football, you are wrong. In a few years, if we aren't playing the Bison, we will surely be sharing the spotlight with your team. I hope you have enjoyed that past few years alone in that football spotlight, because your big brother is back!

Do you remember the pathetic schedule NDSU had their first year in I-AA? At least we don't have a game against Valpo. :D

UND > NDSU

Dave...the year one schedule at NDSU (the year after transition) had more DI competition that the UND schedule...NDSU had 9, so far it looks like UND has 5. You need to deal with reality.

How do you come up with 5? I counted 6... Idaho State, Southeastern Louisiana, Cal-Davis, Southern Illinois, Southern Utah, and USD. As for the 9 I-AA opponents that NDSU had in '04, you know as well as I do that some of them (especially Valpo) were inferior to strong D2 programs like SCSU and Texas A&M-KIngsville that are on UND's '08 schedule. All things considered, nobody is going to have a stellar schedule in their 1st year of I-AA. My personal bias aside... UND's '08 schedule, overall, is about equal to NDSU's '04 schedule.

I missed SE Louisiana.....That is still 6 compared to 9.....and yes, Valpo was a give me. So we can call it 8.5 to 6.

Do you think the Sioux will keep St.Cloud State on their schedule in the future as an early non conference game after

2008?

I certainly hope not. I don't know why we are playing UND in the first place. I guess we are honoring a commitment.

• 4 weeks later...

Sept 5, 2009 @ Texas Tech

The Red Raiders open the year at home against North Dakota (Sept. 5) and Rice the following weekend. After an open date (Sept. 19), Tech will renew acquaintances with Houston (Sept. 26) at Robertson Stadium, before hosting New Mexico in the non-conference finale (Oct. 3). The New Mexico game is the first non-conference game scheduled in the month of October since 1995, when the Red Raiders faced Arkansas State in Lubbock.

Looks like I better save up for another road trip in 2009.