SiouxSports.com Forum

Hunting is a sport

Fetch

I am not sure where you are going with this; but do you have a problem with Pheasant Farms? I know from past experience because the pen raise birds don't sit still any more than the ones in the wild. Last bird that I hunted at Dakota hunting club flew away and did let me shoot him.

I am not sure where you are going with this; but do you have a problem with Pheasant Farms? I know from past experience because the pen raise birds don't sit still any more than the ones in the wild. Last bird that I hunted at Dakota hunting club flew away and did let me shoot him.

"Last bird that I hunted at Dakota hunting club flew away and did let me shoot him."

Wouldn't you do the same if you were the bird...haha... :silly:

No problem; all pheasants are essentially the same, and, although you see lots of articles declaring how "smart" they are, they really aren't, their running and flushing wild habits just can make them tough to track down and get close enough. But the pea brain inside that head is still just that.

I love those wild roosters out here that get trained early by non residents that can't hit anything. They learn that sitting tight is safe, since they can then fly away from a person unscathed. Makes for more late season birds for the rest of us, without having to run them down.

I am not sure where you are going with this; but do you have a problem with Pheasant Farms? I know from past experience because the pen raise birds don't sit still any more than the ones in the wild. Last bird that I hunted at Dakota hunting club flew away and didn't stay around to let me shoot him.

Fixed my own post. :silly:

No problem; all pheasants are essentially the same, and, although you see lots of articles declaring how "smart" they are, they really aren't, their running and flushing wild habits just can make them tough to track down and get close enough. But the pea brain inside that head is still just that.

I love those wild roosters out here that get trained early by non residents that can't hit anything. They learn that sitting tight is safe, since they can then fly away from a person unscathed. Makes for more late season birds for the rest of us, without having to run them down.

I can't wait for hunting season I bought a new over and under the last weekend of hunting season and I can't wait to go hunting and shoot holes in the sky.

I can't wait for hunting season I bought a new over and under the last weekend of hunting season and I can't wait to go hunting and shoot holes in the sky.

I have two o&u's'; if you spend the bucks on one, you can't miss, way too much money to miss :silly:

I have two o&u's'; if you spend the bucks on one, you can't miss, way too much money to miss :silly:

With the price of a box of shells, especially if lead goes away, it's too much money to miss no matter WHAT type of firestick you are using. In fact, it might be too expensive to carry my semi-auto. :lol:

Like my brother-in-law says "You can't be afraid to pull the trigger".

With the price of a box of shells, especially if lead goes away, it's too much money to miss no matter WHAT type of firestick you are using. In fact, it might be too expensive to carry my semi-auto. :silly:

Like my brother-in-law says "You can't be afraid to pull the trigger".

I haven't seen a semi auto that I can't unload fast. In Sodak you can have your plug out so you can empty it even faster.

I have had three of them and the pump gun is almost as fast for unloading. I read where they said the war in Iraq is causing the price of

shot gun and rifle shells to be more expensive. I have noticed that steel shot is way too expensive. One plus though is that it seems that the power of the steel shot has gotten really powerful as of late.

Edited by Goon

• 3 weeks later...
Hunting would be more of a sport if the animals had the ability to shoot back at the hunters. :D

Hey have you ever tried to shoot a deer or duck when they are moving.

There is a lot of sport to it.

I hate hunting...........by that I mean, I hate to actually physically go out and hunt an animal. There are about 9 million other things I'd rather do (including getting slapped in the balls) than get up at 4:30 in the morning, strategically place plastic birds in a field, and then lie down on the soaking wet ground in a heavy fog and wait for real birds to hopefully land near me.

While I hate hunting myself, I do support hunters and appreciate those that enjoy it and do it the right way. I'm a farmer, and you would not believe the damage that deer and geese do to crops. IMO, the hunting seasons for those are way, way to short. In fact if I had my way, a person could shoot deer or geese year round! :lol:

As far as elk farms or pheasant farms go, really what is the problem with that? How is it different than a beef cattle, or hog operation? Consider them different forms of livestock.

If people can be sarcastic about 80's hair bands I can be sarcastic about hunting. Not everybody loves hunting as much as you do, sooner or later you're going to have to come to grips with that... just as I have had to come to grips with the fact that not everybody loves 80's hair bands as much as I do. It's nothing personal, just that we have different likes and dislikes.

:lol:

I hate hunting...........by that I mean, I hate to actually physically go out and hunt an animal. There are about 9 million other things I'd rather do (including getting slapped in the balls) than get up at 4:30 in the morning, strategically place plastic birds in a field, and then lie down on the soaking wet ground in a heavy fog and wait for real birds to hopefully land near me.

While I hate hunting myself, I do support hunters and appreciate those that enjoy it and do it the right way. I'm a farmer, and you would not believe the damage that deer and geese do to crops. IMO, the hunting seasons for those are way, way to short. In fact if I had my way, a person could shoot deer or geese year round! :lol:

As far as elk farms or pheasant farms go, really what is the problem with that? How is it different than a beef cattle, or hog operation? Consider them different forms of livestock.

I know a few of us would be happy to take a few of these geese off your hands that are killing your crop.

:silly:

Does it really bother you that much that I think hunting is lame? Why would you even care?

If I told you what I really thought I would be supsended from the site for a week.

So actually I could care less what you think. :lol::lol: I am thinking

you're going back to being ignored again. :lol: So go ahead get the last word as ussual. :glare::silly:

******update******

This is also the last time I am going to engage DaveK (reoccuring theme here on Sioux sports) on this subject as well. As many hunters know hunting is under attack from the ill informed, i.e forces like PETA, Fringe anti hunting groups and people that are ill informed that don't have a clue what they are talking about when they attack hunting and hunters. These forces have tried to marginalize hunting and hunters and paint them as a bunch of hill billies and knuckle draggers or blood thirsty people... Hunters help cull the herd and are good for conseravation.

Looks like somebody here takes his so-called sport and his opinion about it way too seriously. If Goon enjoys hunting, good for him. But that doesn't mean he's above being goofed on for it. If I can take a lot of grief for my love of 80's hair bands, then Goon can take a lot of grief for his love of hunting. He needs to develop thicker skin and not let being poked fun of get him so riled up.

While I should not respond to you; I am lifting my ban on responding to you for one more answer: Then you're on a permanent ignore. I don't mind taking crap from people that know what they are talking about but the stuff you come up with is down right silly and ridiculous.

I don't care if people like Fetch, Sprig others et el (about 99% of Sioux sports members can) give me crap because they actually understand the sport. You have shown nothing but disdain and disrespect for sportsman and for hunting. Like I said please stick to something you know, sportsmans like me are happy we aren't tripping over in you in the field. There is a God.

Lastly: If I listen to music it is ussually xm-41 (aka hard rock hair band) so that argument is silly as well...

Well, I also have my XM radio on 41 more often than not, so I guess we do have something in common after all. Still, you're being way too overly sensitive about the hunting thing. I like to make fun of hunting, NASCAR, monster trucks, wrestling, country music, rap music, and anything else that I think is lame. No matter how much you might enjoy hunting personally, it is not some sacred thing that is above being made fun of by people who aren't into it. No need to get all melodramatic.

Ahhh come on Goon...why are you so thin skinned?? That is fine that you are a hunter but you are all in a tizzy over this...Let me guess...you are voting for Bob Barr for president?:lol: